Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Beer Thread

RedskinsFanInTX

I cooked out before the game yesterday with a 6 pack of Dominion Double D IPA for myself. Stuff got me drunk. Wow. Too bad the 33-7 start brought me down. Drunk and miserable, but the pregame was great. By the time we mounted the close comeback, I was already a zombie.

Funny I just had one tonight. Very solid DIPA.

Guess I'll just do a weekly blog for the rest of the season on which beer I had for each game.

Week 2, and I decided to take the fall plunge. Southern Tier Pumking and a 6 pack of DFH Raisin D 'Etre. I didn't even bother opening the Pumking. Skins game had me too pissed. Will pop it open soon though. Drank 4 Raisin D'Etres, but had to chug the last one so I could take a nap. The Skins literally have me feeling like an old man on Sundays. Nap time when there are other games on. Nope, not watching, too disgusted. Nowhere near deserving of a Pumking, and the Raisin was hard to even enjoy. Shoulda drank my stash of macros right off the bat.

I came across a beer called Sweet Baby Jesus brewed by Duclaw in Aberdeen MD. I guess it's the beer version of Dessert Wine.

It's a chocolate Peanut butter Porter. Tastes pretty good. You can taste the peanut, but it's not overpowering. It's got fantastic aroma.

My primary complain was lack of carbonation. Something sweet like this almost requires a bit of bite to suit me.  My local beer/wine store sells lots of beers by the bottle which is why I bought it. Not something I'd drink a six-pack of, but I'd revisit it from time to time in the winter for sure.

I came across a beer called Sweet Baby Jesus brewed by Duclaw in Aberdeen MD. I guess it's the beer version of Dessert Wine.

It's a chocolate Peanut butter Porter. Tastes pretty good. You can taste the peanut, but it's not overpowering. It's got fantastic aroma.

My primary complain was lack of carbonation. Something sweet like this almost requires a bit of bite to suit me.  My local beer/wine store sells lots of beers by the bottle which is why I bought it. Not something I'd drink a six-pack of, but I'd revisit it from time to time in the winter for sure.

I tried that a month or so ago and I didn't like it all. Tasted almost too chocolately to me.

Had this recommended to me by Murf last week while we were in Green Bay. Had to go to two Krogers to find it here. Figures the one across town would be the one to have it. Well worth the drive time too. :)

Quite possibly the best thing to come out of Baltimore since The Wire. :)

4851DEB3-79F3-43A3-B98C-99077846F2C9-599

It's like drinking a Reese Cup. :)

Had this recommended to me by Murf last week while we were in Green Bay. Had to go to two Krogers to find it here. Figures the one across town would be the one to have it. Well worth the drive time too. :)

Quite possibly the best thing to come out of Baltimore since The Wire. :)

It's like drinking a Reese Cup. :)

If you're ever up in the baltimore area, check out one of the DuClaw restaurants. (there's one in BWI) good food, lots of great beer. It's currently tied for #1 with Dogfish head for Mid-atlantic breweries IMO.

Edited by rictus58

Drank this multiple times while in the Seattle area this weekend:

6938503983_e70d4a3f1a_z.jpg

The beer's description, from the Georgetown (Seattle) Brewing Compnay website:

For normal people
Darn tasty beer.

For beer lovers
A careful selection of Northwest hops, premium barley, and our unique yeast give this ale a rich and complex malty middle with a snappy hop finish. It's truly a micro that finishes crisp, clean, and smooth.

For beer geeks
2-row Pale, Caramel, and Cara-pilsner malt. Summit and Cascade hops. IBU's: 38. Original gravity 1.050 (13 Plato). Finishing gravity 1.010 (2.5 Plato). English Ale Yeast. Alcohol by Volume: 5.2%.

http://www.georgetownbeer.com/

Had my first experience with Pumpking last night....holy crap was it amazing. Drank that and decided i wanted another drink so opened up a different pumpkin....couldn't even drink it. lol

Pumking by far the best tasting pumpkin beer i have ever had. 

I really like the Fear by flying dog but it doesn't seem as much of a pumpkin ale as it does a perfect fall/halloween type imperial ale.

Pumking is amazingly delicious

I was down in Hollywood to cover Halloween Horror Nights media night, and stopped into the Karl Strauss brewery on City Walk. They are based out of San Diego (alone with Stone brewery).

My gawd, I don't think I have had a single day of beer tasting that has compared. Literally ever beer I tried was an instant classic.

The fact that San Diego has Karl Strauss AND Stone brewery?  ****s.

My only wish is that I had more time down there to go again.....

Here is the brewery beer page

http://www.karlstrauss.com/PAGES/Brews/OurBeer/Start.html

I had: Boardwalk Rye Black IPA, Wreck Alley Imperial Stout, Oktoberfest, and SDBW Peanut Butter Porter.  Happy hour 3-6pm $4 for ANY beer. 

Let me tell you something about that Peanut Butter Porter...just.....wow.  The head smells like peanut butter, and the beer gives you dark chocolate with peanut butter, but still manages to taste like beer.  I have no idea how this is accomplished to have such an even field but it was amazing.

If you ever hit up San Diego or Hollywood(Universal Studios) be sure to stop into Karl Strauss.

There are several other quality breweries in the San Diego area. It's one of the best beer cities in the country. Scratch that, in the world.

Edit- I stand by this point, though at least two I thought to be in the San Diego area are actually in the San Francisco area. Same thing right?

Edited by skinsfan_1215

Has one that raves about Pumpking has Schlafly's Pumpkin Ale? I haven't had Pumpking, but of all the Pumpkin beers I've had, Schlafly's is by far my favorite.

Schlafly is definitely my favorite of the pumpkin beers I have had. I thought that Pumking tasted like the buttered popcorn jelly belly. Wasnt a fan, dont understand why its so popular. Had a couple other people taste it and they agreed.

Also, Alewerks Pumpkin Ale is pretty good. Not great but a solid pumpkin beer.

Edited by MisterPinstripe