Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Weekly SUPER BOWL 42 MERGE Who's Wearing The 21 Sticker Update Thread

Redskins Anonymous

PATRIOTS VS STEELERS

It seems the Patriots have had enough with honoring the late Sean Taylor. As they have now removed their #21 sticker after only one game. The rest of league has continued to honor Sean Taylor, however it seems the Patriots are too CLASSLESS to honor Sean Taylor any longer.

b2c5759b9f38d6a94b6dc2cfd8c3ffe4-getty-75558024jr002.jpg

In some games, it seems like one out of the two teams is wearing it. is this intentional I don't know.

Plus, some people aren't so sure about a reminder of death every time they put on a helmet for someone they may or may not have known. You have to be more open-minded about the possible motivations.

No offense, but these threads (I've seen 7 or 8 of them so far) are pretty silly. Does anyone really believe theres an NFL team out there that 'doesn't care' that ST was murdered? In fact, there so damn ambivalent, they're going out of their way not to honor him? Come on - if a team isn't wearing the stickers, its likely because the guidance was for last week only, or for some other mundane reason.

I don't think we need to keep score on this.

Mcpimp, I was kindof tongue-in-cheek about that title. I know there are Miami guys all over this league, and of course the respect their ex-teammate.

BTW, 'lots of teams elected not to wear it?' Do you have a list or something?

I have Sunday ticket and have watched about 6 games so far today...he's right :2cents:

no one else on the Pats have the 21 sticker.

I htought it was mandatory by the NFL?

I actually thought about this, maybe the NFL has a rule limiting the number of stickers for players that you can have at one time. As others said, week ago was mandatory, and this week is not. I understand the otherwise classless Pats only repping their own guy though. I think the Skins will be the only team wearing them by seasons end.

Every other NFL team has Sean's # on their helmet.

The Patriots do NOT. So disrespectful.

They have a #91 on their helmet, and had that # last week, too. I'm sure Sean didn't make too many friends on the field, but still, the NFL is a fraternity of accomplished athletes, and ALL should be respectful of their fallen brothers.

IMO, they should be fined. Boo Patriots.

How many teams wore a #91 on their helmet for Marquise Hill?

Archived