Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Andre Carter is improved

D'Pablo

I was calling Carter "one dimensional" in this thread, and I think it's been true this year. He also had never dominated an offensive lineman in his Skins career.

Looks like he has been working really hard on his moves. He got his most pressure with an inside pass rush. He was a beast yesterday, he man handled that O lineman. I didn't think he had it in him to dominate a game. I was wrong!! Hopefully he can do the as well against the Packers, who have a much better O Line.

D'Pablo=Example for all future posters, don't say anything about a player that you wouldn't say to their face.

I'm sure Andre Carter has heard people tell him to his face that run-stopping is not his forte, and I'm sure it made him mad, but he didn't do anything about it... Would anyone like to volunteer to be the first to walk up to Andre The Giant, and Tell him boldly "YOU SUCK!"... I PROMISE that wouldn't end well..

In the past months we might actually close a thread like this, but, I hope, today, this thread NEVER closes. I hope this thread is an example for people who don't get it that there's fan behavior and statements and there's THIS.

And when you go toward this, you will be made to feel uncomfortable by the blessed swarm and indeed, the swarm is STILL blessed. If what's happened in this thread makes even ONE SINGLE person stop and think before making a breathless, foolish post, then it will never close.

Art, etc: To help ensure people really receive the lesson, it might be worth editing the OP with links to what the heck's going on. I eventually waded through several pages (on 16 now) to get the gist of the story, but I still haven't stumbled over the heart of the matter.

"Andre doesn't suck....matter of fact he's probably one of the better speed rushers in the league.

But he's not a guy who'll "bull rush" linemen and he struggles on occasion in containment and stuffing the run.

I think that's the problem here. Alot of people are expecting the total package or the next Manley or Mann out of AC.

I didn't expect that and I think I've been pretty happy with his performance and improvement since this time last year."

I said this in another thread and I was wrong.....Andre you manhandled that Tackle yesterday and you did a great job in containment.....I admit when I'm wrong. Great job and keep up the great work :cheers:

Originally Posted by elkabong82

I love how offended the "realists" get when they are held accountable. Yet they don't seem to think their outlandish comments are offensive to others, or more importantly, to the coaches and players.

It is those comment that come often and with vigor that get old for me.

Once in a while....everyone has a bad hair day.....except of course PCS (jokes ....just jokes) and we can all say something in the heat of the moment.

However, the continued negativity gets old.......and like you said..when called on it.......they didnt mean it..or just joking....or whatever the excuse.

Yes, there is a swarm mentality at times. Those of us who have been here forever used to be able to police ourselves with little effort. Now it takes the swarm at times to make changes.

What I find funny (not ha ha) are those who will say there is a mob swarm mentality and berate those that are swarming and then lead the swarm when it suits them.

There have been many threads started about players or player that I really like and I try to post rebuttal based on fact not emotion. That is not always the case....nor is it easy. I have bookmarked those threads and often said I was going to bump them when the said player made the team or proved over and over how deserving he is to be on this team. But I havent. I may change that philosophy now.....in light of this thread.

I dont always agree with the mods........Art and I have a passive/agressive relationship. He is a big koala bear.......and I dont always argee with him. I would think he would not want people to agree with him all the time just because he is a mod. He might SAY he likes it......but I think ART likes a challenge.

I'm surprised no one has hit on this. It seems like every long run against the skins has involved this guy getting shoved back 20 yards. He can't hold his ground at all. He has two sacks on the season and people are willing to forget that he gets run over constantly. I'm surprised teams haven't been running to his side more often considering the success last season. It should be a crime for our coaches to allow a 252lbs DE out on the field on every down.

wtf?

Just ouch.

I went through a mix of emotions reading this thread. I felt a little sorry for the guy who started it at first then I got mad with him for being such a jerk, then I forgave him that and felt like you guys had given him a hard time over it. Then I read what happened when he came back for more and now I wish that that "spanked" section would come back.

I am pretty sure I have said some dumb things on here before now (mainly due to lack of knowledge) but crikey if you do say something that bad then just take it on the chin. I loved the "owned" thing, that was a great montage. I don't like to see people get picked on much and I think that some people should lay off it a little as it got a little harsh for a few pages but other than that it might be worth letting the humourless folks know that they might well get mocked a little for making dumb statements.

If it cuts down on the amount of negativity then I am all for it. I think some people need to learn the difference between critique and criticism.

Could this be the 2007 version of Die Hard's 2005 thread stating the Cowboys would kill us in December?

(Except DH had a sense of humor about it and posted every week thereafter that we would get killed)

I'm sure he's going to be tickled you brought this up...

Archived