Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Beer Thread

RedskinsFanInTX

Dragon Stout--Best tasting stout ever. It's a bit sweet, so if you don't like that, you won't like Dragon. Great hoppy finish that drives through the sweetness. And surprisingly refreshing considering its heaviness. Very flavorful. This is my absolute favorite beer.

Blue Moon--Another beer I love. Really amazing how smelling the slice of orange on your glass brings out the flavors in this one.

Guiness--Perennial favorite. I'm the weirdo who likes it better from the bottle (the one with the yellow label, not the black label).

Dogfish Head Chicory Stout--Haven't had this in a looong time, not even sure if they still make it, but from my recollection, it was the shiznit.

Brooklyn Brown Ale-- Good stuff.

Presidente--great beer for a hot day/night. Very crisp pilsner, light flavor. Good for beer lovers and those who don't have the taste for beer yet. Fits the same role as Corona, but MUCH better.

totally depends on the situation.

Extended drinking (i.e. tailgating situation): I prefer Yuengling Lager from a bottle. No cans, if it can be helped.

I like Hefeweizens and dark Belgian beers if it's just with dinner and I'm not allowed to get tanked.

oh and a Hofbrauhaus (like the one in Munich) just opened up here in Pittsburgh!

Dogfish Head Chicory Stout--Haven't had this in a looong time, not even sure if they still make it, but from my recollection, it was the shiznit.

Yep they still make it and it's still as delicious as ever. :cloud9:

I could go for a cold Shiner Bock right now.

Yes sir! :cheers: <---Shiner Bock

Way back in the olden days of E.S. this was one of the largest and most popular thread ever.

I was fortunate to have extended visits in Australia,Canada The UK, Germany when I was a socializing 20 something and drinking the local stuff from tap in the pub /bars with those patrons was the ultimate in diplomatic relations.

Skinny Blonde: rock 'n' roll beer with a naked twist

It is the ultimate Aussie beer-lover’s fantasy: a bottle of brew with a woman on the label whose bikini disappears as fast as the drinker can consume its contents.

Three friends in Sydney have taken on the Australian beer market with a unique world first marketing concept for their new beer.

The label is Skinny Blonde, a low-carb beer that is thriving on the current popularity of Australia’s new crop of ‘healthy’ beers.

But there is another reason it is popular: the Skinny Blonde bottle features a 1950s-style pin-up called Daisy whose red bikini disappears as the beer level drops and the bottle warms up, thanks to the modern ink technology used on the labels.

BLONDE_PIXEL_SIZE_1_506588a.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

bumping for playoff hockey related inquiry...

I'm looking for a suggestion of a legit beer to work with during the Caps game tomorrow. It's byob at my buddy's place so if I'm getting a sixer, I figure I should get something good, especially for the playoffs :). Anybody have an idea of a good drinking beer that'd work in this situation?

bumping for playoff hockey related inquiry...

I'm looking for a suggestion of a legit beer to work with during the Caps game tomorrow. It's byob at my buddy's place so if I'm getting a sixer, I figure I should get something good, especially for the playoffs :). Anybody have an idea of a good drinking beer that'd work in this situation?

I'm gonna sound like a broken record, but I'll keep plugging Leinenkugel Sunset Wheat. Again, props to QBK for pointing me towards this stuff. It's expensive, but it tastes like mother****in' Fruit Loops. Who doesn't like Fruit Loops?

300_126375.jpg

Of course, Sam Adams is another way to go. I also love Yuengling Black & Tan, but if you don't like dark beer you can go with regular Yuengling.

I'm gonna sound like a broken record, but I'll keep plugging Leinenkugel Sunset Wheat. Again, props to QBK for pointing me towards this stuff. It's expensive, but it tastes like mother****in' Fruit Loops. Who doesn't like Fruit Loops?

Of course, Sam Adams is another way to go. I also love Yuengling Black & Tan, but if you don't like dark beer you can go with regular Yuengling.

Leinenkugel Summer Shandy FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll probably end up giving one of the Leinenkugels a shot, if i can find it. Yuengling's a good fall back, but I'd like to try something I haven't had before. We'll see how it goes. thanks guys/gals

Leinenkugel, at least around here, is common to see in beer stores. Will be getting that and some Sam Adams BL for the game tonight.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll