Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2008 Redskins FA Thread -Look Here First!!!! (Mergezilla)

TK

someone to compete for the starting lineup

So we should trade draft picks for someone who may or may not start? I see no reason why Doughty shouldnt be the starter next year.

why is everyone ok with keeping everything the way it is.If it wasnt for sean taylor and is very unfortunate death we would not have made the playoffs.Its called inspired football.We need help at safety doughty is not the answer im sorry.He is good but do u trust him for a whole season under a whole new system?Here is how it will shake up

SS(i do like huff if we can get him)

WR(i think either chad or dj hackett)that will be our splash

We need i repeat NEED a Wr with a name tied to it after what happened in philly with asante samuel.DO u know how good they will be now?and the giants interested in hall we will be in trouble.

Do yall actualy trust smoot and maybe springs as our starting corners?i dont im scared.

It may have been inspired football, it also could have been Todd Collins football.

Well we are not going to sign a big time DE or DT and we are not going to get one in the draft. And even if we did it is not like they are going to be a big time sack machine!!!!!! SO what do you do? You get great secondary help that way they can hold that receiver for 2 more seconds more that way they can get to the QB. We are lying to ourselves if we think that Reed Doughty is our savior. I am from Texas and I saw this guy play for all the years that he was here at Texas. This guy can hit and run and we can only give a up a 3rd rounder that would be a steal. Who knows what is going on in Oakland but they just gave a but load of money to a no name or just a middle of the road guy!!!!! Huff is a better than average player and would be a better player than Doughty.

I don't believe the Raiders will let him go for a 2nd rounder. I'd love to see it. We could also just move up a little in the 2nd round and grab DeJuan Morgan from North Carolina State. I saw almost every Wolfpack game, and this kid is a baller. Plays hard no matter what the game looks like.

Al Davis is senile enough that we should be able to use his own Sith-Lord mind-trick against him and get him for less than a third:

"It is all happening according to my grand design. We shall trade Huff to the Rebels for...what did I say again?"

"A 6th rounder my Lord."

"Yes...a 6th rounder. It is just as I have forseen."

Al Davis is senile enough that we should be able to use his own Sith-Lord mind-trick against him and get him for less than a third:

"It is all happening according to my grand design. We shall trade Huff to the Rebels for...what did I say again?"

"A 6th rounder my Lord."

"Yes...a 6th rounder. It is just as I have forseen."

Al%20Davis.jpgpalpatine.jpg

Ever see these guys in the same room together? Hmmm

I wouldn't mind Huff. He is fast and athletic enough to play CB in Nickel packages with Doughty as the SS. I think we should do it if we can get him for a 3rd. That guy has yet to play to his potential and we can still have the an unbelievable pair back there...

On a serious note, why would the Raiders deal him for a 3rd, even a 2nd? Huff was highly rated coming out of Texas just a couple years ago, and seems to have established himself as a promising player at the pro level. If they put him on the market I think his price tag will be a higher than a 3rd. That said, if he could be had for that, I'd take him in a heartbeat.

What's going on board, this is your boy checking in from Iraq. I see the Redskins have not made a big splash in FA. I think is kind of funny that some fans are complaining about them not going out and over spending. Maybe the Redskins have learned from previous of years and are going to be selective if any. If they would have Redskins one in the air at 12:01 people would have said here we go again, lets just be patient. Some people say the reason is becaue of CAP room, and we all know synder knows how to get rid of that issue or should I say work the system, so we could be major palyers in FA if we want but maybe they don't. To help any coach out we need to start saving Draft Picks and money.

Trust me I believe the Redskins have something brewing, but I don't think we are going to break the bank on one or two specific players. Don't forget we were a playoff team last year, with injury's. Get a few vet players at a good price to fill some holes we have, then get some youth on the team for the future. We have tried the big name thing, but every year somebody under the rador on the team shows up, it is time to start looking within to see what we got.

Everybody is talking about Big and Tall reciever's, we don't even know if we have a gem in Mix, this could be the diamond in the rough and we didn't have to break the bank to get him. Let's give him a chance. We have some young talent on our roster, we just need a coach to give them a fair shake. This is new blood on the coaching staff and old so maybe things will change. We all know Coach Gibbs who I love to death was an old school coach that liked vet's and experince. It is 2008, youth and speed is where it is at, Now a days kids are coming in with pure talent they just need to get on the field and be coached. Well take it easy and I look forward to a good off-season and better pre-seaon. Leading into a new beginning:cheers:

Full Name: Dewayne Robertson

Born: October 16, 1981

Memphis, TN

Height: 6-1

Weight: 317 lbs. Age: 26

Pos: DT

Experience: 5 years

College: Kentucky

Drafted: Year:2003 Round:1 Pick:4, Jets

2007 Scouting Report - Scouts Inc.

Grade: 68 | Key

Alert: None

Comment: Robertson is a short, low, center of gravity type player with good athleticism and instincts. He plays the nose tackle position in the newly installed Eric Mangini defense and does not have the ideal size to hold the point. He is tough and competitive but is not the space eater that normally plays this position in the 3-4 defensive scheme. He feels pad pressure well and can find the level of the ball effectively. Robertson can hold the point versus single blocks but is not great to anchor versus the double team. Robertson is best when on the move using his quickness and agility. He is most effective to stunt and penetrate gaps as he does not play stout and can get driven out of lanes. He has decent hand use to leverage blockers but is inconsistent to disengage effectively. Robertson does not get much push as an interior bull rusher and needs to pressure the quarterback with quickness and effort. Robertson marks up solid numbers every season and has been a durable player with 61 starts in four seasons. He plays with a great motor and has some tools as a defensive lineman but may not fit the pure nose tackle stature in the 3-4 defensive scheme.

Let's see if we can give up a 3rd round pick for this guy. He is suited for a 4-3 DF rather than a 3-4. He's only 26yrs of age and he is very durable. We can then focus our attention on the OL and WR in the 1st and 2nd rounds of the draft.

I disagree with going after this guy because of this part of the article:

Robertson can hold the point versus single blocks but is not great to anchor versus the double team. Robertson is best when on the move using his quickness and agility. He is most effective to stunt and penetrate gaps as he does not play stout and can get driven out of lanes. He has decent hand use to leverage blockers but is inconsistent to disengage effectively. Robertson does not get much push as an interior bull rusher and needs to pressure the quarterback with quickness and effort.

We need some space eaters that take up the double team so we can free up our DE's. That is why we need to get a guy like Stroud from Jacksonville to put in their with Griffin and Montgomery. Robertson would be a great addition also for depth but not the answer we seek.

Im beginning to think the Redskins are going to make a play for someone...

With the Moss restructure and the Collins signing, supposedly that leaves the team at 4.1 mill, with the Portis restructure going to put the cap number at 8 mill. We save 2.4 mill on Lloyd when June rolls around, and that will cover all but 1.5 mill of our probable rookie pool. That leavs us with 6.5 mill in space. Id assume we leave 2 of that for any signings we may need. That leaves us 4 mill to sign people with. This is all not even considering someone like Griffen(who can save us a lot) restructures, or Daniels gets cut. So this team must have their eye on someone to designate that Lloyd cut a June 1st. If they werent going to go after anyone they could have easily made it a normal cut and bitten the bullet this year.

Archived