Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Paloffs is Now: 2007(merged)

RenegadeTK

I'm not super confident in this team, HOWEVER, I'll play along for a sec. The NFC is wide open. The Packers aren't dominant, the NFC South is awful. Who are the clear favorites? Dallas? Heh. Seattle? Maybe. San Fran's D is a sieve. Philly is fairly solid but we played them down to the wire. I mean, string a few wins together and you never know.

Ok, back to reality. Just win baby.

Add: I think the original thread URL was http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128720 but I can't get it to load. Even tried re-formatting to es.redskins.com but it bounced me to the main forum page.

Edited by Stadium-Armory

Yeah, S-A, Jumbo or TK said that the software upgrade actually erased some years of priceless archives.  I remember when we could search in 2005, and you just can't find things anymore.  Sad, because some of the great moments of the board were in those times. 

• Like 2

Considering what happened in 2012 (start 3-6 and finishing on a 7 game win streak to win the NFC East), I think we'd all be foolish to say it's impossible. That said, I think it's unlikely. Not only are the Eagles and Cowboys 3 games up on us in our own division, there are 2 potentially brutal games ahead on the road against the Niners and Colts. Of course they can be beat, but I'm not sold one solid showing in Dallas means all of this team's problems have been fixed. The rest of the season will be interest though. And as a fan, nothing would make me happier than seeing them go on a miraculous win streak and making the playoffs. Let's hope it happens. HTTR!

3-5? More like 11-5! You heard it here first! Paloffs is now!

11-5 was my original prediction before the season started. There's still a chance!

I'm not super confident in this team, HOWEVER, I'll play along for a sec. The NFC is wide open. The Packers aren't dominant, the NFC South is awful. Who are the clear favorites? Dallas? Heh. Seattle? Maybe. San Fran's D is a sieve. Philly is fairly solid but we played them down to the wire. I mean, string a few wins together and you never know.

Exactly and the NFC is supposed to be the stronger conference. AFC really only has Denver and Belichicks gameplanning. Chargers, Colts and Bengals can be good too at times.

The real deal is this though. If RG3 is "who we thought he was" then we really should roll over just about any team other than Denver. Colt McCoy threw 30 lame ducks against Dallas, in Dallas, and completed 25 of them while avoiding the rush for the most part and throwing 0 Ints. RG3 should be able to match that every week while throwing much better passes.

• Like 1

Crazier things have happened, right?!

I'll play along seeing as though I myself have bumped this thread before haha.

This week will tell us alot about the team.  You have to beat the cupcakes on the schedule.  Period.

Either they are ready to take the next step, be humble, and take every week as a new challenge, or they are the same dumpster fire that we have seen over the past decade and will be full of themselves after Monday night and lay an egg on Sunday.

• 4 weeks later...

They were eliminated after the Houston loss. 

i know you're trying to be funny, but we weren't eliminated after being 0-1. especially since we went 1-1 after beating the jaguars. if anything, we were eliminated after losing to the eagles

I believe the Skins are now, "officially," eliminated from paloff contention.

yes, you would be correct.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

There's only going to be one team from the NFC EAST make the playoffs, the division winner.

Thanksgiving game in Bold

(Overall Record, Division Record, Conference Record)

Redskins(4-6, 1-1,4-3):  Giants, Cowboys, @Bears, Bills, @ Eagles, @ Cowboys

Eagles(4-6, 2-2, 3-5):  @Lions, @Pats, Bills, Cardinals, Redskins, @Giants

Giants(5-5, 2-2, 4-4): @Redskins, Jets, @Dolphins, Panthers, @Vikings, Eagles

Cowboys(3-7,2-2, 2-6): Panthers, @Redskins, @Packers, Jets, @Bills, Redskins

If Gruden can't go at least 2-2 in the division, the rest of the way; why should he be allowed to return?  Why should Scot pin his future on a mediocre coach?

Redskins should finish: W,W,L,W,W,L which would be 8-8, 4-2, 7-5.

Eagles should finish: L,L,W,L,L,L which would be 5-11.

Giants should finish: L,W,W,L,L,W which would be 8-8, 3-3, 5-7 .

Cowboys should finish: L,L,L,W,L,W which would be 5-11.

So, the Skins should be the division winner; if they finish as they should.  Reality says, that won't happen and they probably finish 7-9, 2-4, 5-7.  Winning the Giants, Bears and Bills game.

Edited by Rdskns2000

If we aleady knew the outcome of the games, why even bother watching? 

Get in the playoffs, and see what happens.  You can never have a chance at a ring unless you get in the tournament first.

Beat the Giants, and its still anybody's division.  If we're supposed to be there is irrelevant if we're there.  I don't need anyones permission, just a playoff berth.

• Like 1

So, the Skins should be the division winner; if they finish as they should.  Reality says, that won't happen and they probably finish 6-10, 2-4, 5-7.  Winning the Giants, Bears and Bills game.

If the Skins win three more they'd be 7-9.

Barring an 0-6 or 1-5 finish, I think Gruden stays. He might not wind up being the answer, but so far this season has at the very least been an improvement over the past two. I don't want to keep a coach who will probably hover around .500 for time immemorial as Norv probably would've, but we can't continue the churn and burn of having a new coach every two years. Jay stays at least thru next season.

We don't deserve to be in the playoffs - what's the point to go one and done with a season ending @ss whopping

Disagree.  Like it or not, win the division and you're in.  Sure it's not sexy, but it is what it is.  Ask the 2010 Seahawks what it's like to win the division with a losing record, get a home playoff game and win.

Stranger things have happened.  Paloffs is now.  Sunday is it!

• Like 1

Looking at the current standing, if we beat the Giants on Sunday we'll be in first place in the division, regardless of what anyone else does. Tied with the Giants at 5-6, split the season series at 1-1, but with a better division record (2-3 vs. 2-1).  If Eagles win, they're 5-6, but 0-1 against us.  Cowboys can't get to 5-6.  So we would actually be in 1st.  Of course, there's a ton of divisional games to be played the last 5 weeks of the season (we have 3), so things will likely look much different.