Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: Zorn and Blache named coordinators

Art

This is complete bull-****...trying to throw the fans a bone to soften the blow of dumping Saunders and Williams....Wasn't Blache fired in Chicago?? Gregg gave him a chance here to coach the d-line. How come we haven't heard about him going through multiple interviews?? Ryan wouldn't leave the Ravens, he burned the Williams bridge, and Danny realizes he is out of options...so to keep the fans happy he promotes within...this stink like a great bile pile of steaming ****!

I hope Gibbs never speaks to Danny and Vinny again!

**** Snyder....and he better not dare introduce Fossil as the coach.

this is the second best thing to having GW and might mean that we have continuity on our defensive staff--which isn't a bad thing considering where we ended up this year and how the talent fitted the system. blache was considered to be on the fast track to a HC position at some point but it never worked out--hopefully the new HC can coexist with already having his staff picked for him. Snyder is doing everything the complete wrong way but this is probably as good a result as we could hope for considering our incomponent front office. I do think having another playbook transition will be disasterous though. Consider this the Norv Turner theory of coaching in SD--hire solid staff and then a HC who won't screw it up. Someone like Fassel won't beat anyone gameplan wise but he won't interfere with the coordinators in making their adjustments. if he is a decent motivator this could end up being kinda bad instead of an abomination

The HC will be a someone that no one is talking about. Basically all they need is proxy for Dan and Vinny. It would be nice to have Grimm but I won't happen. So I guess the two headed monster of vinny and snyder will be the new HC and fassel is the puppet. Kind of reminds me of our government.

Yeah, Snyder must really believe in Blache. The Rex Ryan interest meant nothing.

I was wondering the same thing. I like that we are keeping the current coaching staff for continuity and because I doubt we could get anyone better at this point.

Unfortunately, we don't know if Ryan was going to hold some type of assistant head coach title and be above the current coaches or simply replace GW with Ryan.

However, if you remember Vinny and Dan sat down with Blache very early on in the process and hopefully explained things to him.

And a vote for Meeks is in.

I wouldn't mind any of the three. Meeks, Spags, or Ryan.

Meeks does look like a good choice. I would rule out Fassel because, like GW, he would be named as coach by now. If it is Meeks, that the skins have kept it quiet would be typical of keeping things out of the media.

However, I read into the article that they want to interview Spag as well and decide between him and Meeks. I just don't see the NE coordinator leaving/he is too young.

Meeks doesn't make any sense. Why postpone announcing that until after the superbowl? It has to be Spags or (please god no) McDaniel. They at least want to interview those guys, and see what they say.

Rex Ryan doesn't make any sense either at this point - he's a 3-4 guy, and Blache is a 4-3 guy. How would that work? :whoknows:

Bingo. Spags and McDaniels make no sense now that our assistants in place. But Danny and Vinny will have them in for a couple charade interviews so they can try to spin to the fanbase that Fassel was just the best candidate.

I disagree. Spags and McDaniels are the only ones that make any sense.

Ryan wouldn't leave the Ravens, he burned the Williams bridge, and Danny realizes he is out of options...so to keep the fans happy he promotes within...this stink like a great bile pile of steaming ****!

You nailed it -- it's a PR move, not a coaching move. Snyder wanted Rex Ryan, not Blache.

And I think Snyder is going to take you up on that dare.

....The process of selecting a new head coach continues, although no hire is planned until after the Super Bowl so as not to distract from the Championship game as well as to keep open all our options,” Snyder added. “We are on track with our interviews, but in the interim we also are filling our coaching positions and re-signing several existing staff members. During our interviews with prospective head coaches we heard time and again how highly respected some of our 2007 assistant coaches were and who they would select to fill out their staffs. That intelligence is helping guide our hiring decisions.....

Coaches (Plural) assisting in personnel decisions....Hmmmmmmmm

Maybe one was Williams?...the other being the new Head Coach?

Sounds like at least one more person besides above

Is there a conflict of interest here?

1) Prospective hires might say anything to get the position (Yeah he is good, I can work with him!)

2) Maybe coaches from other teams are not keen on helping us out BEFORE they are hired?

This is complete bull-****...trying to throw the fans a bone to soften the blow of dumping Saunders and Williams....Wasn't Blache fired in Chicago?? Gregg gave him a chance here to coach the d-line. How come we haven't heard about him going through multiple interviews?? Ryan wouldn't leave the Ravens, he burned the Williams bridge, and Danny realizes he is out of options...so to keep the fans happy he promotes within...this stink like a great bile pile of steaming ****!

I hope Gibbs never speaks to Danny and Vinny again!

How many coaches have NOT been fired at some point in their tenure? Some after having VERY VERY successful seasons where people were going WTH?

Your last sentence is he better not dare.

What will happen if he does?

I don't think the sky is falling. I think these are two very good coaches who are gonna do great for us. Zorn has done an awesome job at Seattle. A lot of Seahawks fans are pissed they wanted him to be their OC next year. I think this guy is gonna do a great job. Blache on the other hand is a players coach, and he's got the full backing of the team. I think he's gonna do a great job too. Now we just need a good head coach, and I think we're in really good shape.

Yeah, Snyder must really believe in Blache. The Rex Ryan interest meant nothing.

No....Ryan turned them down because he saw what Danny/Vinny wanted...a Puppet....and he knows that Danny has completed ****ed up how he handled this situation...between the players, existing staff, and fans this job is a very toxic situation. He figured he will get a better offer in the future... :2cents:

lol at the people supporting the Blache promotion. We could search the archives and NEVER find anyone talking him up or suggesting he was a good coach. We will find NO ONE saying he should be promoted to DC. We will find NO ONE saying they are worried that another team will come knocking for Blache.

What we WILL find are posts about how piss poor our front 4 performs. We WILL find posts about how the problem with our defense over the last several seasons is that we cannot get consistent pressure and that our DBs can't cover for 5 seconds.

No one was high on Blache and no one says diddly about him. But now we have people who are trying to spin this into a good thing. Please. At some point our fanbase has to say, "Quit crapping on us Snyder." You can't possibly be excited about the hiring of Blache at DC. They guys gets NO INTEREST from any other team (ironically just like our likely head coach candidate Fassel).

What a joke. Blache is a joke. And Snyder just made this team an even bigger joke.

Yes he was. G Will was fired as head coach in Buffalo too.

People get fired in football all the time.

Why would you be willing to give Willaims a second chance at head coach, but not give one to Blache as defensive coordinator?

Because Gregg had little to work with....I don't think anyone questioned his ability.

Blache got fired off a 13-3 team...correct?

How many coaches have NOT been fired at some point in their tenure? Some after having VERY VERY successful seasons where people were going WTH?

Your last sentence is he better not dare.

What will happen if he does?

Its been a screwed up process. We look like a bumbling, stumbling rambling wreck of a front office. Its not the result, its the process they've gone through to get to a result. You trying to tell me they thought GW might be the guy all this time, but just realized this morning he wasn't the guy for the job?

I find that pretty hard to swallow.

And yeah, given how this has all transpired, I think it definitely strikes a lot of us as a face-saving move, not necessarily a move calculated to get us the best coaching staff. We can agree to disagree I guess.

Bingo. Spags and McDaniels make no sense now that our assistants in place. But Danny and Vinny will have them in for a couple charade interviews so they can try to spin to the fanbase that Fassel was just the best candidate.

Then again, it could be Schwartz. That's who I am hoping for now.

He, like Fassel, just needs to remember a couple important phrases.

"You're right, Mr. Snyder."

"Vinny, that's a great idea!"

"No way. The fans don't hate you, Mr. Snyder. Why would you think that?"

"We're simpatico, Vinny. I don't believe in drafting defensive linemen either!"

"Oh please! I would love your input on play-calling!"

Great post, gave me a chuckle on a day where its not fun for me to be a Skins fan.

lol No one was high on Blache and no one says diddly about him. But now we have people who are trying to spin this into a good thing. Please. At some point our fanbase has to say, "Quit crapping on us Snyder." You can't possibly be excited about the hiring of Blache at DC. They guys gets NO INTEREST from any other team (ironically just like our likely head coach candidate Fassel).

What a joke. Blache is a joke. And Snyder just made this team an even bigger joke.

I share a lot of your setiment about how Snyder is mishandiling the coaching situation. And I am not sure I endorse Blache here either.

BUT for all those Gregg Williams fans -- I recall multiple times Gregg touting Blache as a big part of this defenses success especially on Comcast.

lol at the people supporting the Blache promotion. We could search the archives and NEVER find anyone talking him up or suggesting he was a good coach. We will find NO ONE saying he should be promoted to DC. We will find NO ONE saying they are worried that another team will come knocking for Blache.

What we WILL find are posts about how piss poor our front 4 performs. We WILL find posts about how the problem with our defense over the last several seasons is that we cannot get consistent pressure and that our DBs can't cover for 5 seconds.

:rolleyes:

There is a post in this very thread about how well our front four performed. :laugh: Carter had 10.5 sacks. Montgomery and Golston played great, as did Griffin in a slightly reduced role. You are WAY off base here.

Zorn/Blache and Meeks sound like something I could handle. I like Zorn, Blache is solid and Meeks has been a key part of a well-working system.

Look, for all the angst and wailing-set-on-auto, with Al (after 04), with Gregg, with Joe GIbbs himself, we had two above average years requiring heroics to make the play-offs and winning one game once there, significant inconsistency in effectivness on both sides of the ball, and two really bad seasons.

I'm not dumping all the "blame" them, there were injuries and a crippling tragedy, I'm just saying since I am going to watch the team anyway, and suffered a lot under the highest paid superhero coaching staff "evah" the idea of exploring new territory doesnt freak me out.

As for Dan's interference level with the new staff and running the onfield situations, I will wait and see it prior to describing it. I wish someone else owned the team, but they don't, and to be fair, my feeling on that comes from what I hear and read more than what I know.

Archived