Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Weekly SUPER BOWL 42 MERGE Who's Wearing The 21 Sticker Update Thread

Redskins Anonymous

That's a shame.

Sorry. I just didn't find obnoxiously self-absorbed people (the characters) funny. I detest people like that, and don't choose to associate with people like that, so it wasn't something I wanted to waste time to watch.

I saw the finale where they all finally got their "come-uppance." While it still wasn't funny to me, it at least was a satisfying finale.

Ok you aren't getting it...let me spell it out to you maybe you will understand

Yes they aren't. (one statement)

The Giants regardless are scumbags (i thought the Giants where scumbags before this game, before they started wearing the stickers, and them wearing stickers or not doesn't change the fact that they are scumbags)

(Second statement)

who cares. (third statement)

Got it now, or do i have to break it down to you again what i was saying like your a 1st grader

Plz, because we are all redskins fans you think our organization is all classy. Other fans might not thikn the same. How do you think Broncos fans feel after Darrent died and there was no sticker or celebration of his life in week 1?

I am pulling for thr Giants I'd rather get the teams close to us out of the way.

Plus if there is one team that reminds me psychologically of the Skins its the Giants. They tend to let down at home when they are favorite coming off of a win. They player better pissed off with the backs against the wall. Like the Skins they seem to struggle with prosperity.

Point is they will likely play us tougher next week if they lose today.

Me? I'd rather be fighting for BOTH of the wild-card spots than just the one.

But that's just me..

I'm pulling for the Buzzards.

I'm watching the Green Bay game and I was actually surprised to see that they were still wearing the sticker. I switched over to the Philly/Giants game and as already mentioned, I see that the Eagles are still wearing it as well. I thought that they and other teams would've been done with it after last week, and that maybe the Redskins would be allowed to continue to wear it through to the end of the season. It actually made me respect Green Bay and Philadelphia for that. Someone said that Dallas is still wearing theirs? That's really cool.

Anyway, I don't see why this would be something to get worked up over. They all did their part last week and don't have to wear it beyond that. Why should they now be called names because they have decided to remove the sticker?

All that being said, it does make New York look the oddball of the NFCE teams not to be wearing the sticker for an additional week. Doesn't make them bad. Just out of sync with the others in their divison. *shrug*

Plz, because we are all redskins fans you think our organization is all classy. Other fans might not thikn the same. How do you think Broncos fans feel after Darrent died and there was no sticker or celebration of his life in week 1?

The NFL dropped the ball on that one. Damn shame really. :mad:

Me? I'd rather be fighting for BOTH of the wild-card spots than just the one.

But that's just me..

I'm pulling for the Buzzards.

I hear you on that one for me the biggest thing is this the two teams I tend to think are going to lose after a win are the Redskins and Giants.

After Giants wins, they tend to brag to the press and think really highly of themselves and they often follow with a loss. Or so it seems to me. The Skins also seem to let down some after a win. Both teams seem to play better with their backs against the wall.

I'd rather not see the Giants come in play with the spirit that they have their back against the wall against the Skins, I'd rather see the ****y version of that team.

Ok first of all you're reading way to much into what i was saying...i never mentioned the Redskins...I see you're having a issue with the Broncos and Darrent, and the nfl not honoring him is an issue with the Broncos and the NFL, it has nothing to do with the situation here with Sean...all i was saying is i think regardless of whether they wear the sticker or not I do not like the Giants and I think they are scumbags

It's really sad. He was killed and there was some coverage for about 24 hours and that was it. Week 1 should have opened up with a tribute, moment of silence (did they even have that?), and at least the stickers...

They definitly should have, the NFL and the Broncos really messed that up...it is sad really

I hear you on that one for me the biggest thing is this the two teams I tend to think are going to lose after a win are the Redskins and Giants.

After Giants wins, they tend to brag to the press and think really highly of themselves and they often follow with a loss. Or so it seems to me. The Skins also seem to let down some after a win. Both teams seem to play better with their backs against the wall.

I'd rather not see the Giants come in play with the spirit that they have their back against the wall against the Skins, I'd rather see the ****y version of that team.

Well, to ME, it shouldn't matter "how the G'aints come in next week." If the Skins aren't professional enough, or motivated enough to beat them when it matters (and I think/hope they ARE), then we are in more trouble than we thought and don't deserve to go to the paloffs.

I'm pullin' for the Buzzards. Believe me .. doing that AND pulling for the Crackgirlz, all on ONE day, is KILLING me! I feel dirty.

Well, to ME, it shouldn't matter "how the G'aints come in next week." If the Skins aren't professional enough, or motivated enough to beat them when it matters (and I think/hope they ARE), then we are in more trouble than we thought and don't deserve to go to the paloffs.

I'm pullin' for the Buzzards. Believe me .. doing that AND pulling for the Crackgirlz, all on ONE day, is KILLING me! I feel dirty.

you and me both...it just feels wrong

It's really sad. He was killed and there was some coverage for about 24 hours and that was it. Week 1 should have opened up with a tribute, moment of silence (did they even have that?), and at least the stickers...

Didn't they have a tribute for him during the post-season LAST year? Remember, he was killed after they lost the playoff game, but before the Super Bowl.

Now they DID have that player that died in the charity basketball game after the Super Bowl. They SHOULD have honored him in week one, although the Broncos did have a remebrance of both of them during a nationally televised home game this year. They had their wives come out on the field.

Guys, how long are teams supposed to wear the sticker out of respect. It was a BIG deal to have all the teams wearing a sticker after the death. Absolutely huge, and unprecedented as far as I know. That's what happens with a particularly tragic midseason death (what separates it from the other deaths everyone is talking about).

The gesture is over though. It was a really nice one-game gesture, league-wide. I think that was extremely respectful.

That's why it's not all of a sudden disrespect NOW that they take it off. I just think it's EXTRA respect when teams keep it (eg the Eagles).

Guys, how long are teams supposed to wear the sticker out of respect. It was a BIG deal to have all the teams wearing a sticker after the death. Absolutely huge, and unprecedented as far as I know. That's what happens with a particularly tragic midseason death (what separates it from the other deaths everyone is talking about).

The gesture is over though. It was a really nice one-game gesture, league-wide. I think that was extremely respectful.

That's why it's not all of a sudden disrespect NOW that they take it off. I just think it's EXTRA respect when teams keep it (eg the Eagles).

Again... how can it be respect wearing it but, not be disrespect by not wearing it?

Again... how can it be respect wearing it but, not be disrespect by not wearing it?

It would be disrespect if they wore a 21 with a big X on it.

That would be disrespect. Not honoring someone is not the same thing as dishonoring someone, unless you went out of your way to look different.

If, when the league-wide tribute was going on, they didn't wear the 21, it would be disrespect.

I don't think it's that big a deal this week.

Does anyone question Jeremey Shockey or Sinorice Moss' affection for Sean Taylor?

Of course not and yet they are not wearing the sticker either.

Let it go.

Last week it would have been a bigger deal, refusing to wear the sticker despite the league mandate, that's why there was a brief broohaha with Brady.

It's over now. The NFL is going to move on.

It would be disrespect if they wore a 21 with a big X on it.

That would be disrespect. Not honoring someone is not the same thing as dishonoring someone, unless you went out of your way to look different.

If, when the league-wide tribute was going on, they didn't wear the 21, it would be disrespect.

IMO it would be disrespect to the league.

Why rid the helmets of the sticker? Why not just let it ride out for the last 4 games of the season? If I didn't know any better, you'd think they jumped to the chance to remove the sticker. Not necessarily a disrespect to Sean. Though, it can be seen as such. I am not saying that what they did, or didn't do for that matter, was a personal action. Though, it could be shown a good case. They are not going out of their way to dishonor the man. However, it does say a lot about the Giants organization and the Eagles and Cowboys.

I don't think it's that big a deal this week.

Does anyone question Jeremey Shockey or Sinorice Moss' affection for Sean Taylor?

Of course not and yet they are not wearing the sticker either.

Let it go.

Last week it would have been a bigger deal, refusing to wear the sticker despite the league mandate, that's why there was a brief broohaha with Brady.

It's over now. The NFL is going to move on.

:applause:. Maybe the teams had their helmets washed or something? The stickers were a 1 week thing to respect him, not a season wide addendum

Archived