Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Little things you just don't go cheap on...

BALLz

Trash bags.

I hated it when my mother would buy the cheapo trash bags. But she never understood because she never took out the trash. The cheap ones rip if you so much as think about stuffing them.

Trash Bags is a great one. Don't ever go cheap on Q-Tips either.

Dr. Pepper... I actually wait until they've got the 2/$5 or 2/$5.50 to buy it in 12 packs...

Motor Oil (7 quarts of Mobil 1 Synthetic)

Clothes (American Eagle or Dockers for me)

Gas (93, don't have any choice)

Smokes (Seriously)

Smokes is a good one. I always have the Marlboro lights. If i ask to bum one off a friend and he pulls out a pack of Basics, i'll drive to the store.

Glad you guys finally said smokes. If you are going to die from a habit, no use being a cheap **** about it. Better to quit than smoke Tahoes or Basics.

And yeah most of the store brand items are identical (come from the same production lines) as the name brands, all the difference is in Advertising costs, of course there are exceptions :)

Plastic wrap.
TP.
Heinz is the only ketchup

Have to agree here... Though, I had to be instructed by my girlfriend of this lesson (she's from Pittsburgh and was upset when she found out that my mom occasionally buys Hunt's or safeway brand ketchup)

Alcohol. Is a 30 dollar bottle of Vodka better than a 15 dollar bottle? Yes, every penny better. Scotch, Bourbon, Tequila, Rum, buy the good stuff and you will never go back.

Well, it depends what size of vodka. A fifth? maybe, but a $32 1.75L of Absolut is comparable to a $18 bottle of Svedka.

And if you're mixing? It does not even matter unless the proofs are different. Seriously, if you're mixing something, topshelf is unnecessary.

Having said that, if I go Captain Morgan's, I have to go Private Stock. I also have a bit of an "expensive" taste for certain things (Ultimat Vodka straight, for example) and Maker's Mark bourbon...but I also have a bottle of Jack and a bottle of Smirnoff around here too for mixing.

My running shoes cost me $140 and I haven't thought twice about it.

Yea, I need to buy a good pair of shoes. I'll probably drop $80 and not care because if my feet are happy, I'll be happy and get more work done since I wouldn't be crawling into bed so early to simply rest.

razor blades

Mach 3 or my Fusion for me. I had a Schick quattro once, and think it was the best blade I've had yet, but I lost it. :mad:

Trash bags.

Amen. I make sure my mom gets the good bags in bulk from BJs...that way there's only a couple times during the year where there's a chance that we'll have ****ty trash bags around. A box of 80 bags lasts a good while.

Another thing I'll second is Jerseys. I don't go authentic, but Premier only. Replicas just don't cut it for me.

Electronics for sure. I won't be caught buying some generic printer, dvd player or t.v. Its usually Sony first for me.

Knives. Kitchen knives. I have a pair (2) Shun knives. The santoku is $110 and the paring knife is about $40. I cook a lot and having good knives is a must. The $20-40 set you find on sale during the holidays doesn't cut it.

When it came to my drumset, I couldn't settle for beginner or intermediate level cymbals. I had to buy professional grade stuff at about $150 or more a pop. My cymbals cost more than my drumset.

Electronics for sure. I won't be caught buying some generic printer, dvd player or t.v. Its usually Sony first for me.

I used to think this way. Until I worked w/ Gramophone when our house was built. I had selected a Sony 42" plasma for above the fireplace in the family room, and my guy told me that Sony OEM'd that model from LG, so I bought the LG and saved a lot of moolah.

I used to think this way. Until I worked w/ Gramophone when our house was built. I had selected a Sony 42" plasma for above the fireplace in the family room, and my guy told me that Sony OEM'd that model from LG, so I bought the LG and saved a lot of moolah.

I understand what you mean here, and this is pretty much why I said "usually". If I was to buy plasma right now, I'd have no problem buying a Vizio just because they were a smart company that waited to enter the market until the technology was cheaper and I've seen their product and have enjoyed the screens I've watched. But if I'm looking for a CD player to replace my AIWA player that is 7 years old, or simply a pair of headphones, I'm not going to consider RCA if Sony is there.

Another thing I don't skimp on is batteries. Always Duracell or Energizer.

I've bought Maxell or Panasonic when in a pinch (usually to end up replacing remote controls, which is fine)...but they simply don't last long at all on devices like cameras.

Diapers, Diapers, Diapers, Diapers, Diapers! Did I mention Diapers? For us it was Pampers Swaddlers, than Cruisers... we got generic brand one time and pee was a mess. After about a year and a half on pampers our son broke out into a rash... took us a month until we realized it was the diapers (oddly enough, he'd been on Pampers the whole time) and Huggies worked better.

Also baby's milk and food for the toddler, so I suppose he's going to be eating organic all the way... we've kind've gone organic on the food too... as much as possible.

I suppose feminine products are another thing on the list of no cheap.

Home-made ketchup is the way to go...

Diapers, Diapers, Diapers, Diapers, Diapers! Did I mention Diapers? For us it was Pampers Swaddlers, than Cruisers... we got generic brand one time and pee was a mess. After about a year and a half on pampers our son broke out into a rash... took us a month until we realized it was the diapers (oddly enough, he'd been on Pampers the whole time) and Huggies worked better.

Honey, is that you? :laugh:

oh yah, razor blades is a good one. I never buy the cheap ones/disposables. Why torture yourself?

There are cheap disposables that tear your face up, and then there are good ones.

The Mach 3's and razors like that are great, but I buy 10 Gillette Twin blades with lub strip for 5$.

Not exactly generic, but they are still cheap.

Archived