Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Beer Thread

RedskinsFanInTX

forbes-beer1widec.jpg

I just tried this stuff a couple months ago and really liked it.

Pride of San Diego right there. I should say, one of the prides. This may be the best beer city in the world. Ale Smith took over Stone as my favorite. We also have Ballast Point, Green Flash, Pizza Port, Coronado, Karl Strauss...

Have you tried the Double ****?

The only 4 beers that matter are Guinness, Newcastle, Harp and Asahi.

Everything else is substandard.

Not a big fan of stouts. Harp & Newcastle are decent beers, but Asahi? Seriously?? I believe that the main ingredient in that is Thai piss.

You have NO taste. ;)

Fixed if for you. ;)

Foreign, cold and on draught. Every single time. Don't get me wrong here, the American beers that they export to the UK are nice and everything (Coors, Budweiser etc) but you cannot beat a good Belgian, Dutch or Czech beer. (I am thinking mostly of Jupiler, one of Belgiums finest beers in my opinion, I could drown in it and still be happy).

Pride of San Diego right there. I should say, one of the prides. This may be the best beer city in the world. Ale Smith took over Stone as my favorite. We also have Ballast Point, Green Flash, Pizza Port, Coronado, Karl Strauss...

Have you tried the Double ****?

"You will not like this beer"....the first time I read that I thought that was so cool. Stone Brewery is a cool place to go and eat too.

The other night I had a girl come over to watch the NBA Finals and for dinner we had Stella and nacho cheese dip with chips...:hysterical:

Shyte! Got some good brews today...

Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA

Wild Goose Snow Goose (obv a seasonal beer and it was on clearance. Didn't taste skunky or anything...phew!)

Guiness 250 Anniversary Stout

Magic Hat Wacko

Flying Dog Kerberos Tripel

So far I have only had the Magic Hat and the Wild Goose. I prefer the Wild Goose over the Magic Hat so far. I am looking forward to the Guinness, but apparently it isn't much better than the regular stout. We'll see!

Great choice!

My favorite Clipper City beer is the Loose Cannon.

you are the first person i have ever heard who echos my sentiments. a virtual hop extravaganza- probably my favorite beer.

hops

hops

more hops

perfect

:cheers:

you are the first person i have ever heard who echos my sentiments. a virtual hop extravaganza- probably my favorite beer.

hops

hops

more hops

perfect

:cheers:

Ahhh...a fellow hop-head!

Loose Cannon is one of my all-time favorites. I think it's better than the Dogfish 60, 90 & 120 minute IPA's. Clipper City managed to give you all of the hop goodness, while keeping the flavor crisp and clean.

I used to keep it on tap but, with an ABV of around 7.25%, it's not a good session beer.

I found a good alternative. DuClaw's Hellrazer. It has enough bitterness to keep the hop-head in me happy and, with an ABV of 6.2%, I can drink several pints and still stand up. It's become my "house" beer.

If you like the Loose Cannon, then I suggest trying Yards IPA. It's brewed in Philly, (I know:doh:), but it's an excellent IPA. My son's girlfriend goes to Philly every couple of months and she picks me up a case each time.

Any recommendations for stouts sold at most beer stores?

I like Guinness, want to check out others.

Sam Adam's Cream Stout is a good one that's available all over.

And considering where you live you can probably find Dogfish head chicory stout fairly easily.

Ahhh...a fellow hop-head!

Loose Cannon is one of my all-time favorites. I think it's better than the Dogfish 60, 90 & 120 minute IPA's. Clipper City managed to give you all of the hop goodness, while keeping the flavor crisp and clean.

I used to keep it on tap but, with an ABV of around 7.25%, it's not a good session beer.

I found a good alternative. DuClaw's Hellrazer. It has enough bitterness to keep the hop-head in me happy and, with an ABV of 6.2%, I can drink several pints and still stand up. It's become my "house" beer.

If you like the Loose Cannon, then I suggest trying Yards IPA. It's brewed in Philly, (I know:doh:), but it's an excellent IPA. My son's girlfriend goes to Philly every couple of months and she picks me up a case each time.

DuClaw has some good beers as well. That's a great place to go hang out and eat on a nice summer day!

Well you definitely got me on to Leinenkugel so I'll give those beers a shot today. Will report back half sober.

Sounds good man, I forgot about the Leinenkugel thing. Definitely let me know what you think. As far as stouts go I like the dogfish head better but the Sam Adams isn't bad at all.

The only 4 beers that matter are Guinness, Newcastle, Harp and Asahi.

Everything else is substandard.

You need to expand your horizons...at least to include the related Boddington's, Bass and Smithwick's. I love Guinness, Newcastle and Harp (asahi...ehhh) but there's a world of great beer out there.

I can't believe I forgot to mention Dale's Pale Ale. One of the single tastiest beers around.