Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Beer Thread

RedskinsFanInTX

I have a craving for a Killian's Red right now!

One of the best meal I ever had was in the summer of 1996...I had just findished working in the yard all day and it was unbelievably hot...The sun was going down and I sat on my back deck with a HUGE hunk of watermelon and an Ice Cold Coors Light...it was perfect!

• Like 1

Ive been to the Hofbrauhaus in Munich, and Octoberfest... but I thought that was in Garmisch... i could be wrong, I was young.

They might have chains throughout Germany, but the orig one is in Munich.

DYK that every region/state in Germany has it's own type of beer that it specializes in? Like it's a matter of regional pride or something.

Have you had the 120? I have had their other beers, but never that one. I know it is like 20%.

I've had it before, it's good stuff. If you're ever in Falls Church stop by their restaurant and get one of the samplers I'm pretty sure you get a sample of 120 with it.

Others I like:

Fat Tire, Otter Creek Pale, Dos Equis, and for everyday-inexpensive brew - Miller Lite.

I used to be a big beer snob and wouldn't touch anything that wasn't specialty or import but these days I agree with you, you gotta have an everyday inexpensive brew.

I went to Colorado last spring to visit my girl's parents and we went to the Coors brewery and I drank a bunch of fresh Coors Original and dug it. So for me I'll get Coors or Coors Light for the everyday stuff.

I haven't seen that in years...do they still make Bud Dry too?

There's a good reason you haven't seen it in years. Bud Ice was awful. Even when I was a freshman in college and living on the cheapest beer available, that stuff stood out for being so nasty.

For cheap, ice cold Miller High Life, PBR, or Miller Lite.

Swee****er 420 (local brewery in Atlanta), Highland Gaelic Ale (Highland Brewing Co in Asheville), Dogfish Head, Guinness, Yuengling, Smithwick's, Boddingtons are some favorites. I also like to pick up random 6-packs of things I've never tried before, but it's sometimes hard to remember which ones were the best. Oh well...

Have you had the 120? I have had their other beers, but never that one. I know it is like 20%.

It's very good, but pretty hardcore. A beer to have with a good steak dinner. Not one that I would drink several while sitting on the couch watching football.

There's a good reason you haven't seen it in years. Bud Ice was awful. Even when I was a freshman in college and living on the cheapest beer available, that stuff stood out for being so nasty.

For cheap, ice cold Miller High Life, PBR, or Miller Lite.

Swee****er 420 (local brewery in Atlanta), Highland Gaelic Ale (Highland Brewing Co in Asheville), Dogfish Head, Guinness, Yuengling, Smithwick's, Boddingtons are some favorites. I also like to pick up random 6-packs of things I've never tried before, but it's sometimes hard to remember which ones were the best. Oh well...

Yeah I agree. I remember trying it as a freshman or sophomore in college and it tasted like piss smells. But at the same time I feel the same way about Miller High Life too. I just can't get into that.

It's very good, but pretty hardcore. A beer to have with a good steak dinner. Not one that I would drink several while sitting on the couch watching football.

Yeah football Saturday and Sunday are long days. No reason to go in getting hammered really quick. I saw 120 at a liquor store the other day and thought about buying it. It might be an expensive night, but I might have to try it with steak when I do try it.

Edited by JMURedskins

Here are some of my favorites

Rodenbach Grand Cru

Westvleteren Abt 12 (impossible to find but if you are in Belgium a must have)

Russian River Pliny the Younger

Bells Expedition Stout

Schneider Aventinus

Innis & Gunn oak-aged beer

Delirium Tremens

Cheap beer of choice the one and only Pabst Blue Ribbon

Yeah I agree. I remember trying it as a freshman or sophomore in college and it tasted like piss smells. But at the same time I feel the same way about Miller High Life too. I just can't get into that.

MHL must be ice cold, I mean super cold, but when it is it's pretty good.

I was having some sushi for lunch today and the restaurant offered Yebisu beer. I didn't pull the trigger.

Anyone ever try it?

I haven't tried that, no. I bet they also have Asahi, which I have tried one night when I was eating sushi. And it was pretty good.

Edited by royallypwned