Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Beer Thread

RedskinsFanInTX

bumping this thread because I want to get a few quality brews for the next time I grill.

Anyone have an opinion on the Chimay red or Chimay blue? Everything I have seen says they are pretty good beers. Just want some input from the ES beer experts.

Are those the beers with the cork that you get at Wegmans for 9 bucks a bottle?

I havent tried them, but i always look at them.

bumping this thread because I want to get a few quality brews for the next time I grill.

Anyone have an opinion on the Chimay red or Chimay blue? Everything I have seen says they are pretty good beers. Just want some input from the ES beer experts.

I didn't like them personally, but if you like high gravity beers, go for it :)

Leinenkugels has some phenominal beers here are the ones that I have had and which beers they resemble and pwn.

Sunset Wheat - pwns Blue Moon

Honey Weiss - pwns Honey Brown

Classic Amber - pwns Killians

Oktoberfest - pwns Sam Adams version

I love Leine's they really do have some great beers.

If I am not feeling Leine's I'll either go with Land Shark which pwns Corona or Bud Light Lime. BLL I can down a 12 pack of that crap in no time and not even realize what I have done.

Leinenkugels has some phenominal beers here are the ones that I have had and which beers they resemble and pwn.

If I am not feeling Leine's I'll either go with Land Shark which pwns Corona or Bud Light Lime. BLL I can down a 12 pack of that crap in no time and not even realize what I have done.

Ugh man I hate Leinenkugels most of their beers are not real beers. They add all sort of artificial flavors to make their beers. For example, try their Fireside Brown or Summer Shandy, blah, terrible IMO. Their Sunset Wheat is way to sweet for a hefeweisen, but to each his own I suppose if you like it keep on

Ugh man I hate Leinenkugels most of their beers are not real beers. They add all sort of artificial flavors to make their beers. For example, try their Fireside Brown or Summer Shandy, blah, terrible IMO. Their Sunset Wheat is way to sweet for a hefeweisen, but to each his own I suppose if you like it keep on

You sir are crazy!!!:silly:

Summer shandy is my favorite summer time beer!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love sitting by the pool, listening to music, basking in the sun with a Summer Shandy!!!

How dare you not include Summer Shandy!!!

I despise the fireside brown, it is gross, but the rest of the beers that I have had are delicious. What qualifies as a real beer? The reason I ask is simple, they taste great and have a higher alc/vol content than most popular beers.

I despise the fireside brown, it is gross, but the rest of the beers that I have had are delicious. What qualifies as a real beer? The reason I ask is simple, they taste great and have a higher alc/vol content than most popular beers.

When I say real beer I mean beer made with water, malt, hops and yeast none of that artificial stuff that Leinen includes to have the exaggerated flavors of the style they are brewing. As I said earlier if you enjoy it drink it up I was just stating my opinion on that particular brewery.

As far as the Shandy it is some weird combo of lemonade and a wheat beer just doesnt make much sense. My wife loves it and we have a 6-pack of it around but beer shouldn't taste like that IMO.

Edited by Warpath11

finally tried the Starr Hill seasonal beer "Love" last night.

it is a wheat beer with a hint of banana.

i would recommend this - an interesting flavor, but not the overpowering "fruitiness" of many similar beers.

ha makes you feel like youre drinking a reel beer even if there is a little banana in it.

Starr Hill always delivers.

Edited by TGI Jef

They just opened a Hofbrauhaus here in Pittsburgh. The waits are ridiculous, but it's a dead ringer for the original in Munich.

Ive been to the Hofbrauhaus in Munich, and Octoberfest... but I thought that was in Garmisch... i could be wrong, I was young.