Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2008 Redskins FA Thread -Look Here First!!!! (Mergezilla)

TK

We need to play FA cool, I really hope that is the approach we are going to take for once.

Yes, I would like that too. I still would like to see one or two signings of decent players. I'd be content with Drayton Florence signing here and maybe a decent linebacker. I want to see our draft really active though. Take a Defensive End or Linebacker in the first round and a WR in the 2nd or 3rd, and I'm honestly pleased with the results. We don't need huge name players to come here every year. I think that's what kills us, when we keep shuffling our team around. No one gets a chance to build chemistry it seems like because we always have new guys coming in and older skins going out. :2cents:

It would be nice to have him, but his pricetag is so high.

I've seen that guy pancake the dlineman right infront of him and then come flying out of no where to make a downfield block that gave the runner an extra 5 to 10 yards.

Faneca is quick and agile, plus strong.

edit:

And not to mention he has never had any major injuries, plus a 7 time pro-bowler and another big thing for me, which has nothing to do with a guy's ability to play football...but he doesn't have any stupid tribal tattoos or barbwire that alot of Olineman guys do...that's a plus for me.

He seems like a stand-up person too.

Was wondering what anyone thought of maybe going after Faneca for a Guard, a position we need. I Know he's kind of getting up there in age, but he's is still a good up front.

Well, I'll just answer the question without paying attention to age or how much he would cost. I think it's a great idea. He's an elite level guard, and he's still got a few good seasons in him. He'd be an upgrade over Kendall, who could be used for depth/rest his knees and to fill in if Thomas gets hurt again.

Now then, it will never happen, because we can't afford him and as other posters have said, he's getting a little older and we need more youth on the line.

However, when you simply ask good or bad idea, well I think it's fantastic.

I mean I know that we won't land Faneca. And I'm not trying to sell him to anyone.

_

But for all the "too old" verbiage. Faneca is the same age as Jansen and Thomas. The big difference is that Faneca plays all the time and hasn't become injured. Or repeatedly injured.

Kendall is too old. Have you ever seen Kendall get to the second level? Kendall's knees are suspect.

And Samuels is a year younger. I mean our oline is just as old as Faneca.

_

Just saying.

_

I do agree that this draft is the right time to draft young Oline. But I don't think anyone we draft, even an OG at #21 could come in and be as good as Faneca.

I think Faneca is crazy athletic.

He's going to get huge money from the Jets, who have a serious need for O-lineman and the cash to spend.

Again, we are "stuck" drafting our own O-line and D-line talent this year.

I agree with everything that you said here.

Question though; I am curious as to what you mean when you say "again"? Did you post this before?

how many ways can i say this?

1. Uh, No.
  2. Nada
  3. Never
  4. No Way
  5. Nil
  6. Cero
  7. Not going to happen

now the reasons as to why.

1. He's too old
  2. He was disgruntled as a steeler
  3. He wants Steve Hutchinson/Dockery type money
  4. He was part of a Pittsburgh O-Line that gave up 47 Sacks in 2007
  5. He just wants a new pay day
  6. He's not worth it
  7. We need young O-Lineman, not retreads

There, that should fix it.

ok lets be real here!! our salary cap is the worst in the NFL and do you really think that the bengirls are going to trade chad and take a cap hit like they would take NO WAY!!! but the good thing is that we got collins back:dallasuck

Not true. For one I can tell you that the Colts have less cap space than we do. Its not how much space you have, its what you do with it. You also must realize we could save more space by cutting people, but we have only cut one player. Obviously we want to retain much of the same roster we had.

Huge money for a 31, 32-year old. I say Nah.

The New York Jets and guard Alan Fanecahave agreed in principle to a four-year, $32 million deal that includes roughly $23 million in guarantees, ESPN's Michael Smith reports. Faneca is expected to travel to New York this weekend when the deal will be finalized. The Jets are planning on playing Faneca at left guard.

WOW 23 million in guarantees. That is alot of $$$$ Glad we didn't over pay this.

This is the smartest decision I have seen the Redskins make in a long time. They are actually keeping someone who is good. Some people think I am crazy but I think they should put Collins at first string and sit Campbell back down at second string. You see, it all comes down to starting the season good. I was surprised that the Redskins went 2 wins before loosing, during last seaoson. I also would like to see them due the same for this comming season.

If Collins starts the season off, we are sure to win a few games before taking a loss. Those wins would get the team confident about this new West Coast Offence. I feel that if Campbell starts it off, there will be many mistakes during the first few games and the team wont be all that certain about executing this WCO. We know how the Redskins are. Its almost like they need to be one-hundred percent cofident to pull off a win. Campbell will make mistakes.

(Word from a logic person)

This is the smartest decision I have seen the Redskins make in a long time. They are actually keeping someone who is good. Some people think I am crazy but I think they should put Collins at first string and sit Campbell back down at second string. You see, it all comes down to starting the season good. I was surprised that the Redskins went 2 wins before loosing, during last seaoson. I also would like to see them due the same for this comming season.

If Collins starts the season off, we are sure to win a few games before taking a loss. Those wins would get the team confident about this new West Coast Offence. I feel that if Campbell starts it off, there will be many mistakes during the first few games and the team wont be all that certain about executing this WCO. We know how the Redskins are. Its almost like they need to be one-hundred percent cofident to pull off a win. Campbell will make mistakes.

(Word from a logic person)

I would have to disagree there. Its not how you start, its how you finish. There was no better example of that last year than the Giants. The were really bad to start out the year, but they finished really strong. The Cowboys started out really strong, then crashed and burned at the end. If you start well, you may make the playoffs. If you finish well, you may make the superbowl.

Otherwise, its important to remember that the NFL isnt going to fold in 2009. I say this because of all of the people that do want Collins to start. I do think Collins is a better starter right now than JC. However, one to two years from now that wont be the case(unless JC doesnt ever get to start). Are we thinking only about next year, or long term? Hasnt our short sighted FO been the problem all along anyway?

Archived