Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Weekly SUPER BOWL 42 MERGE Who's Wearing The 21 Sticker Update Thread

Redskins Anonymous

Vince Wilfork Sean's teammate and from the same draft class has a number 91 where everyone else has 21 on his helmet...anyone know why?

The Pats had a teammate die in a jet skiing accident during the offseason.

I haven't formed a real opinion yet, but in the eyes of many the Pats might have gone from the classiest franchise to the most classless in one season.

definitely agree with you there. past couple of years. i had no problems cheering for the pats if there was no conflict with the redskins in any form.

but never again.

no one else on the Pats have the 21 sticker.

I htought it was mandatory by the NFL?

It was only mandatory last week.

This thread seems to be dedicated to the figuring out which teams decided to keep it on their helmet, and which teams have taken it off.

Every other NFL team has Sean's # on their helmet.

The Patriots do NOT. So disrespectful.

They have a #91 on their helmet, and had that # last week, too. I'm sure Sean didn't make too many friends on the field, but still, the NFL is a fraternity of accomplished athletes, and ALL should be respectful of their fallen brothers.

IMO, they should be fined. Boo Patriots.

Uh, dude, lots of teams elected not to wear it past the one week.

The 91 is for THEIR teammate who died in the offseason in a tragic manner (totally accidental.)

They don't hate anyone. You do know Brandon Merriweather on that team, right? As is VINCE WILFORK. Know where they went to school?

Anyone notice Patriots are *NOT* wearing '21' stickers on their helmets?

Unless they are NOT on the back.

They just zoomed in on Brady's, and there's a '91' stickers, and the green radio sticker, but no 21.

I thought ALL teams were wearing '21' stickers on the helmets?

I saw MIA, BUF had them, and PIT has them.

Uh, dude, lots of teams elected not to wear it past the one week.

The 91 is for THEIR teammate who died in the offseason in a tragic manner (totally accidental.)

They don't hate anyone. You do know Brandon Merriweather on that team, right? As is VINCE WILFORK. Know where they went to school?

Mcpimp, I was kindof tongue-in-cheek about that title. I know there are Miami guys all over this league, and of course the respect their ex-teammate.

BTW, 'lots of teams elected not to wear it?' Do you have a list or something?

I don't know why people are making a big deal out of this. Nobody had to wear it after the first week. Its not like the Pats didnt wear it the first week. Same with the GMen. To make the statement that they hate him because they aren't wearing it anymore is laughable.

Mcpimp, I was kindof tongue-in-cheek about that title. I know there are Miami guys all over this league, and of course the respect their ex-teammate.

BTW, 'lots of teams elected not to wear it?' Do you have a list or something?

No list but I watched the games today. Apparently Jags, Carolina, VaGinants, Detroit and New England are among the teams not wearing them. Don't know so much about GB, Oakland or others.

I don't know why people are making a big deal out of this. Nobody had to wear it after the first week. Its not like the Pats didnt wear it the first week. Same with the GMen. To make the statement that they hate him because they aren't wearing it anymore is laughable.

What's 'laughable' is you think I'm completely serious with my title. I personally just feel it's disrespectful. Plenty of teams still have his number on their helmets, and I applaud them.

That's ok with me if they choose not to wear #21 on their helments. Bunch of punk cheaters. I can't stand the pats almost as much as I can't stand dallas. Ever since they got caught cheating they're doing whatever they can to disrespect all of the nfl. Yeah, yeah, I know they're undefeated blah, blah, blah, I still can't stand them!

Archived