Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: Zorn and Blache named coordinators

Art

Whats your reaction to our new Defensive Cordinator? Is this a good or bad promotion? Is he the right man for the job? Will the defense get better or worse next season? What is your take on it? I love this and think its a great move but I honestly dont know much about him so I'd like to know what you think.

My reaction? How about comments being made in the current thread about just that.

Now BLACHE?

You've got to be kidding me. This has to be some elaborate joke. Did Jerry Jones pay Snyder to ruin this team? This is beyond pathetic.

Blache is not a good option as DC. We go from one of the top DCs in the league to a guy who was fired from his last job for poor performance and had to come be a line coach. He's been a spare coach his entire career, and NO TEAM was requesting his services.

So we have a giant, unproven question mark at offensive coordinator after firing one who is considered one of the best in the league and a guru. We have a career long spare at DC after firing one who is considered one of the best in the league. And we have no head coach. But apparently that doesn't really matter because our idiot front office is going to make every decision, so really the only thing our head coach will ever have to decide is whether to throw a challenge flag in a game.

This couldn't be a worse off-season for this team. To top it off, we are in a horrible cap situation with an aging (and now apparently pissed off) roster.

If this wasn't so damn depressing, this would be funny.

Cowher, J Johnson are two coaches off the top of my head that had coordinators on both sides of the ball run things. They just managed the game etc.

They are going to drag this out as long as it takes for them to slip the puppet...I mean Fossil...into place with as little uproar as possible.

Bingo. Spags and McDaniels make no sense now that our assistants in place. But Danny and Vinny will have them in for a couple charade interviews so they can try to spin to the fanbase that Fassel was just the best candidate.

Then again, it could be Schwartz. That's who I am hoping for now.

He, like Fassel, just needs to remember a couple important phrases.

"You're right, Mr. Snyder."

"Vinny, that's a great idea!"

"No way. The fans don't hate you, Mr. Snyder. Why would you think that?"

"We're simpatico, Vinny. I don't believe in drafting defensive linemen either!"

"Oh please! I would love your input on play-calling!"

Zorn wil call the plays, Blache will run the defense. Fassel can just stand there & look stupid.

Kinda like when Barry Switzer was hired to coach the Cowboys back in the '90s. Troy Aikman said it best when he commented, "I don't what exactly he does as head coach."

Interesting move on Snyder's part, getting rid of GW but promoting Blache to have a little stability on the defensive. I guess the interesting thing is that Blache agreed to be the defensive coordinator even though GW got crapped on. Wonder if this means they'll keep Olividotti and Gray. You have to think this means Fassel will be the guy, I don't know who else would come in without having any say in their cooridinators. It'll be interesting to see if Buges stays.

Although I'm blown Williams is gone, I'm happy to hear we retained Blache and handed the defense over to him. I've always been a fan of his coaching style. Now hopefully we can address our pass rush problem this offseason and give him another true pass rusher to team up with Carter.

They have to know who the new head coach is going to be.

If they didnt the HC they hire can use the first several years of bad seasons as it being his staff that he didnt hire. The staff being the excuse. If he had his people in here it would be better. So either they know it and have not told us yet or we are heading down a road of many bad seasons and excuses.......

I'd be more pleased if Gregg was HC and Blache was DC instead of [insert whoever] as HC.

I think we all would, but what can you do.

I'm OK with any hiring of a young, first time head coach instead of Gregg Williams.

I'm not OK with a retread like Fassel over Williams (although I'm such an idiot homer, I'll find a way to spin it.....)

I'm nervous. It has been said that his defense in Chicago was vanilla and he isnt a fan of the blitz at all. I guess with the right personnel, it can work. I'm hoping that I am wrong. I would imagine he knows how to blitz after working with Gregg so hopefully he adds this to his arsenal.

Very Vanilla with not alot of man coverage. My cousin is huge bears fan and hated him with a passion because of it.

Jerry Gray is the best canidate he runs the same defense and led the Bills to very high rankings. Even after GW left.

Stop running down Blache.

The defensive line, given the lack of picks and concentration on this unit, was clearly the unit in 2007 that overacheived :)

Montgomery and Golston have developed well under Blache's tutelage. Andre Carter had a 10.5 sack season after some fans in the offseason were ready to call him a bust.

Blache may have been fired in Chicago but it was only AFTER his units had helped the Bears get to 13-3. Chicago unfortunately never acquired a capable quarterback, running back or receiving corps to match the defense. That's on the GM :)

The one caveat I have on Blache is that he talked during the season about perhaps retiring and not coming back in 2008. Now, he is not only coming back but adding on a significant amount of responsibility.

I want to see Greg address the media and see what he has to say about the job and his feelings about coming back to the new role in 2008 before I make any judgments.

Yes, good to hear from the Redskins.

I was beginning to think Snyder was pulling a Howard Hughes :laugh:

Finally, something.

Figured Blache for DC, but thought it would be with Williams as HC.

Was hoping to keep the same offense for Jason, but that ain't happening.

Zorn, who the hell knows? For now, he ain't done nothing for the Redskins.

However, I have every hope that he will succeed.

Puppet, I mean, Head Coach? Doesn't matter? I'm in the tank for the guy.

Even if it's...

Archived