Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Beer Thread

RedskinsFanInTX

Wow, first beer thread I've seen on this board. :)

Too many favorites to list. Off the top of my head, I'd say my top 5 would probably include:

Chimay Rouge

Paulaner Hefeweizen

Fuller's ESB

Murphy's Stout

Yuengling Lager if I'm firing for effect

Beer belongs in a glass. And keep the fruit out of it dammit.

Man I can't get enough of SA Winter Lager. I bought two 12-packs of it this weekend.

A lot of people love the Oktoberfest bit the Winter Lager is where it's at for me. It's heavy and spicy and perfect for when it's cold out.

Late fall and winter are the best time for beer. Between the pumpkin beers and the season Sam Adams I'm in heaven :chug:

Winter Lager is my favorite of their seasonals, but White Ale for spring is a close second.

Had it on draft 3 times, every time I did I was "giving it a chance". Had to switch to something else each time. Maybe I should try it in the bottle...they selling it yet?

Haven't really had much Sam Adams, I know, blasphemy. Never had Oktoberfest, either. Bout to go pick up some beer, might try it out...any recommendations for a typical beer store, QBK?

Yep it's out now. Sam is on sale here for $12.99 a 12-pack, pretty good deal considering it's usually $15-16.

I will say though if you didn't like it on draft you prob won't like it in a bottle unless the draft beer was kind of flat.

Sam has a good mixed-pack out now for the holidays and every beer in there is good except the Honey Porter IMO.

Have you had just the regular Sam Boston Lager? That's one of my faves.

For recommendations, not sure what you've had and not had but Leinenkugel (sp?) is a good beer, similar to Blue Moon but more of that kind of Belgian Wheat flavor.

Red Hook makes some very good beers. They have a good IPA and they're original EBS is good too.

Let me know what you end up getting. :cheers:

Yep it's out now. Sam is on sale here for $12.99 a 12-pack, pretty good deal considering it's usually $15-16.

I will say though if you didn't like it on draft you prob won't like it in a bottle unless the draft beer was kind of flat.

Sam has a good mixed-pack out now for the holidays and every beer in there is good except the Honey Porter IMO.

For recommendations, not sure what you've had and not had but Leinenkugel (sp?) is a good beer, similar to Blue Moon but more of that kind of Belgian Wheat flavor.

Red Hook makes some very good beers. They have a good IPA and they're original EBS is good too.

Had regular Sam Adams from time to time, but was feeling too zippy to taste it. Never heard of those beers man, Red Hook, Leinenkugel...I'll look for 'em. If not I'll get a 32oz of Sam Adams (I believe they make those)...and 12 pack of High Life (cheapest 12 pack of bottles in the store). In a money crunch, so happy hour and cheap beer companies are getting hit hard by this man. I'll let ya know. What do you think of Sierra Nevada? Had it once and remember liking it.

Draft, bottle or can?

Foreign or domestic?

Hot, cold or warm?

Give me a a cold bottle of Budweiser.

It all depends.

I don't like commercial draft beer (Bud, Miller) because it gives me a headache.

I do like brew pub draft beer though.

I preferred bottle beer, except when I go camping or fishing, then cans is fine.

Foreign is my favorite (Danish and German) but I do drink plenty of the domestic.

I preferred cold, but some beers taste better when they are cool to warm.

It really depends on my mood.

Sierra Nevada "Bigfoot"...you will thank me later.

That stuff ain't too bad.....but if you truly like the Barleywine style, you need to get your hands on some Clipper City "Below Decks" The '08 is out now, but you need to lay it down for a year to truly enjoy it.

If you can get your hands on any of this stuff, especially the '06, (of which I have a few bottles left), or the '07, not only will you thank me later, you will probably worship me too! ;)

BelowDecks-303_0.jpg

It's available for a very short time, in limited supply, and I was fortunate to snag another cse of the '07 a couple of weeks ago.

These are best enjoyed on a cold winter night, with a roaring fire going on in the fireplace and nothing to do, which is probably a wise choice, given the 10% ABV.....

I don't understand..they're 12 oz bottles...but if you consider 12 oz beers small....then....:notworthy

LOL

I DO like those 72oz bottles of Bud. But I never knew Sierra Nevada was 12 oz...are the bottles shorter, but wider than a typical beer bottle? I know they're shorter. Maybe they seem small because I just drink too fast baby!

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

I fell for it brother, I bought Sam Adams Winter Lager. Last time I had it I was 22. My tastebuds have grown! Had one and it's very FREAKIN good. The 12 pack box just looked too sweet. Also bought a 6 of Leinenkugel Sunset Wheat. Will try that tomorrow when I go over to my parents' house for a family dinner. See what my dad thinks of it...he loves fine whiskey and beer. Tab was 35 bucks. Bought a little bottle of whiskey. I'm ridin' high, gentlemen.

Sierra Nevada "Bigfoot"...you will thank me later.

Bigfoot is 9% if I'm not mistaken. Good taste but I had a couple of those in New Orleans when I was already half-drunk and it put me on my ass.

I fell for it brother, I bought Sam Adams Winter Lager. Last time I had it I was 22. My tastebuds have grown! Had one and it's very FREAKIN good. The 12 pack box just looked too sweet. Also bought a 6 of Leinenkugel Sunset Wheat. Will try that tomorrow when I go over to my parents' house for a family dinner. See what my dad thinks of it...he loves fine whiskey and beer. Tab was 35 bucks. Bought a little bottle of whiskey. I'm ridin' high, gentlemen.

Congrats my man. Glad to hear you like the Winter Lager, it definitely is some good stuff.

If you want to try something similar to it during the cold months, try Blue Moon's "Full Moon." It's a spicy winter lager like the Sam's.

Let me know about the Leinenekugel, it's good stuff as well but prob wouldn't taste good if you're mixing it and the Sam winter.

Leinenkugel is more of a warm-weather beer to have IMO, but it's good in the winter too. :D

:cheers: <-----Sam Winter in those mugs

Bigfoot is 9% if I'm not mistaken. Good taste but I had a couple of those in New Orleans when I was already half-drunk and it put me on my ass.

Congrats my man. Glad to hear you like the Winter Lager, it definitely is some good stuff.

If you want to try something similar to it during the cold months, try Blue Moon's "Full Moon." It's a spicy winter lager like the Sam's.

Let me know about the Leinenekugel, it's good stuff as well but prob wouldn't taste good if you're mixing it and the Sam winter.

Leinenkugel is more of a warm-weather beer to have IMO, but it's good in the winter too. :D

:cheers: <-----Sam Winter in those mugs

Not gonna mix it with the Winter Lager...just taking the 6'er over to the parents and mixing it with a legendary dinner from my mom. The way she cooks this meal makes the house about 80 degrees inside...so it should feel like summer. :)

Cheers man. When are you coming back to the area so we can get the MMA crew together to pound some good beer?

Not gonna mix it with the Winter Lager...just taking the 6'er over to the parents and mixing it with a legendary dinner from my mom. The way she cooks this meal makes the house about 80 degrees inside...so it should feel like summer. :)

Cheers man. When are you coming back to the area so we can get the MMA crew together to pound some good beer?

I'll be back the weekend before inauguration and up until the day after...I'll have to see if there's an event that weekend we could check out.

Beer is fine for me in all vessels, though going to a place that gives you a flat draft beer is kinda nasty.

Supercheap: Miller Lite, Boh

Cheap: Yuengling

American: Sam Adams - anything but the Cranberry or cherry wheat. Love Octoberfest, Love Winter Lager

Import: Smithwicks

mmmmm.....beer.

I just got some of this a few weeks back and I loved it. I have to give it up to Blue Moon/Coors that brand is great from the white wheat blue moon and the oktoberfest style Harvest Moon they are all great.

I just got some of this a few weeks back and I loved it. I have to give it up to Blue Moon/Coors that brand is great from the white wheat blue moon and the oktoberfest style Harvest Moon they are all great.

I had the Harvest Moon on Halloween and I like it a lot too. They definitely put out a quality selection of beers.

I took a trip to Colorado back in the spring and toured the Coors brewery in Golden. They gave us wristbands that are good for 3 free drinks in the bar at the end of the tour and I ended up spending all 3 of my free drinks on Coors Original. I'd never had it before and they gave us a sample during the tour and I was impressed.

I tried it when I got back and it was still good but not nearly as good as the stuff fresh out of the brewery.

Bought Blue Moon about 2 months ago and enjoyed it, definitely good. My buddy gave me a couple beers a few months ago and they were "white" beers. Forgot the name of them. It was incredibly insane. Somehow he worked Blue Moon in to the conversation when we were having the beers together, but the stuff wasn't Blue Moon. He basically said it was "kinda like Blue Moon". So I went out and got some, but it didn't compare. Had all sorts of beers but those two I had with my friend stood out. Almost had a minty aftertaste, but it didn't reek of a candy. I know I could be describing a million kinds of beers, but maybe someone has a hunch at what I'm talking about...

Can't ask him because he's one of those guys that just disappears for a couple months and returns with a story about getting lost in Taiwan or some ****.