Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Weekly SUPER BOWL 42 MERGE Who's Wearing The 21 Sticker Update Thread

Redskins Anonymous

I don't get that mad either. If someone is REALLY young, I give them a pass as just not knowing enough about the site or how on point it is about news regarding football or sports.

But if you're in your 20s, you have no excuse. But even then, when the post just gets beat out by another or if the first page doesn't have the topic or the search makes it odd, then I can excuse that.

This seems almost deliberate, really. It's really a kind of arrogance and attention-seeking when you think HOURS AFTER THE FACT (national TV, no less) you've beaten someone to the punch on a Skins related note and it's no coincidence that all the threads were started by relatively inexperienced posters.

You just have to laugh.....

Don't you? :)

Tarhog, I hope you are not laughing at people who are looking to see if people are wearing ST stickers on their helmets. It seems there are elitists on this board who look down on other fans for expressing thoughts like this in terms of being "mindless haters." Perhaps not being part of the "in" group is clouding my judgement, but laughing at people on the board isn't something I remember going on many years ago. Have things changed?

I don't get that mad either. If someone is REALLY young, I give them a pass as just not knowing enough about the site or how on point it is about news regarding football or sports.

But if you're in your 20s, you have no excuse. But even then, when the post just gets beat out by another or if the first page doesn't have the topic or the search makes it odd, then I can excuse that.

This seems almost deliberate, really. It's really a kind of arrogance and attention-seeking when you think HOURS AFTER THE FACT (national TV, no less) you've beaten someone to the punch on a Skins related note and it's no coincidence that all the threads were started by relatively inexperienced posters.

I'm sure people are really appreciative of the fact that you give them a "pass" on not being as great or intelligent as you are. Do some research and go back to when this board was started and you will find that most of the posts were like this. It really is too bad that there are tens of thousands of members here now because it has created redundancy problems on posts, but you make it sound as if you and your "inside" group know more about the board and how people should use it than anyone else. You weren't even a member of the board when many of the most important decisions were made on how it is run. The tone of your messages is sarcastic and arrogant. Start your own forum if you want to make the rules.

I know that this may not seem like a big deal, but I noticed that the Patriots only had their fallen teammate's number on their helmet, which I certainly understand and respect. But why is it that every other team has Sean Taylor's number on the back of the helmet and the Patriots from what I could tell did not? I thought that every team was going to wear it on the back of their helmet for the rest of the year? If this was optional, than I guess that is well within their right to do so, I guess I would have been a little more sympathetic to another team who had lost a player, however, I guess we are talking about the Patriots, they have no heart or conscientious either.

On another note, it just makes me think that if there is a New England/Dallas Super Bowl I really doubt that I would watch the Super Bowl. I hate Dallas the most, but man do I hate the Patriots. They are really good, but the way that they are winning to me is way too arrogant. Other Dynasties never had to rub it in the way that they are doing it to other teams. However, no one will replace my hatred for Dallas. At any rate, I steered off course. What do you make of this omission? Is this an honest mistake, a choice, or some sort of Bellichick motivation to say "The NFL didn't respect when our teammate died so why should we respect what happened to another team's player?" Just trying to search for an explanation.

But why is it that every other team has Sean Taylor's number on the back of the helmet and the Patriots from what I could tell did not? I thought that every team was going to wear it on the back of their helmet for the rest of the year? If this was optional, than I guess that is well within their right to do so,

What do you make of this omission? Is this an honest mistake, a choice, or some sort of Bellichick motivation to say "The NFL didn't respect when our teammate died so why should we respect what happened to another team's player?" Just trying to search for an explanation.

It is optional for them to wear it - Detroit, Indy, and a few other teams weren't wearing it either... I still hat NE though.

I hear you on the hating of New England. I hope that they go down. If not during the regular season, definitely during the post season. I can't stand them. Tom Brady thinks he is big and bad. Their team is one Tom Brady knee injury away from getting out of contention during the playoffs. They think that they can pass all day long. In case they forgot, they play in New England. It is going to be awfully hard to be passing 45-50 yards down field with the wind blowing 20-30 mph and the receivers will have hard time holding onto the ball. To me NE is nothing more than a bunch of Colts copycats. They are trying to be fast, but they don't have a running game. If they don't have that in January they are going to be out of there at some point.

I hear you on the hating of New England. I hope that they go down. If not during the regular season, definitely during the post season. I can't stand them. Tom Brady thinks he is big and bad. Their team is one Tom Brady knee injury away from getting out of contention during the playoffs. They think that they can pass all day long. In case they forgot, they play in New England. It is going to be awfully hard to be passing 45-50 yards down field with the wind blowing 20-30 mph and the receivers will have hard time holding onto the ball. To me NE is nothing more than a bunch of Colts copycats. They are trying to be fast, but they don't have a running game. If they don't have that in January they are going to be out of there at some point.

Goofy post.

They spread the field in their comeback against the Raiders in 2001. Much of what they've done works because not all of the routes are longer and difficult to complete in poor weather. I think Welker has shown he'll eat up the smaller yardage in chunks all the way to the end zone.

The problem is, you started off with your hate and then imposed that on the facts. You posted this ___ at 10:37 PM when a billion other threads had already been posted and closed. I'm going to keep harping on people because did you REALLY not see threads in both STadium and ATN on the first bleepin' page?

But did you also not think that by 1035 PM that no one else could possibly have thought about AND posted that same lame idea?

Also, did you watch ANY games today? Did you only watch one? Watch any highlights? This is what's amazing to me. It's like a form of bigotry at this point and it goes well beyond you even see regarding the Cowboys, aside from Tr1 and usually his is mocking not this breathless charge of corruption and evil.

The Pats have their own damn player they lost this summer and maybe they want to re-focus THEIR team on that? Other teams also removed the decals.

As for thinking they copied the COlts? HUH? They've been running that spread for years. IN the past, the Colts were actually known to run 2 TE sets with Marcus Pollard and run the ball heavily with Edge. If anything, this spread style is something that's swept football. Copying the Colts. haven't the Pats won 3 SBs? Colts won one and that's because they played one of the worst starting QBS in recent SB memory. I mean, even Dilfer in 2000 was better than Grossman.

As for lacking a running game, you must have missed when an old and decrepit Antowain Smith lined up for them and they relied heavily on spreading the ball around to Patten, Brown and that TE who would go to Minnesota eventually (can't recall his name, now.) They weren't exactly pounding out running game then.

You cats are funny. Just accept that you hate them because they're good and stop trying to justify it.

I can't belive you expect our team to continue wearing the sticker, its sad that he died and all and i think it was right to honour him for a week but really?

Its not the Patriots duty or problem is it.

I don't think we're mad at the Patriots in any sense. As I said in another thread, I think we're all just surprised that a team that is so universally disliked would be the first to remove something from their helmets that was sorting of acting as a unifying symbol for all of the NFL.

I don't think we're mad at the Patriots in any sense. As I said in another thread, I think we're all just surprised that a team that is so universally disliked would be the first to remove something from their helmets that was sorting of acting as a unifying symbol for all of the NFL.

We already have a number on for our dead teammate.

We already have a number on for our dead teammate.

I understand this much, though it doesn't really nullify my point. With all the controversy and loathing surrounding the Patriots this year, you'd think something as simple and innocent as wearing a sticker (or two) on your helmet would be worth the unwanted attention.

I personally don't think any less of them for removing it, because as Nibbs McPimpin pointed out earlier it's not like the players were like "**** Sean Taylor. I'm taking this damn sticker off." Memorium can be expressed in more ways, and more powerfully than on a sticker.

I understand this much, though it doesn't really nullify my point. With all the controversy and loathing surrounding the Patriots this year, you'd think something as simple and innocent as wearing a sticker (or two) on your helmet would be worth the unwanted attention.

I personally don't think any less of them for removing it, because as Nibbs McPimpin pointed out earlier it's not like the players were like "**** Sean Taylor. I'm taking this damn sticker off." Memorium can be expressed in more ways, and more powerfully than on a sticker.

Still don't understand the point.

Who would they be trying to impress? The Redskins? Redskins fans? The Taylor family? Let's say Troy P (spelling not my strong suit here :D ) from Pittsburgh was the one murdered and not Sean Taylor. Should the Redskins keep wearing a sticker for him for the rest of the season? If they don't (along with most other NFL teams) does that really reflect badly on them?

Again I made this point early in one of the threads that was merged into this one. Jeremy Shockey and Sinorice Moss were not wearing 21 stickers yesterday along with the rest of the Giants, does anyone really think this somehow shows that these two players don't care for Sean Taylor?

I hope people do realize that the Redskins too will cease to wear these 21 stickers once this season ends.

It's called moving on.

It seems to me that this is an issue fueled by emotion rather than rationality.

Clearly there are many who have not come to grips with Sean's passing. If ****ing about this makes them somehow feel better, then whats the big deal?

(other than the starting of so many threads about it)

Those who ridicule them with an air of superiority are equally as ridiculous as they see their targets.

Is this something that will motivate the 'Skins? As noted on Riggins show today, it appears that the Giants and Pats have removed #21 from their helmets.

I've haven't been able to definitively confirm. This is the only pix I can find and it doesn't look like it's there.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/photo;_ylt=Ao46N.8rWc_iYpQw2NIeg4wisLYF?slug=307630d2441e408d893a3c9b3ac614a8.giants_eagles_football_park104&prov=ap

Comments?

The fact that the whole league paid their respects last week and many players attended the funeral is enough for me and shows much respect.

For those pissing and moaning about some teams not wearing a friggin' sticker on their helmet answer me this.

Do you wear a black armband everyday in honor of the men and women who have died serving our country? Quit being hypocrites.

Ok, this is now getting annoying. Like I stated previously, it doesn't matter if other teams wear the sticker. As long as we wear the sticker on the back of the helmet with the patch, it should not matter. It was only mandated last week for ALL teams to wear the sticker, and if they chose to wear the sticker, then they shall. Why is this topic still popping up :doh:

I agree with the majority of the views that it really doesn't matter. I think alot of defensive players continued to wear it , I think the Giants D had the sticker I know the Eagles D had it but at least McNabb wasn't .

The Pats wore no. 91 the number of thier lost team mate (i forget his name) . I think it is actually better teams are not forced to display the sticker and it is more of an individual choice .

Archived