Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Beer Thread

RedskinsFanInTX

Tried to throw together a group photo but it was a little tough at work. (and my co-worker wanted to take his share and start the weekend)  You get the general idea.

7cw6.jpg

We ended up getting 5 Good Gourd, a four pack of Jose Marti, a six pack of Rollin Dirty, a Marshall Zhukov (tried getting more but they sold out, it was the last one) and 2 six packs of Jai Alai.  Finally, in the middle, is a 32oz growler of Cafe Americana.  I had never heard of it so at first I told her to not bother with any growlers...but when I read the rating I told her to pick it up and I'll try it out.  Can't wait.  Double/Imperial Stout. 

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/17981/98020

-----------------------------------------------------

FYI.  The Redskins themed Flying Dog Brewing t shirts are back in stock.  $25 each.  Shipping is $7 for one but free if you order two or more.

Edited by Southtown

Tried these for the game the other night

1170934_10151843237368307_1857485022_n.j

Im not a huge IPA fan for the most part, DFH 60Min is way too hoppy for me, this Magic Hat (ive had others) isnt as hoppy

as the DogfishHead 60Min to me, and is actually pretty damn good. I need to find something sweeter as Ive always

liked sweet

He probably read the first page and posted. Every other ES member stopped in here to mention the beers they like. After a while the thread filtered down to a craft beer discussion.

I'll be honest, when I play beer pong I get Milwaukees Best Ice. I don't give a **** about the slight difference between all the different American Lagers. To me, the best American Lager is the cheapest American Lager. Beast Ice gets a bad name from college kids trying to sound cool. Miller Lite is just as lame-tasting, takes longer to get ya drunk, and hits the wallet harder. Makes no damn sense.

My local beer store owners laugh at me all the time. One day I walk out of with some of their best craft beer, the next day it's a 12 pack of Beast Ice.

The Southern Tier Choklat is one of my favorite beers. That entire line of Imperial beers they have is incredible. Choklat, Creme Burlee, Oat Stout, Pumking, Un*Earthly...all A+ beers to me.

Chocklat was okay for me, I would have enjoyed it more if I shared it with someone, 22oz's more than i needed.

I really think those beers are the best from the east coast...that I've had at least. They beat west coast breweries like Stone, Lagunitas, Sierra Nevada too...this is just personally speaking.

I love Sierra Nevada, and Lagunitas rocks HARD. This is no slight on them. One day I will do a taste battle between the Un*Earthly and Hoptimum, to see which is my favorite DIPA.

I imagine beers from Cigar City and Alpine Brewing Co. to be of this quality, perhaps even higher. There are plenty of beers I haven't tried. Never spent over $20 on a bomber, either, and I've seen 'em reach over $50.

That said, Southern Tier Imperial Series is my favorite line of beer so far.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

"Hey guys, stopped by the store and picked up an 18 pack of Coors....of you too? Awesome...."

Dude, I just went to the Liquor Barn and built a sixer of Bud Lite, Coors Lite, Miller Light, PBR, Busch and to really mix it up I threw in a Coors Extra Gold. I was going to write a post about the differences but then I realized that I might as well write an article contrasting Dasani and Aquafina.

He probably read the first page and posted. Every other ES member stopped in here to mention the beers they like. After a while the thread filtered down to a craft beer discussion.

I'll be honest, when I play beer pong I get Milwaukees Best Ice. I don't give a **** about the slight difference between all the different American Lagers. To me, the best American Lager is the cheapest American Lager. Beast Ice gets a bad name from college kids trying to sound cool. Miller Lite is just as lame-tasting, takes longer to get ya drunk, and hits the wallet harder. Makes no damn sense.

My local beer store owners laugh at me all the time. One day I walk out of with some of their best craft beer, the next day it's a 12 pack of Beast Ice.

You like what you like..and that's all there is to it....

• Like 1

For West Coast Breweries, don't sleep on Drake's out of San Leandro (right below Oakland) they are coming up, have a good IPA, world class Stout, wonderful Porter and a Nitro Stout available only on tap at the brewery.

Also, Northern, CA is peppered with TONS of small operations that just don't have good distribution yet but if you are ever in the Bay area or Sacramento Valley, there is a LOT of good beer around.

NEVER TOO EARLY! 

My suggestion, even if you aren't ready to drink 'em yet, buy them to stock up on 'em because once they go and you can't get 'em anymore you'll regret not having bought more when you could.

Also I think it is the demand for them that is forcing them to release earlier every year.  Considering how well they sell and how fast, they probably want to accomodate a bigger customer base and it is hard to do that for a 2 month window.

The thing is, pumpkin beer by itself tastes great, but drinking it on a chilly fall evening is an empowering experience. Like Leo DiCaprio on the front of the Titanic. Screaming that you're the king of the world is optional. I like to have a few Marzens out of season, but they immediately remind me of Fall as I drink them.

Pumpkin spice and the Fall season has been a match made in heaven way before we flavored beer with it. Pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger and brown sugar...biscuity flavors, herbal spices...that all just hits the spot around mid-late October. I'm slamming Fall crafties at that point. Puts a constant smile on my face.

I'll slowly phase in to the Marzens according to how chilly it is. Still cooking out a ton, today was hot and I grilled steak for dinner. Sierra Nevada Hefeweisen and Heavy Seas Gold Ale are the beers I'm having. Both great to swig back in the summer sun.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll
  • Like 1

Nice to see we don't have a bunch of beer snobs here-- I sell brew for a living-- lots of craft brews from all over the Country --have cases of samples and I prefer a good old American Domestic Lager over the pricey alcohol ramped up stuff-- gimme a Yeungling Bud or Boxer any day over a Sierra Nevada

Shame on you :) Sierra Nevada is the shiz

Edited by grego
  • Like 1

Beer Concentrate

Beer is typically about 95% water, which makes it heavy, cumbersome, and expensive to transport. But with our innovative and modern brewing process (patent pending) we can create a nearly waterless beer concentrate that contains all the great flavor, alcohol, and aroma of a premium quality micro brew. Our beer is not dehydrated beer!

Unlike other concentrate processes, this is not just about making the beer and then “removing” the water afterwards (which is extremely energy inefficient). Instead, our process (patent pending) allows us to start with almost no water, and carefully control the environment of the fermentation. The result… concentrated beer with all the same great taste you’re used to in a premium micro brew. All you do is add water, carbonate, and enjoy.

Click on the link for more

Edited by China

The thing is, pumpkin beer by itself tastes great, but drinking it on a chilly fall evening is an empowering experience. Like Leo DiCaprio on the front of the Titanic. Screaming that you're the king of the world is optional. I like to have a few Marzens out of season, but they immediately remind me of Fall as I drink them.

Pumpkin spice and the Fall season has been a match made in heaven way before we flavored beer with it. Pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger and brown sugar...biscuity flavors, herbal spices...that all just hits the spot around mid-late October. I'm slamming Fall crafties at that point. Puts a constant smile on my face.

I'll slowly phase in to the Marzens according to how chilly it is. Still cooking out a ton, today was hot and I grilled steak for dinner. Sierra Nevada Hefeweisen and Heavy Seas Gold Ale are the beers I'm having. Both great to swig back in the summer sun.

-Proverbs 20:31

If anything, use August/September to sample all the pumpkin beers around to find out which ones you like best, then when October hits, concentrate your funds on stocking up on your favorites.

That is partly why I start getting them ASAP, because every season it is sort of a tradition to browse the beer shops to see which new breweries got distribution out here that hadn't the previous seasons.  So far I've had 2 I've never had before. Both were good.

From what the guy at the store tells me, Pumpkin Beer is extremely popular and some of the best selling beer all year, so it's definitely in your best interest to snatch it up, even if just to store for a month or so as soon as you see it because you never know when your local beer shop will stop re-stocking.