Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: Zorn and Blache named coordinators

Art

No one was high on Blache and no one says diddly about him. But now we have people who are trying to spin this into a good thing. Please. At some point our fanbase has to say, "Quit crapping on us Snyder."
There are a huge number of members trashing Snyder, the FO, and will trash this choice, all of which is perfectly valid, yet the fact that there are some who don't is what you choose to focus on and rail about. Enjoy :)

When that special day arrives when everyone has the same opinion on something, and it's like yours, it will be so grand! :laugh:

Gibbs and Williams didn't draft any DL high either :)

This has been an organizational problem since the early 1990's.

Kenard Lang in 1997 was a bust as a #1 pick at DE. Stubblefield was a bust as a $36M free agent. Wilkinson was not worth #1 and #3 draft choices.

And it goes on and on.

:dallasuck

They have to have a HC picked out already and are just waiting. The HC told them who they wanted and there they are. Hired already so no one else gets them. It's gonna be big too. The don't want to reign on the super bowl so let's wait. I agree on that end. No way is it Fassell. Snyder's a tool but not that bad. I'm thinking Cowher or Carroll.

I'm not dumping all the "blame" them, there were injuries and a crippling tragedy, I'm just saying since I am going to watch the team anyway, and suffered a lot under the highest paid superhero coaching staff "evah" the idea of exploring new territory doesnt freak me out.

I totally agree with this statement. I wish we kept GW and Al but SOMETIMES change can be good.

Zorn/Blache and Meeks sound like something I could handle.

Souds JV to me. And Blache is the only one who will have held the same title/responsibility before. Not that I'm looking for a big name, but that trio just sounds somewhat inexperienced. But I guess beggers can't be choosers, maybe they'd surprise us.

You type a lot. I can't be expected to keep up with all of it :)

The reason you should give a rat's ass is because how the organization is perceived (by fans, the media, and the rest of the NFL) matters, and can actually impact the quality of players and coaching staff we can attract here. Thats why I care, beyond getting tired of having the franchise I love being the continual laughing stock of the NFL. I think conducting your organization in ways deemed professional matters. Thats a core Joe Gibbs philosophy, doing the right thing even when you don't have to. I'll mention something else - you treat coaches the way they treated GW (and again, I'm no GW lover, he wasn't one of my top 3 choices for the job), you'll treat players the same way. And that directly impacts this team.

I won't say 'bravo'. I boo the front office's handling of things the past 3 weeks. Loudly. Terribly managed. That being said, good luck to Blache. He's going to need it.

I think winning changes all perspectives. I mean, Gibbs came back and EVERYONE PRAISED THE DAN for that hire. And hmmmmm, it didn't pan out did it? OH don't get me wrong...I love Joe Gibbs.....and would not have wanted anyone else.......but....it didn't end like we had thought it would.

Again, I don't condemn what I have not yet seen. I am going to see if those 2 along with the new head coach can make a winning franschise out of this team.

Then all the bumbling wont matter.

Nor will it be remembered.

Although I'm blown Williams is gone, I'm happy to hear we retained Blache and handed the defense over to him. I've always been a fan of his coaching style. Now hopefully we can address our pass rush problem this offseason and give him another true pass rusher to team up with Carter.
Please tell me what you know about his coaching style. I only know he was GW's asst.:2cents:

Guest NebraSKIN

We are so screwed. We are going to suck.

I am now starting to understand why we have such a bad reputation in the media.

It's Danny Girl.

Thanks, Danny, for taking something that I love and ruining it. You have taken something that was, and could have continued to be a positive, and made it a huge negative.

Ok, Nice to Meet you New Expansion Owner of the NFL's newest franchise the Springfield Atoms.

As a New Owner, you have two options before you to run your team.

Option A:

OC - Al Saunders

DC - Gregg Williams

Option B:

OC - Jim Zorn

DC - Greg Blache

Which do you choose to run your team?

On one of these posts/links, I read that Joe Gibbs would be meeting with the coaches individually next week about the coaching situation. At this rate, no one will be left to meet with. Guess Danny Boy just saved the fuel cost on a trip to/from Carolina.

:dallasuck

They have to have a HC picked out already and are just waiting. The HC told them who they wanted and there they are. Hired already so no one else gets them. It's gonna be big too. The don't want to reign on the super bowl so let's wait. I agree on that end. No way is it Fassell. Snyder's a tool but not that bad. I'm thinking Cowher or Carroll.

If youre name was Andyman, I'd jump out of my chair right now. Still holding out hope, but I can't think of why Cowher or Carroll would want to come into this situation.

I think winning changes all perspectives. I mean, Gibbs came back and EVERYONE PRAISED THE DAN for that hire. And hmmmmm, it didn't pan out did it? OH don't get me wrong...I love Joe Gibbs.....and would not have wanted anyone else.......but....it didn't end like we had thought it would.

Again, I don't condemn what I have not yet seen. I am going to see if those 2 along with the new head coach can make a winning franschise out of this team.

Then all the bumbling wont matter.

Nor will it be remembered.

I don't know B., I've been one of the bigger apologists for Snyder up till this debacle. I'm starting to believe theres something rotten in the state of Denmark. And I hear a lot of the same sentiment from others.

I've never felt this way previously, but I wish Snyder wasn't our team owner. I think he's hurt his reputation, even amongst us homers, irreparably over the past 2 weeks.

I think you may just be unusually generous of spirit. But hey, I dig that about you :cheers:

pft

POSTED 1:58 p.m. EST, January 26, 2008

WILLIAMS DONE WITH REDSKINS by Michael David Smith

Washington Redskins assistant head coach Gregg Williams, the highly paid, well regarded assistant who at one point was thought to be the heir apparent to Joe Gibbs, is no longer a part of the organization, his agent said today.

Agent Marvin Demoff told Jason La Canfora of the Washington Post that the sides mutually agreed to part ways. Demoff also says everyone involved, including owner Dan Snyder and Vice President of Football Operations Vinny Cerrato agreed that Williams had not, contrary to some reports, said anything negative about Gibbs.

"Both Snyder and Cerrato agreed that that had never occurred and those reports were totally false," Demoff said. "They wished each other well in the future and the sides parted."

Although the parting might have been mutual and on good terms, obviously, Williams can't be pleased. He likely thought he was next in line when Gibbs left, and now he's looking for a job, a job that will almost certainly pay less than the one he's had in Washington for the last four years.

The Redskins have already moved on, announcing that Greg Blache will run the team's defense. Blache already had the title of defensive coordinator, but he was below Williams on the organizational flow chart. The appointment of Blache today and Zorn yesterday means that whoever becomes the next head coach of the Redskins, he'll already have his offensive and defensive coordinators in place.

Archived