Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Paloffs is Now: 2007(merged)

RenegadeTK

Tell ya what, even if the rest of this season is thrown out, I already know we all feel great about this season. Just went undefeated on the NFC East tour. We saw the schedule. NOBODY, and I mean not the biggest homer, not the outsider taking a cool guess...NOBODY predicted 3-0 in the post-bye NFC East tour. They were won in all 3 different ways: blowout, early blowout-hold on to win, grind it out close one win killing the clock. Division opponents. Think this team is scared of the REST of the NFL?

I mean are you kidding me, I can hardly believe it. And none of them are flukes, tonight was as convincing as any win in terms of finishing. If nothing else, the division is ours for the next large handful of years.

I haven't been engaging in "playoff" talk other than in the most mathematical and detached manner, but I figured that depending on what I saw tonight, I may invest a little actual belief in our chances (I can be very hopeful, emotional, and supportive of the 'skins even while being pragmatic and objective in analysis or predictions).

I can actually see this team making a run now, but it will take more than the strength of our offense. We'll need a good share of breaks in a variety of forms, including other teams screwing up enough to help us win.

And we'll need the D to play like they did tonight---which was notably better than they have been.

I was more worried about tonight than the Baltimore game. It's not a walk in the park, but I'm not sold on them.

To be honest, we should be worried about every team we face. If we relax, even as a fanbase it seems, & think less of any team we face, it will potentially bite us in the rear. We need to play every single game like it's our only chance to win it all!

Paloffs. Is. Now.

Real Talk, we did our part to be in position to make a playoff push. And that's by winning. Ravens game is toughest game left, and if we can pull that off, I can see us winning out. Question is, will 10-6 be enough???

F it, keeping winning and let the chips fall where they may.

Real Talk, we did our part to be in position to make a playoff push. And that's by winning. Ravens game is toughest game left, and if we can pull that off, I can see us winning out. Question is, will 10-6 be enough???

F it, keeping winning and let the chips fall where they may.

Absolutely agree with your last point. 10-6 will be enough if somebody can knock off the Vagiants or the Seahawks. I hate the fact that can't control their own destiny, but that's where things are at now.

Edited by SAli457180

perhaps it is all about getting hot late, like the way the Giants won their last 2 superbowls.

perhaps it's even better when you get hot with RG3, who just continues to prove he learns every day, gets better and is ready for any stage.

and perhaps we remind ourselves that, even though we knew RG3 would be good, we weren't really expecting a super bowl run.

all these possibilities competing for the best, nobody wins but you.

If we beat the Pukes & the Gints, we certainly will win over the Ravens, Why? Because Flacco is no Eli or Romo, plus our D should hold Rice. Really don't think will even be close.

I haven't seen as much of the Ravens as some of you all have, but if what I saw last week is any indication, they don't scare me very much, other than Ray Rice of course. I watched Charlie Freaking Batch pick them apart and now Suggs has a muscle tear in his arm.

Edited by WheresRickySanders83

Gotta contain Rice. Dude is deadly. I think we should be okay on offense. Looks like Suggs won't play as well ( I mean I don't know how you can, with a torn bicep, and be even remotely effective.)

I'm less worried about Rice than I am Boldin separating from coverage over the middle and Torrey Smith and Jacoby Jones flying past our DBs.

Let's not kid ourselves, the Ravens are a good football team. We will need to play a great game to beat them.

I felt like we needed to get to 9-7 to make the paloffs. I still feel that way, despite Seattle winning yesterday. And I'm not totally sold on the Bears being a lock for the other Wild Card. However, I didn't see any plausible scenario where we could lose tonight and win out. I think we can lose to the Ravens and win our last three, but right now I'm in the "i don't give a ****" club, because of our win tonight. It was glorious. :)