Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Andre Carter is improved

D'Pablo

Is there a caveat to rule #5 that I am not aware of? Are personal attacks tolerated on this message board or not?

Sigh. Right when things begin to settle down something like this, ( well. It does save me from having to take a few man cards if the mushy stuff kept going ;) ).

Dear Art,

I Do apologize because I would never question knowing the rules more then you or any of the ES Staff. I read the rules I understand on how the ES Staff memebers are the selected group of individuals and why they are there. I really dont mean to offend or harm anyone here and I can admit to when im wrong.

Thanks man. I appreciate that. Cheers.

Is there a caveat to rule #5 that I am not aware of? Are personal attacks tolerated on this message board or not?

Read the rule. Seriously. Why is it so hard to actually READ the rule. All of it. Every bit of it. All the words matter. Especially, for example, all those you apparently haven't read. There's no caveat. There's an inability to read. Nothing more. Nothing less.

OK, so can you elaborate?

Already have. Several times. Even said so a few posts earlier.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=4267458

Especially when he obviously doesn't know what Rule #5 actually is, even though both Art & myself have explained it on this very board almost on a weekly basis since the season started.

Oh, and he may want to revisit Rule #15, as he's in violation of it. Just sayin. ;)

Go dig through either of our posting history & you'll find it. I'll even be nice and give you a date to narrow it down on. Monday nite/Tuesday morning of the Eagles game. Do a little bit of leg work. When you find it, you'll be more apt to remember it because you had to a little bit of work to find it.

anyways.......carter has been a highlight so far this season...what's to complain about in that department? he is quietly going about his business. can't wait to see how he does against the Boys - 1 or 2 sacks would be very nice indeed. GW can..and has...schemed around run defense issues....a strength for Rogers...one might note.

Read the rule. Seriously. Why is it so hard to actually READ the rule. All of it. Every bit of it. All the words matter. Especially, for example, all those you apparently haven't read. There's no caveat. There's an inability to read. Nothing more. Nothing less.

I read it, re-read it and then read it thrice. Every bit of it.

The things that stood out were the following:

1. Don't post material that is insulting, abusive and hateful.

2. Personal attacks would not be tolerated.

3. Free debate within the parameters outlined in rule #5 is welcome and diversity of opinion lies at the heart of a good debate.

Whew!

Now this was a ride.

And Art, you hit it on the head with this comment.

But, we may also assure those who've decided to rub the noses of fans here in THEIR stink when we're having a bad week at least feel the sting of their actions when we have a good one. You're just going to have to understand that and come to embrace it, cause, THAT ain't gonna change.

I read it, re-read it and then read it thrice. Every bit of it.

The things that stood out were the following:

1. Don't post material that is insulting, abusive and hateful.

2. Personal attacks would not be tolerated.

3. Free debate within the parameters outlined in rule #5 is welcome and diversity of opinion lies at the heart of a good debate.

Seriously, then, you're too stupid to be here.

If there's an "or otherwise" in the first sentence, what might it mean? Might it connect the list to the bar? Has anyone here said anything about D'Pablo, or anyone else, that reflects something outside of this board or that is personal in nature? No one here, that I've seen, knows D'Pablo. He's even helped us to know he has a life outside this board that none of us know, so, no one has threatened him or addressed him at all personally.

You know that's what a personal attack or threat is, right? You know it's not actually drawing a conclusion from a person's words on the board, which, is the specifics of what we ask people to do.

Now, it's been explained. It won't be again to you. If you simply refuse to get it, I'll ban you, because, I don't think you're this stupid. I think you simply think you know something I wrote better than me.

fpickering, I didn't get it either. Then I got called stupid, and got banned for a day. Then I got wiser. PM me, and I'll tell you how.

You didn't get that wise, Dan. I'm tired of seeing you involved in every single thread like this in the exact same way. It won't continue.

I know what a personal attack is. The following are examples of personal attacks taken directly from this very thread:

1. "There's an inability to read. Nothing more. Nothing less."

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4268984&postcount=435

2. "And if you REALLY don't understand it, pretend like that's not the case, as that'd be embarrassing."

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4268989&postcount=436

3. "Seriously, then, you're too stupid to be here.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4269578&postcount=441

Has anyone here said anything about D'Pablo, or anyone else, that reflects something outside of this board or that is personal in nature? No one here, that I've seen, knows D'Pablo.

No offense, Art, but to tell me that saying "Andre Carter Sucks" is a personal insult, which I fully accept and apologize for, then "D'Pablo Sucks" is also a personal insult. It can't be both ways.

I know what a personal attack is. The following are examples of personal attacks taken directly from this very thread:

1. "There's an inability to read. Nothing more. Nothing less."

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4268984&postcount=435

2. "And if you REALLY don't understand it, pretend like that's not the case, as that'd be embarrassing."

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4268989&postcount=436

3. "Seriously, then, you're too stupid to be here.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4269578&postcount=441

Seriously, Pick, you don't, apparently, know what a personal attack is. Note the rule is carefully crafted not to say a personal insult is not allowed. It specifically requests and tasks each member stay within the content on the board in all replies. Each thing said to you was directly referencing your own words here. I have no idea what or who you are personally. I have brought no knowledge of you as a person outside of this board beyond the content of your post.

Had I done so, I would have made a personal attack. There are people here who know each other outside this board. They may even make personal attacks against each other if they have a falling out, as we've seen in the past. The request people stay within the content of the board is to assure that you at least focus on what you're discussing and not who you are discussing it with.

So, again, despite being clearly told what a personal attack was, you respond, immediately that you actually know what it is. No, you don't. You knew wrong. And you refuse to allow us to help you know better. Thus I've made the comments about your apparent intelligence. Honestly, here, what you've cited aren't personal attacks. They are insulting to you personally, sure, but I defined a personal attack and your idiocy prevented you from saying, "Oh, gotcha. Thanks."

But, understand, in all cases you don't understand something, you should always feel free to ask. All you have to do is actually APPLY the answer to the rest of your thoughts. Once you do that, you're gold man.

No offense' date=' Art, but to tell me that saying "Andre Carter Sucks" is a personal insult, which I fully accept and apologize for, then "D'Pablo Sucks" is also a personal insult. It can't be both ways.[/quote']

Funny, D'Pablo, but that was the point I was making to you. In one breath to feign that having the words "D'Pablo sucks" as a severe attack against you with the defense that you didn't attack anyone, I simply applied your logic to your statement. If you believe you were attacked, you believe you attacked Carter, and you said you didn't. I don't actually think you did, but, using your own comments further, if his performance as a player allows for an assessment of him that he "sucks" then your performance as a poster allows the same. No difference.

The specifc concern I had here with you was YOU KNEW what you did when you wrote this post. And you knew what you should have done both in the first place and later. It was pure, unabashed trolling. By your own admission. And I think we've moved on from it since your clarification post very late in this thread.

Do you really want to keep talking about it?

• 1 year later...

Archived