Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Weekly SUPER BOWL 42 MERGE Who's Wearing The 21 Sticker Update Thread

Redskins Anonymous

Ladanian Tomlinson is the definition of classy.

Norv Turner is the definition of a bad coach.

I felt the spirit of Sean during last night's game. He will ignite the powerful energy of our warriors to lead us to the promised land. Man, I'm not even religious and I truly feel he is giving our players extra vigor.

I still wonder what makes a player so, "No thanks, no sticker for me this week."

Isnt it just "right to wear the sticker throughout the season?

Judging by the number of players not wearing it I'm assuming the way it has worked after the first week is they have to ask to have it on there rather than tell them no.

So if you dont specifically ask for it then it wont be on there, thats just what it seems like to me cause I doubt many players would turn it down.

There is a great picture of ST and LT talking at some point during a game. I have it saved to my CPU but im not sure how to post it from there.

You guys are getting your panties in a wad over nothing... I haven't seen any Redskins wearing a BW sticker to remember the death of another classy guy, Bill Walsh, nor a Darrent Williams sticker, (who died a similar death to Taylor), yet some of you are pissing and moaning that the rest of the league is somehow showing disrespect to Taylor... incredible.

• 2 weeks later...

Which teams are still wearing the 21 sticker?

Here are the ones I know for sure:

Washington

Dallas

NY Giants

Philadelphia

Minnesota

Green Bay

Chicago

Arizona (some players, e.g., Kurt Warner)

San Francisco

Seattle

Carolina

New Orleans

Cleveland

Denver

San Diego (LT only)

Kansas City

Oakland

Houston

Miami

Tennessee

Pittsburgh

Not sure about Jacksonville. Not sure if select players on Baltimore (Lewis, Reed, McGahee) wear it, but the majority of the team does not.

New England, Buffalo, Tampa, Indy, Detroit, Cincy, NY Jets, Atlanta, St. Louis all do not wear it.

I just relaized watching todays playoff game that the Sean Taylor 21 was absent from the Buc's helmets, are they too good to remember and show respect? The New York Giants and everyone else have 21 somewhere on thier helmets. Whats the deal with that? I think that is a sign of striaght up disrespect to the Redksins and to Sean Taylor. I have lost any respect I had for them. The Bucs can go to (H) (E) double hockey sticks!

Why do they have to have a sticker? And why do they have to honor him in that way after many, many weeks?

All of this crying about stickers and not honoring the man is getting ridiculous. There are ways to honor a guy that are different than a sticker on the helmet that 90% of players don't even notice.

A lot of other teams have taken them off as well. I know the Pats and Ravens both did, those are two of the top of my head. I don't think its really disrespect everyone wore them the week after that horrific Monday. It would have been disrespectful to not wear them that game, but I don't think its disrepectful they aren't wearing them now.

First of all it has nothing to do with The Skins next season. I'm talking about now. If you disagree with my point then leave it at that. A true Skins fan has the right to express how they feel about a lost team mate. I would not expect the Skins to wear "21" next season. If everyone is so over the number 21 and we dont want to get into this "all over again" then why is the 21 sign still in the stadium. Should we take that down too? It has nothing to do with being petty over a number. An NFL team lost a valuable teammate. If it were the Pats or the Saints everyone would honor that player through the whole season. So before you start blowing off unnecessary steam first try to understand my point.

Archived