Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did this teacher cross the line?

Zguy28

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I can watch it fine.

She should be fired right away. About the 2:15 mark she says she doesn't do what she just did to those kids who supported McCain in her class. It's sad but there are many idiot teachers who have no business teaching anyone. Hell, my son's 2 grade teacher is so bad at grammar I wonder how she has a college degree.

Seems to be working for me.

I'm not sure.

Yeah, I can tell who she supports. (Assuming the video wasn't edited. During the video, she mentioned one Talking Point, and it was an Obama Talking Point.)

OTOH, I think that if she'd mentioned a Talking Point from each side, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Yeah, it's a really simplistic way to mention the candidate's positions. But it's a grade school class, too. Of course the material's going to be really condensed.

If she'd spoken that way to an adult, I wouldn't have considered it excessively partisan. Heck, compared to the feces thrown in Tailgate, it's downright neutral.

But I do also recognize that when the "context" is a government-appointed authority figure, standing in a position of authority over a bunch of children, then the effects of a little bit of partisanship can be greatly magnified. Yes, school teachers do have an obligation to self-censor, to avoid using their position as a platform from which to impose beliefs.

I'd say "yes", but it's a weak "yes".

What an impressive woman, to berate a little girl, because her parents are in the military.

Berate? I must have missed that part. I missed the humiliate part the video's title mentions as well. She made some foolish statements is about as far as I'd take it.

Certainly crossed the line, but let's not get carried away here - it's not like she went Hannity or Olbermann on the classroom. Not even close.

The kids are to young. If this was a High School Government class I could see this discussion happening, but not with kids that age.
My son's elementary school had a mock election last Monday. It went 152-30 for Obama.

Disclaimer: I am not saying my kid was influenced by teachers.

Unacceptable. Absolutely unacceptable.

Had she done that to my child, singled her out in the class "she was Obama-indoctrinating" and talk to the girl and telling her "the man she is voting for wants her dad in Iraq 100 more years" in an oppressive manner toward the child...YES, that is classic intimidation. The female teacher didn't really give this little girl a chance to respond where she wasnt under the threat of her teacher'slasor-like stare; It was meant to be a rhetorical question meant to make the girl uncomortable and emabarassed. If I or her father had found out we raised holy hell the school...starting with the prinicple...then on the the board... and there would be heards roling if this was not fixed on the lower levels first.

Archived