Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Places you hate to drive.

Spaceman Spiff

Dominican Republic ftw.

No lanes. No traffic lights. Total chaos, and tons of motorcycles/scooters with all hell breaking loose. Horns....lots of horn honking.

12-14 lanes of traffic. You are going forward, and on either side of you, could be "lanes" of cars coming in the other direction.

And lots of dirt highways.

Worst place in the US? Orlando. Tons of tourists speaking tons of languages.

Rent that car.

Must......get to Disney.....Now!

Different from places you hate to go. This is places you hate to drive, it can be a town, state, city, specific stretch of highway, etc.

I hate driving when I get more than two miles away from my house ... (my commute is less than two miles one way so I've become very spoiled :laugh:)

cheers

The list of driving nightmares in other countries would make for an endless thread. I won't even go there.

I have no problem with city driving. I LOVE driving in Boston, because actually knowing how to get from point A to point B is a skill to be earned by relatively few. When you're showing secrets and shortcuts to the veteran taxi drivers, you've made it. :cool:

Boring or ugly driving is far worse than city driving. The NJ Turnpike sucks. Ohio sucks, Michigan generally sucks. The Philly area sucks. Most of Tornado Alley and the Plains states suck (for driving, at least). The slog through South Carolina sucks, the depressing overpriced pavement of South of the Border notwithstanding. At least places like Arizona and Nevada offer breathtaking scenery to go with your never-ending drive.

I have zero sympathy for people who miss their exits on highways like the PA Turnpike. Either learn how to plan and follow a route, or stay home. Buy a TomTom if you have trouble reading signs.

Ohio and Missouri. Hate them with a passion. There is always construction going on and those states are just miserable to drive through. We should just take them off the map...

...which is trumped by the endless miles of PA's state flowers on the roads there. The key words in your statement are "construction going on"; in PA the construction never seems to start, end, or even take place, just inconvenient construction zones and roads to nowhere.

Roosevelt Boulevard in Philly is the one I hate the most. If it's your first time there, you'll end up sad.

I hate driving on 495 between 123 and 95 during rush hour. Its just crazy how many cars are all trying to go the same way.

Any downtown sucks for driving.... traffic circles are fine man. you just gotta take the appropriate lane for when you gotta get out. I think they are pretty fun :cool:.

Driving just about any where in latin america is a nightmare. I've heard Asia is worse but have never beem there so I wouldn't know.

I was going to say this too...Mexico City is the worst I've seen, but even the border towns are crap. I hate sitting in line for hours waiting to get back into the states.

I4 near Orlando and Orlando itself. Some of the most dangerous roads in the country.

I lived down here for 9 months, but I must not be seeing the places you're talking about. Then again, I avoid anything on the south or east areas of town, so I don't get close to Disney or Universal or anything.

What do I hate most? Walmart. I don't care what city it is. I hate Walmart.

I hate driving when I get more than two miles away from my house ... (my commute is less than two miles one way so I've become very spoiled :laugh:)

heh...I missed this one. This is more how I feel than hating any particular place. My commute is about 10 miles, but its pretty straight forward and traffic flows ok. In general, I *hate* driving - doesn't matter where. If I'm going somewhere with anyone, I give them the keys to my car if that's the vehicle we're taking. If they don't give them back, then they're driving.

Archived