Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: Zorn and Blache named coordinators

Art

nope.. if it were, he would have been named by now

it will be spagnuolo, meeks, mcdaniel or ryan

these moves were approved by back channel negotiations, i would bet on it

I agree. If fassel was in, he would be in already.

My guess is that Spagnulo is the guy Snyder wants.

Meeks or Ryan could be hired today, meaning they're clearly #'s 2 & 3

In this release is the answer to all. Just don't know for sure what.

The staff is being filled out through the head coach interview process. Blache is named. Who's Blache worked for/with/around?

Blache began his professional career as defensive line coach for the Indianapolis Colts for five seasons, and held the same position with the Green Bay Packers for six years after breaking into the League in 1988. He began his coaching career as a defensive assistant at his alma mater Notre Dame in 1968 after suffering a leg injury that ended his playing career. Following his graduation in 1971, he stayed on as a graduate assistant and then as an assistant coach for four seasons. In 1976 he joined Tulane’s staff where in various seasons he coached the offensive line, outside linebackers, and defensive backs. He returned to Notre Dame in 1981 to coach the running backs, followed by the defensive line and linebackers. He was defensive line coach for the USFL’s Jacksonville Bulls for 1984-85, before returning to college to coach at Southern University and Kansas for one season each.

My money, therefore, is on Meeks at the moment for no real reason other than Indianapolis and we interviewed Meeks.

They are going to drag this out as long as it takes for them to slip the puppet...I mean Fossil...into place with as little uproar as possible. What a sad day in Redskins history...

There needs to be pickiting and holy hell raised out front of Redskins park the day they introduce that fossil as head coach!

Most important part of the release:

Redskins Special Teams Coach Danny Smith On Jim Zorn: “I worked with Jim in Detroit and I’m thrilled to be able to work with him again. He is an outstanding coach with respect from everyone throughout the League.”

Looks like Danny is staying around. Our special teams have been awesome; Smith was the 2nd or 3rd coach I wanted kept around. Unfortunately, the first two were dismissed today. :(

Its called damage control. Blache is okay - who really knows on that front - but I see this as a bone thrown to the fans in the name of 'continuity', not necessarily finding the best DC available. Then again, at this point, I'll confess to being pretty cynical.

I think Blache is better than 'okay,' personally. I am pretty excited that he is staying. I thought he would leave with Williams - I never imagined he would stick around.

I guess this is one reason for having "too many chiefs, not enough indians." When the **** hits the fan, you have replacements for the head guys. :laugh:

We'll I guess all that remains to be seen who is the Captain of the love boat.

I've never seen a DC and a OC hired before a head coach.

The boys hired their OC last year before they hired the head coach.

Continuity on defense is there at least.

Sounds like they do have a head coach in mind if they are filling out the staff with the intelligence they have heard during that process.

Spot.

Williams talked up Zorn.......and Blache is continuity.

Its called damage control. Blache is okay - who really knows on that front - but I see this as a bone thrown to the fans in the name of 'continuity', not necessarily finding the best DC available. Then again, at this point, I'll confess to being pretty cynical.

Do you think Blanche had anything to do with our defensive success last year? I think this is more than a mere bone......more like THE DAN hearing from GW about the roles of each coach on the team......and how important they were to the progress of the defense.

They saved this for a Saturday when there will be less people around to cause an uproar. Terrible...

What people are going to cause an uproar? People on ES?

:laugh:

My money, therefore, is on Meeks at the moment for no real reason other than Indianapolis and we interviewed Meeks.

And a vote for Meeks is in.

I wouldn't mind any of the three. Meeks, Spags, or Ryan.

Plus, we'll get the addeed Spag "distraction" angle at the Super Bowl this week! Fun times..... :)

What if its Dennis Green?

I don't really care anymore. I think Blache will be almost the same as Williams really. But why couldn't Saunders get a chance to run his offense here? Because you just know that he will go to STL now and have a top 5 offense and we will be scratching our heads for a year + while our offense learns a new playbook again. Campbell could be Ramsey 2.0

Now BLACHE?

You've got to be kidding me. This has to be some elaborate joke. Did Jerry Jones pay Snyder to ruin this team? This is beyond pathetic.

Blache is not a good option as DC. We go from one of the top DCs in the league to a guy who was fired from his last job for poor performance and had to come be a line coach. He's been a spare coach his entire career, and NO TEAM was requesting his services.

So we have a giant, unproven question mark at offensive coordinator after firing one who is considered one of the best in the league and a guru. We have a career long spare at DC after firing one who is considered one of the best in the league. And we have no head coach. But apparently that doesn't really matter because our idiot front office is going to make every decision, so really the only thing our head coach will ever have to decide is whether to throw a challenge flag in a game.

This couldn't be a worse off-season for this team. To top it off, we are in a horrible cap situation with an aging (and now apparently pissed off) roster.

If this wasn't so damn depressing, this would be funny.

Whats your reaction to our new Defensive Cordinator? Is this a good or bad promotion? Is he the right man for the job? Will the defense get better or worse next season? What is your take on it? I love this and think its a great move but I honestly dont know much about him so I'd like to know what you think.

You all are missing the point. I have no issue with Blache, other than whether or not he is the right guy for the DC role. Big difference between being 'the guy' here vs. 'one of the guys'. I hope he turns out great. Notice though, they apparently didn't need to interview HIM 3 times and conduct a 3 week national search. Wonder why? Maybe because you wouldn't reasonably need to do that for any coach you'd had on staff for 4 years, because you'd already have known what that person was all about and capable of achieving?

I'm not saying its a bad move.

I'm saying it may be a fine move done for all the wrong reasons.

Meeks does look like a good choice. I would rule out Fassel because, like GW, he would be named as coach by now. If it is Meeks, that the skins have kept it quiet would be typical of keeping things out of the media.

However, I read into the article that they want to interview Spag as well and decide between him and Meeks. I just don't see the NE coordinator leaving/he is too young.

Archived