Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: Zorn and Blache named coordinators

Art

Well hopefully Blache sticking around will appease some of the defensive players who will clearly be pissed about G Dubbs leaving. And like Art said, I hope this points to Meeks and not Fassell- or even to Schwartz. Does Zorn have the chops to run the offensive by himself? And has he ever worked with Fassel?

If you forget the lack of logic in hiring an OC before you hire the Head Coach I think Zorn is a very good pick up. He was a good NFL QB, has an excellent reputation as a QB coach and should be someone Jason can lean on. He is of course a first time OC so it remains to be seen what happens when he gets the keys to the Porsche (or will it be Dodge?)

I'm not a huge fan of the West Coast offense but it is an offense Campbell had success with in College so its not like its a totally new system to him.

Whatever its going to be an interesting few months.

lol at the people supporting the Blache promotion. We could search the archives and NEVER find anyone talking him up or suggesting he was a good coach. We will find NO ONE saying he should be promoted to DC. We will find NO ONE saying they are worried that another team will come knocking for Blache.

What we WILL find are posts about how piss poor our front 4 performs. We WILL find posts about how the problem with our defense over the last several seasons is that we cannot get consistent pressure and that our DBs can't cover for 5 seconds.

No one was high on Blache and no one says diddly about him. But now we have people who are trying to spin this into a good thing. Please. At some point our fanbase has to say, "Quit crapping on us Snyder." You can't possibly be excited about the hiring of Blache at DC. They guys gets NO INTEREST from any other team (ironically just like our likely head coach candidate Fassel).

What a joke. Blache is a joke. And Snyder just made this team an even bigger joke.

Blache wasnt responsible for the DB that was over all williams and gray and whoever else was there

It's obvious Danny wasn't happy with the direction of the team and maybe, just maybe, Gibbs thought a change of direction might be necessary and told Danny as much. I just wish Danny would have made these moves sooner and done a little more 'splaining.

In any event, as Art said, there will be continuity on defense although I wouldn't be surprised to see Williams try to take Jerry Gray and at least one other coach with him wherever he lands next. I don't think Snyder will block anyone who doesn't want to be on the staff. It will be Blache's job to see who is loyal and wants to remain and who wants out. That should be interesting.

Zorn is a wait and see situation. Given Seattle's offensive success this season, I'm certainly willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Sounds like the HC will now either be Fassel, Meeks, Schwartz or Spags. I'm betting it will end up being Spags but my ability to guess personnel moves hasn't been very good lately.

I've spent many hours at camp just observing Blache and the d-line. I think he is a very good coach, has the pedigree to prove it, and will make an excellent coordniator.

Congrats Coach Blache.

Doesn't really address my point John. Lots of great coaches fail - he may/may not be fantastic. My point is, why didn't his selection require the countless hours, scrutiny, and nationwide search that GW's consideration required? Where are the countless other qualified candidates to ensure that Blache is the best candidate possible?

Its not about Blache's coaching skills. I think he deserves the shot - good for him. But it still smacks of a move specifically targeted to quiet/quell the unhappiness Skins fans have with the handling of the GW situation.

I know the season ticket invoices will be coming out in another month or so, and I would like to know who will be at the helm BEFORE I re-up. I just heard on the radio that Danny Boy doesn't plan to announce a head coach until after the Super Bowl. I thought Fassel was such a sure thing? Why the delay then?

I've spent many hours at camp just observing Blache and the d-line. I think he is a very good coach, has the pedigree to prove it, and will make an excellent coordniator.

Congrats Coach Blache.

Jimmy, what is your take on the whole Ryan situation. I understand he will stay with Balt, but why interview him at all unless it was for the HC job. It was my understanding that it was for the DC job.

In regards to Williams, it seems that this had more to do with he and Snyder not seeing eye to eye, the Buffalo game missing man formation etc. The reports about them banging heads may be accurate. By naming Blache it appears that Snyder is happy with the system, just not happy with the individual that was leading it.

It would seem that the Williams interviews did not go well, but the fact that there was at least 3 meetings may mean that there was common ground, but perhaps not being able to "live under the same roof" was the deal breaker. Just my 2 cents.

I don't know B., I've been one of the bigger apologists for Snyder up till this debacle. I'm starting to believe theres something rotten in the state of Denmark. And I hear a lot of the same sentiment from others.

I've never felt this way previously, but I wish Snyder wasn't our team owner. I think he's hurt his reputation, even amongst us homers, irreparably over the past 2 weeks.

I think you may just be unusually generous of spirit. But hey, I dig that about you :cheers:

No, Blondie is right that winning will change perspectives completely.

I agree that from a PR standpoint they have totally screwed this up. However, I appreciate the difinitive news today and the kind words to Saunders and Williams on the way out.

Consider they are both leaving with fat pockets and opportunities in front of them.

Snyder did not owe us or GW the HC job. For whatever reason he decided to let him go, while he can still get work.

I hate the leak from last night and think it was BS that it was even out there (assuming it came from the team).

But again, if they win all we be forgiven...

I know the season ticket invoices will be coming out in another month or so, and I would like to know who will be at the helm BEFORE I re-up. I just heard on the radio that Danny Boy doesn't plan to announce a head coach until after the Super Bowl. I thought Fassel was such a sure thing? Why the delay then?

Cause it's not Fassel. Someone better. Much better. Of course, that's not saying much.:doh: But it'll be good.

Yeah, and Taylor Jacobs looked like Jerry Rice in practice.

Seriously, I like Blache too. But he wasn't even on the radar a couple days ago. SNYDER WANTED REX RYAN. This is a PR move, not a coaching move.

[quote name=

BUT for all those Gregg Williams fans -- I recall multiple times Gregg touting Blache as a big part of this defenses success especially on Comcast.[/quote]

I'm not sure what to make of anything of yet, I do know that I'm not to happy about GW being released. I do remember hearing the same thing, so lets hope something positive can come from this madness. The move does provide some continuity for the D, but for JC it could prolong his "breakout season". He has to learn a new system again; isn't this his 4th or 5th time learning a system?

I had to stop reading this thread on page 6, having had a belly full of ridiculous comments from the "faithful".

Jeez, things are actually coming together now with the coaching staff, yet because someone's fave didn't get hired or a traditional hiring sequence wasn't followed, it's **** Snyder and **** Vinny!

Some people here need to just grow up.

:2cents:

Doesn't really address my point John. Lots of great coaches fail - he may/may not be fantastic. My point is, why didn't his selection require the countless hours, scrutiny, and nationwide search that GW's consideration required? Where are the countless other qualified candidates to ensure that Blache is the best candidate possible?

Its not about Blache's coaching skills. I think he deserves the shot - good for him. But it still smacks of a move specifically targeted to quiet/quell the unhappiness Skins fans have with the handling of the GW situation.

Neither of us knows what went into the coordinator search. Neither of us knows a lot of things at this point (even with being staff on the team's board).

What we do know is that Blache coached top ten defenses in Chicago and was a part of top ten defenses here.

But again, if they win all we be forgiven...

We agree there, my friend.

Problem is, Danny and Cerrato are proven losers. Since Danny as been owner, we have lost far more games than we won. I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see that changing as long as Danny and Vinny are calling the football shots.

Yeah, and Taylor Jacobs looked like Jerry Rice in practice.

Seriously, I like Blache too. But he wasn't even on the radar a couple days ago. SNYDER WANTED REX RYAN. This is a PR move, not a coaching move.

How do you know who's radar he was on? Based on what? JLC's and other media reports?

Let's go back to 2004 when the media didn't know squat until about 12 hours before it became official that Gibbs was returning.

I'm not bashing the media as I know and like all of the local guys. But at the same time I think you are getting sucked into their world-view right now. Just cause they didn't report something doesn't mean that something was not being considered or happening.

Are you honestly telling me that you would want an unproven guy who has never been an OC and wasn't a hot commodity in the league (Zorn; we were the only team going after him) over a guy who is widely considered one of the top OCs of the last decade (Saunders)? By the way, notice how within a day of him being fired, Saunders already has teams trying to get him? The same teams who weren't trying at all to get Zorn?

No one was trying to get tomlin last year how did that work out so far?

I find it admirable that we still have those out there that can be faithful or spin this in a positive light. Im just tired of doing it and frankly, Snyder has brought all of this on himself. Many of us have defended him for years "OH, he will get it right", "Oh..Snyder wants to win more than any owner", "He is getting better". :rolleyes:

Archived