Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2008 Redskins FA Thread -Look Here First!!!! (Mergezilla)

TK

It's a little funny how we all don't really know how to act... since it's the start of free agency and we're still in, um, speculation mode, instead of making a new thread bashing/loving/accepting the new free agent/vinny/zorn mode.

Well we are not going to sign a big time DE or DT and we are not going to get one in the draft. And even if we did it is not like they are going to be a big time sack machine!!!!!! SO what do you do? You get great secondary help that way they can hold that receiver for 2 more seconds more that way they can get to the QB. We are lying to ourselves if we think that Reed Doughty is our savior. I am from Texas and I saw this guy play for all the years that he was here at Texas. This guy can hit and run and we can only give a up a 3rd rounder that would be a steal. Who knows what is going on in Oakland but they just gave a but load of money to a no name or just a middle of the road guy!!!!! Huff is a better than average player and would be a better player than Doughty.

Plus, his name is HUFF!!

j/k

VM+I only, Gold is terrible.

He was cut for a reason.

What makes him so bad? I remember playing the Broncos in '05 and he was pretty active then. Has he fallen off the cliff in the last two years? I thought he was still pretty solid, and he might not be a bad backup to Marcus Washington if Godfrey winds up signing somewhere else. He could fill the same role.

Great question WD. Maybe he has something in common with your name?

Seriously, I've always made the argument to try to keep him. He's a good returner and ST guy and a fine 3rd RB if we get an injury. I don't think at this point in his career he's going to draw anything more than a b/u role on a medicore team regardless of his heart and solid ability.

But maybe Zorn is wondering if we need a 3rd back that isn't a better blocker and receiver and a younger project.

Anybody hear anything about Rock?

I'm wondering the same thing man.

I've been 100% sold on Rock as our return man ever since his TD return against the Boys a couple of seasons ago

I guess thats because as i was watching that game with my brother (a huge boys fan) i was actually poking fun at Gibbs for having a return man named Rock but as it turned out he ended up being our only offense that night :doh:

Rock is a great returner we need the guy. That return against the Lions was awesome.

Totally agree, but I think he wants to start somewhere, I think I heard that on the board some time ago. So, we might want to keep him for his returning, but he might not wanna stay. I don't think a team will overpay for him, but they might guarentee him competition for the starting job, or split carries, and use him as a returner too. Our backfield is packed...

Ok now that Benard Berrian has signed with the Vikings everyone is going to turn their attention to D.J. Hackett and Javon Walker. So we really need to stop sitting back. We did really good sitting back on the first couple days but now it's time to get moving before we don't get a big wide reciever at all. Lets get moving.

Archived