Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Little things you just don't go cheap on...

BALLz

So my wife goes out to the grocery store the other day to pick up a few things. Amongst the items on her list is peanut butter. Now, I don't know about you guys but I love peanut butter. Stuff is like a drug to me. But anyhow, she comes home with a jar of store brand peanut butter. I'm not to picky one the brand but it has to be brand name. She gets all upset with me yesterday cuz I stopped by the store after work and grabbed some JIF. She ask why, and what we were gonna do with the other jar and I politely replied that jars is yours. Anyway, this just got me wondering if any of you guys had a specific item that you just don't by cheap. I know steaks and such will be a popular item but anything else?

I don't like to buy cheap clothes. Clothes can be expensive, so I have been seen a time or two in TJ Max and the like.

But for the most part, nice clothes cost more and it isn't just because of the label. I have some shirts & shorts that I paid a bit for, but I've owned for 8+ years. They normally have to be thrown away because of changing styles, not because they become rags.

I don't like to buy cheap clothes.

Virtually every shirt I own is a Disney polo. Every pair of pants I own is Dockers.

I hate folding clothes. (And I suck at it.) Disney shirts and Dockers pants, I put them in the washer, I put then in the dryer, I put them on a hanger. No wrinkles, no maintenance.

(And I live in Florida. There may be places in Florida where Dockers and a Disney polo aren't appropriate dress, but I don't go those places.)

Heck, the pants I wear when mowing the lawn are Dockers that I've worn a hole in the knees.

I've actually given up on the store brand and name brand peanut butter (which are both the same, btw, just packaged with a different label) because they all still use hydrogenated oils. Choosy mom's choose artery clogging oils that your body can't digest, right? So nowadays, I get the all natural stuff, like Richards, doesn't taste quite as good but you just shouldn't be putting that **** in your body so I make do.

I get all my clothes at Goodwill. It's awesome. Grab anything you see - it costs 3 bucks! If you take it home and you decide you don't like it: donate it back to Goodwill!

The exception is underwear and shoes. For those two items I pay the bucks. Comfort uber alles.

I pay out the nose for good organic fruit and vegetables too.,

I never buy cheap coffee.

Cheap beer is fine once in a while, who cares. I don't eat ketchup. And I can't tell the difference between different peanut butters. :whoknows:

I don't buy many generics at the grocery store, I always buy the national brand. Which is why my wife does the shopping :)

Archived