Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bacon Thread

ljs

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

why is there no choice for all of the above? I'm not a bacon discriminator. I love all kinds of bacon.

That said, I've never been able to cook bacon myself, so I hardly ever eat it :( maybe that's a good thing though (for my health at least)

cook bacon...let it sit in the grease and burn baby burn.

MM MM MMMM!!!

Plain and crispy. I hate Hate HAte HATe HATE lightly cooked bacon(limp and pretty much raw). That's why I rarely order bacon at a restaurant. Either they give you the raw stuff or its burnt. It's not hard to cook bacon dammit!!!

I am going to share a recipe that is absolutely pure magic folks. Ready?

Get nice quality uncut maple bacon slab.

Cut it into pieces about 2 inches long and 1/4 wide.

Saute it in oil until it starts to crisp

When it gets close to being crispy, add butter and chicken stock.

cook until the stock begins to become thicker

add some light brown sugar and cook until it dissolves and becomes clingy to the bacon.

Let it sit for an hour.

Bang, candied bacon.

Get some rich dark Belgium chocolate and heat with a little cream in the microwave until it's a liquid.

There you go. Want to blow the socks off some guests, Candied Bacon Sticks with Dark Chocolate Dipping Sauce.

Baked bacon? You sir should be shot for even suggesting bacon be cooked any other way than a skillet or deep fryer!!!

No, he's right. I don't eat much bacon, but I have the best recipe. Get some good, thick cut peppered bacon and put it on a baking sheet with some tinfoil. Then, paint the bacon with some really good maple syrup and throw it in there. I forget what temperature I keep it on, but you can eyeball it to see when it's done. The sugar in the syrup caramelizes on top of the bacon, and it is a really good combo of sweet, a little kick from the pepper, and salty from the bacon. If you make people breakfast and make the bacon like that, people will be blown away.

Archived