Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: Zorn and Blache named coordinators

Art

Ok, Nice to Meet you New Expansion Owner of the NFL's newest franchise the Springfield Atoms.

As a New Owner, you have two options before you to run your team.

Option A:

OC - Al Saunders

DC - Gregg Williams

Option B:

OC - Jim Zorn

DC - Greg Blache

Which do you choose to run your team?

I don't care, but can I change the name of the team to "The Jumbos"?

Both are available right now, why wait until after the Super Bowl to announce the decision?

Because they are either torn between the two and/or because Danny wants to hold a charade interview with Spagnola so he can tell the fans he interviewed as many folks as possible and Fassel was the best possible candidate.

:2cents:

Well hopefully Blache sticking around will appease some of the defensive players who will clearly be pissed about G Dubbs leaving. And like Art said, I hope this points to Meeks and not Fassell- or even to Schwartz. Does Zorn have the chops to run the offensive by himself? And has he ever worked with Fassel?

I'm a realist Redskin fan. Snyder has been a black cloud over the DC area since he arrived. He comes across as a greedy, selfish mogul who picks and chooses the most "politically correct" times to shine a positive light on himself. He needs to learn from Abe Pollin. Stay out of every day team operations, become a fixture in your community and engage the fanbase that you attack the wallets of. Dont hide like a sissy. Come out and tell us the direction of our franchise time to time. Treat your own with respect. With at being said, I do think the Blache move was to save face with players and fans, but I will support Greg hard core. I still am growing increasingly frustrated with Snyder.

A frustrated Skins fan

we will probably end with that bum Fassell. Im really worried about what we have here.

Fassel has a better record as a head coach then GW did and has brought a team to the superbowl. I don't see the problem with Fassel? I loved GW too and would have loved to see him as the head coach but its not the end of the world he's gone.

I Think its Cowher

I hpe you are right but I think there is very little chance of it. If it was Cowher he would absolutley want to pick his own staff and would want final say on free agents/draft etc which has just been given to Vinny (God help us).

I suppose it is just possible Cowher has said yes and is telling Snyder and co who he wants as OC/DC but thats getting into grassy knoll conspiracy theory.

At this point I want Russ Grimm but I think we are heading back to Fassel.

you got to be kidding me, Give the jobs to a offensive coordinator that has never called a play in his life, and a student of the master of the defense, why not hire the master? Snyder just blew up everything joe gibbs created, stability, consistency, etc. every player and fan wanted williams as coach. All I can say is if they lose this year and next, alot of fans are not going to forgive snyder and he will become the laughing stock of the league for firing saunders and williams, the 2 best coordinators in the league, and hiring a failure for head coach, new york hated fassel, why will dc like him so much? Everything about stability and keeping the thing going that gibbs created was a complete lie, I hope most of the good players on defense ask for trades, snyder really screwed up again.

I like both moves....the offense has had four sputtering years...time to move in another direction. The defense should be at least as good as it hs been.

Well....only 2 with Saunders at the helm. It is amazing to me that people were calling for saunders head last year. IT WAS HIS AND THE PLAYERS FIRST YEAR TOGETHER. I guess it should be assumed that a 700 page playbook should be executed flawlessly each and every game the first year it is instituted.

Because they are either torn between the two and/or because Danny wants to hold a charade interview with Spagnola so he can tell the fans he interviewed as many folks as possible and Fassel was the best possible candidate.

:2cents:

Okay I understand. I thought you were saying that they were not even going to talk to Spags and are just waiting to announce who've they already settled on.

Ok, Nice to Meet you New Expansion Owner of the NFL's newest franchise the Springfield Atoms.

As a New Owner, you have two options before you to run your team.

Option A:

OC - Al Saunders

DC - Gregg Williams

Option B:

OC - Jim Zorn

DC - Greg Blache

Which do you choose to run your team?

i would want zorn and gregg but that wont happen :(

Notice though, they apparently didn't need to interview HIM 3 times and conduct a 3 week national search. Wonder why? Maybe because you wouldn't reasonably need to do that for any coach you'd had on staff for 4 years, because you'd already have known what that person was all about and capable of achieving?

Makes you wonder what the hell they were doing interviewing Williams 3 times over that many hours though.

Maybe they wanted to tell him to go, but didn't have the balls, then just left him hanging hoping he'd just go away. WTF?

Yeah, were pretty much screwed.

Not only can Snyder not do the job required, but his longtime sidekick with the new job title can't do it either.

Back to being an NFL team run like a corporation while still having to find a way to attract the very few available coaches and players every season.

I'm sure that the coaches and players will all come running here and will "fight their guts out" for these guys. It's just a regular love fest with Snyder/Cerrato. :doh:

I'm a realist Redskin fan. Snyder has been a black cloud over the DC area since he arrived. He comes across as a greedy, selfish mogul who picks and chooses the most "politically correct" times to shine a positive light on himself. He needs to learn from Abe Pollin. Stay out of every day team operations, become a fixture in your community and engage the fanbase that you attack the wallets of. Dont hide like a sissy. Come out and tell us the direction of our franchise time to time. Treat your own with respect. With at being said, I do think the Blache move was to save face with players and fans, but I will support Greg hard core. I still am growing increasingly frustrated with Snyder.

A frustrated Skins fan

We are kindred spirits. Amen brother.

i would want zorn and gregg

Are you honestly telling me that you would want an unproven guy who has never been an OC and wasn't a hot commodity in the league (Zorn; we were the only team going after him) over a guy who is widely considered one of the top OCs of the last decade (Saunders)? By the way, notice how within a day of him being fired, Saunders already has teams trying to get him? The same teams who weren't trying at all to get Zorn?

Well...after this Im no longer a Snyder backer. I thought maybe he had learned something from Gibbs and his previous experiences.

What rubs me wrong the most is the smear on GW. Not nessesary.

This organization, if you can call it that, is horrible. I just cant defend it anymore. I cant honestly say that Snyder truly wants to win, Im not sure thats the truth anymore.

Im just stunned. I really cant come up with words to say how pathetic I think this whole situation is right now.

How can you not have your HC pick his assistants? And even if the HC is already known, then just wait. Perception is the reality in this situation. Its just stupid.

No GM, no Interview of Russ Grimm, the entire process is screwed.

I really just dont know what to say.:( :logo:

Wow, I find it more and more difficult to be a skins fan. My guess is that there will be a lot of disention on the team once again, due to GW being ousted. From all I had heard, he was supposed to be Gibbs replacement when that day came. Now, once again, we are going in a totally different direction, rebuilding after a playoff appearance. Nice going Danny and Vinny. I don't understand. Snyders' formula, go to playoffs, change everything up. NICE CONTINUITY! what a joke, Im sure ill get the call....two new season tickets are availble for you in the just added, parking lot section for only 3000 per season....come watch our crappy deconstructed, no heart skins...whoo hoooooooo. This blows.

... but I wish Snyder wasn't our team owner. I think he's hurt his reputation, even amongst us homers, irreparably over the past 2 weeks.

Agreed. We are not a professional appearing organization right now. I believe that everything comes down from the top and in the Redskins organization the top is Dan Snyder therefore if the team does not appear professional right now it is Dan's fault.

Oh, how I miss The Squire.

Its called damage control. Blache is okay - who really knows on that front - but I see this as a bone thrown to the fans in the name of 'continuity', not necessarily finding the best DC available. Then again, at this point, I'll confess to being pretty cynical.

I've spent many hours at camp just observing Blache and the d-line. I think he is a very good coach, has the pedigree to prove it, and will make an excellent coordniator.

Congrats Coach Blache.

Archived