Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2008 Redskins FA Thread -Look Here First!!!! (Mergezilla)

TK

For those of you waiting for the traditional Redskins splash signing, don't get your hopes up. I stopped by Redskins Park this evening and it was a ghost town. While nothing is ruled out, I was told the team "might sit this one out."

I heard Executive VP Vinny Cerrato had already left for the evening.

Overall it's a GREAT sign that we're not making any headlines right now. Let the frenzy die down, and then make some low-key moves. Then there's also the 2nd wave of cuts, which may land us someone big, without having to pay the "first day of FA premium."

I still would've pulled the trigger on Corey Williams for our 2nd, but otherwise, I don't see anybody worth blowing our wad on.

The Raiders just signed G. Wilson and word is michael huff is on the trading block. Are any of you interested in the skins trying to trade for him? I know I am he's only 24 and he can play strong safety while laron plays free safety. We would have to give up a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Probably a second though. What do yall think?

The Raiders just signed G. Wilson and word is michael huff is on the trading block. Are any of you interested in the skins trying to trade for him? I know I am he's only 24 and he can play strong safety while laron plays free safety. I would give up a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Probably a second though. What do yall think?

He would have to restructure his contract dont see him coming to the Skins with our limited cap space.

He would have to restructure his contract dont see him coming to the Skins with our limited cap space.

Why would he have to restructure? He's on his rookie deal and the Raiders are responsible for all the Guarantee's/Bonuses.... all we have to do is pay base salary, which is probably less than $1.5 mil for the next 3 years.

I like Huff...but the Raiders would be asking for a couple of draft picks for the guy. I'm sick of the Skins trading picks away. Give Reed some time. i think with some on-field experience, he might turn out to be pretty damn good for a 6th-rounder. Antoine Bethea from the Colts was a 6th-rounder, got the shot after a couple of injuries...and then became a beast.

Huff would cost a few picks. He's a good SS, but has had plenty of CB experience from when he attended Texas. I think he would be an asset to our secondary, he could be like Prioleau, but actually good lol.

If the Raiders aren't asking for much, I'd say do it. I would pull the trigger for a 3rd.

The Raiders say that he has not reached his potential. But they play a different type of defense than we do. With his speed (he is 4.3-4.4) he presents the same type of coverage dilemma posed when Sean was back there with LaRon. HE IS NOT SEAN TAYLOR. However, with his speed, he will be able to keep the play in front of him, cover a lot of ground and possibly combine to have the fastest safety duo in the league. Further, coming out of college he was projected as either a safety or corner. This may be a depth move for us, as well. Then we would have a defensive backfield that could cover from the cornerbacks to the safety positions. I say wait until they cut him and then sign him. We need speed at safety. I am not impressed with what I saw of Pierson Prioleau last season. Keep Reed Doughty because at least we know that in a pinch he can step in and be effective. He just does not have Michael Huff speed.

if we can get the dude for 5th+ (which i doubt) hes definitely worth a spot in the rotation.

just makes no sense for the raiders to trade a dude whos barely gotten a shot, especially for a late pick. im sure they have the same mindframe...give him another year at least, work him in the rotation and see how he progresses. why not?

If we got him with a 5th or lower, I think thats a great idea. Simply because, if we drafted a SS at that spot anyways, which ones availible would have been top 10 athletes? None, considering those kinds of players don't drop all the way down to the 5th round.

like doughty better right now and Landry is a true SS

Landry played at SS at LSU...

But if you look at the style Landry played last year with the , I think he's got all the physical and mental tools, along with the play style, to remain at free safety. He's got that speed you're looking for at 4.35 or so, and he's a ball hawk. Example: the game against Seattle. Anytime Matt Hasselbeck tried to throw deep, Landry was playing center field and on the ball before the receivers were. He can play sideline to sideline, and he can hit sideline to sideline, like that one game where he came from center field and CRUSHED Plaxico Burress...and in case you guys don't know, at 6'5.5" or so and 230, Plax isn't what you'd call 'undersized.'

Doughty, on the other hand, I think was more suited to play SS. His coverage skills aren't bad, but he seems to thrive where he can come up on the ball carrier and such.

But, whatever side Landry plays next year...I hope Blache dials up a healthy amount of safety blitzes with his name on them.

Let's see...who's still having nightmares about getting whacked by LaRon Landry...?

Kerry Collins...

Kellen Clemens...

Brodie Croyle from KC (and that was two years ago when they were both still in college)

John Parker Wilson (Alabama QB, Brodie Croyle's successor...same results.)

Best description of a hit: "That's just evil, there."

Go see how hard LaRon can knock the crap out of a QB when his number gets called. Then be afraid. Be very afraid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R211e6JdVew

collins is a great re-signing...the idea that he can only be well with an al saunder's offense is silly... he's smart and used to being a backup... he's proven he can step up when he gets the opportunity... he's got a great personality and the players like him... what more do you want?

The Raiders just signed G. Wilson and word is michael huff is on the trading block. Are any of you interested in the skins trying to trade for him? I know I am he's only 24 and he can play strong safety while laron plays free safety. We would have to give up a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Probably a second though. What do yall think?

Huff has started all 32 games so far in his career. He has played very good. I think a second round pick for a 7th overall pick is a steal.

I like Huff a lot. I wouldn't want to give up anything more than a 3rd because we have other priorities right now (and I would be surprised if a former 7th overall, only 2 years ago could be gotten for that price.) Don't think its going to happen. I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Skins uniform, but not when our S spot isn't in dire need of fixing.

why is everyone ok with keeping everything the way it is.If it wasnt for sean taylor and is very unfortunate death we would not have made the playoffs.Its called inspired football.We need help at safety doughty is not the answer im sorry.He is good but do u trust him for a whole season under a whole new system?Here is how it will shake up

SS(i do like huff if we can get him)

WR(i think either chad or dj hackett)that will be our splash

We need i repeat NEED a Wr with a name tied to it after what happened in philly with asante samuel.DO u know how good they will be now?and the giants interested in hall we will be in trouble.

Do yall actualy trust smoot and maybe springs as our starting corners?i dont im scared.

Archived