Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Andre Carter is improved

D'Pablo

I still agree with D'Pablo. Mr. Backus might be the worst starting tackle in the league. Carter did very little for the first three weeks. He would get 1 sack and then disappear the rest of the game. Let's see what Carter does against a real tackle in Chad Clifton.

Did you mean to type "Aaron Carter" instead of "Andre Carter"?

If you meant Aaron Carter, then I agree.

If you meant Andre Carter, then I disagree. I think Andre Carter has done a decent job.

Is it just me or does it seem like Andre Carter is so close to making a lot more plays and having a bigger impact on the game?

You have to admit that Aaron Carter's athleticism is underrated. He did beat Shaq in basketball, after all: http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/aaroncarter/thatshowibeatshaq.html

Originally Posted by redskins55

Your opinion is based off of one game tape you decided to break down? Carter is our best D-Lineman right now. He is the only one that draws a double team, or a brush off block by the runningback coming out of the backfield for a pass. You really are being irrational in your assessment

The running assumption in this thread is that I'm basing my opinions exclusively on one game. That's simply not the case. This isn't a knee-jerk reaction to a loss. I've been watching this guy closely since we acquired him. He has not improved all that much since the end of last season. The same flaws we saw last year have been visible this year.

I was hoping that Carter would gain some weight in the offseason to complete his transition back to a DE' date=' but that wasn't the case. He is still ridiculously under-sized. It doesn't mean a thing if Carter reaches 12 sacks this year and has given up a 1000 yards rushing on his side of the D. Like Greg Blache has stated before, sacks are overrated.

One constant in 04' and 05' was that our D was anchored by two big run-plugging DEs. Those were top 10 defenses. [u']Honestly, I'd love for Carter to prove me wrong. [/u] I happen to like how centered the guy is outside the football field. Unfortunately, I don't think he belongs in this defensive system. If he gained some weight (ideally 20lbs), he would probably have more sacks and as a team, we'd be more stout against the run.

I'm sure everyone has blasted you with the " I told ya so" messages.

I'm not coming at you with that angle, just here to say that I believe Carter has proved you wrong as you stated you wish he would. I'm sure he will continue to make plays for us and adapt to our system well.. ;)

So, I've just finished reading the entire thread about how it originally was about how D'Pablo thinks that Andre Carter sucks.

Now first before I go into anything I just wanted to say that I am a huge supporter of not only Andre Carter but everyone wearing a Skins jersey, allthough I disagreed(and even at one point shocked) on alot of his statements against Andre Carter, he did infact bring up valid points.

Jon Kitna is on pace being the most sacked QB in the league right now setback 2 sacks behind David Carrs record of 76 sacks in a season a couple years ago, putting ontop of beating a team who could never establish a threatening run game.

In all intentions I really believe that D'Pablo isnt some random Joe Schmo who found the skins board 3 years ago, who has since then made some pretty valid posts during his commitment here, and all the sudden wants to rampage on a random Redskin Player just for the hell of it.

Allthough his credability does go down because a player proves himself on the field and has a remarkable game, it has gone WAY too far.

Theres actually a website now devoted to D'Pablo with a flash video of how

D'Pablo sucks and all of these offensive pictures towards him.

http://www.dpablo.justgotowned.com/ is the website if you havnt seen it yet, which im not too proud of...

As much as I like seeing someone being proved wrong, even as it seems as theyve been quite annoying as in the manner D'Pablos was shown. What really upsets me even the most is the Mods participating in this as well.

A couple of Mod's actually changed the thread name to "D'Pablo Sucks and this thread will not change until he says sorry." earlier... and this is extremely alarming.

Can everyone truely go after someone like this, especially when someone does have an honest criticism against something? It really does make it look like the whole ES community has been after this guy now especially after the big win against the Lions.

Now as much as, even myself, wanted to rag on someone, I wanted to view the facts and throughout the whole thread, never, at any point in time did he make a personal attack on anyone from ES. Sure he said Andre Carter sucks, but at least he backed himself up with real criticism instead of others just saying back to him "well you suck", or some stupid **** like that.

As I kept reading I did feel enlightend to see other ES'ers stand up against the crowd to at least mention how stupid this thread has become.

So near the end of the thread D'Pablo, amazingly still tries to defend himself with his statements, actually gives him props at one point because he arguably had one of the top games in his career thus far (and hopefully many more) starts to wonder how its possible that the moderators of the forum now contribute to the virtual lynching of his name now.

This has gone way to far.

It worries me to see not only alot of ES'ers react (which is normal, this is a Redskins Forums) but seeing mods participate and defend their actions as a "joke" and he should'nt take it too personally and insist that he apologizes on his(D'Pablo) honest opinion... their credability goes down as well as his in my opinion.

Hopefully others that feel the same way that I feel, can speak out on this thread, whether you agree with D'Pablo's statements or not. This has gone way to far.

Allthough the Redskins won this weekend, this board has sustained a huge loss from what I see. And were becoming as idiotic savage as many of the hated Cowboy Fans. Hopefully this thread can spark a change.

But putting everything aside I also took the liberty to dig up some stats and Andre Carter is Ranked #8 in the League among all players (sacks) with 4 sacks, 17 Tackles, 1 FF and a Safety.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=SACKS&conf=ALL&season=2007&seasonType=REG

:logo: Regardless, allways...HTTR!!! :logo:

Pryde,

Thanks for your point of view on this matter. Isn't it great to have a board where you can do so? It IS a great country. :)

All we ask is you express it in the thread where it's already an ongoing discussion.

So, I've just finished reading the entire thread about how it originally was about how D'Pablo thinks that Andre Carter sucks.

Now first before I go into anything I just wanted to say that I am a huge supporter of not only Andre Carter but everyone wearing a Skins jersey, allthough I disagreed(and even at one point shocked) on alot of his statements against Andre Carter, he did infact bring up valid points.

Jon Kitna is on pace being the most sacked QB in the league right now

When you throw more than most and lead the league in Passing O, you will get sacked alot.

My point is, not only did we sack Kitna, we pressured him into maybe the worst game he may have all year.

What did he have, 77 net yds passing? You don't do that w/o a team effort and who lead that charge on D(mainly AC).

The D'Pablo generator is the funniest thing ever. If you don't like that, you're just not trying. The mistake you make is presuming the critique was "honest". It was not in the slightest. The Redskins are a Top 10 in the NFL rush defense. It's a defense that is SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED TO INVITE THE OPPOSITION TO RUN. We do it ON PURPOSE. And we're Top 10. D'Pablo says Carter gets pushed back 20 yards. He never has. Though, D'Pablo did say it was on every big run against us and we've only given up ONE big run all year.

Teams with players that bad get exploited. They don't sit near the best in football. It was a goofy, strange post entirely false and stated at a time and in such a way as to appear to ENJOY the frustration Redskin fans were feeling after a bad home loss to the Giants.

How much is too much you ask? As much as D'Pablo wants, cause HE is the sole person who's allowed it to go this far.

The D'Pablo generator is the funniest thing ever. If you don't like that, you're just not trying. The mistake you make is presuming the critique was "honest". It was not in the slightest. The Redskins are a Top 10 in the NFL rush defense. It's a defense that is SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED TO INVITE THE OPPOSITION TO RUN. We do it ON PURPOSE. And we're Top 10. D'Pablo says Carter gets pushed back 20 yards. He never has. Though, D'Pablo did say it was on every big run against us and we've only given up ONE big run all year.

Specifically 8th overall in rush defense, possibly moving up if Marshawn Lynch has a big game tonight.

8th overall in pass defense as well, and 3rd overall in total defense (1st in the NFC), as well as T3rd (w/ New England!) overall in scoring defense (1st in the NFC).

Archived