Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bacon Thread

ljs

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Granny Tortures 9-Year-Old for Eating Bacon: Cops

A Delaware County grandmother is in big trouble after police say she tortured her grandson for eating too much bacon at breakfast, according to the Delaware County Daily Times.

Police say that 63-year-old Marilee Ann Kolynych was making fun of her 9-year-old grandson all day on Tuesday for eating so much bacon, that there wasn’t enough left for the rest of the family’s breakfast, reports the Delco Times.

According to the Times, police were called to the 200-block of Washington Avenue in Clifton Heights around 9 p.m. for reports that Kolynych was sitting on top of her grandson, spraying him with the garden hose at point blank range.

“The nozzle setting of the hose was on full force,” Officer Jim Press told the Daily Times.

Luckily, the child was able to break free and run to a neighbor’s to call police.

Click on the link for the full article

...and what judge or jury is going to convict this woman? You mess with people's bacon at your own peril. That's a lesson everyone has to learn. Turns out this little :pooh: learned it a bit early is all.

I hate to admit it and hope I don't get banished here...........BUT...........I tried chicken fried bacon at the state fair last week and sadly, it wasn't nearly as good as you would think. Maybe it was because it was cheap, thin bacon but the taste of the grease and batter actually overpowered and took away from the taste of the bacon. I can't even begin to describe how disappointed I was.

Oh well, now I know to take my bacon straight up from now on.

This was what I thought when I saw the picture of this. Why on earth would anyone want to mess with something that's completely, and totally, 110% perfect? No added sugar, coatings, NOTHING!! ...just pure bacon goodness is all that's needed -----> nirvana.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Looks like the annual Iowa bacon festival is set to begin:

Iowa governor pardons pig before bacon festival

DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - A young pig has won a reprieve from the frying pan just as Iowa's popular bacon festival is about to begin.

Iowa Gov. Terry Branstad pardoned the 30-pound, 2 1/2-month-old Berkshire pig named Bonnie on Friday morning.

The pardon took place outside the governor's mansion in Des Moines in a ceremony ahead of the Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival held Saturday at the Iowa State Fairgrounds.

More than 8,000 people are expected to eat more than 10,000 pounds of bacon at the festival. Tickets for this year's event sold out in just over three minutes.

A UK coffee shop has created the world's priciest bacon sandwich with the $237 Bacon Bling. The works include seven rashers of bacon from a rare breed pig, truffle spread, watercress, a free range egg, sliced truffles, saffron, and edible gold dust. It is, of course, all cooked in truffle oil. [World Record Academy]

Read more: http://www.thedailymeal.com/most-expensive-bacon-sandwich-and-more-news#ixzz2LM21F9Nz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/BrandEatingFoodReviewsFoodNewsAndFoodRecipes/~3/42hgJUySiYs/news-dennys-brings-back-baconalia.html

Denny's once again offers their annual Baconalia menu (stylized as "Baconalia!") for a limited-time with a full line-up of 12 bacon-ful menu items (and 2 non-bacon items). The name "Baconalia" is a portmanteau of bacon and Bacchanalia (a drunken revelry named after the Greco-Roman god of wine, Bacchus).

Highlights on this year's menu includes a maple bacon shake, as well as a maple bacon sundae.

Here's the full menu in all its bacon-y glory:

• 2 months later...

SF Bacon Restaurant Must Close Due to Aroma Issue

Permitting issue -- and bacon smell -- fells bacon restaurant.

The bacon smell smelled so much of bacon, that now, the bacon must go.

A San Francisco bacon restaurant -- called Bacon Bacon -- must shut its doors after neighbors' complaints about the smell of bacon revealed a fatal permitting issue, according to the San Francisco Examiner.

Archived