Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Andre Carter is improved

D'Pablo

This site is great for taking people to task over their posts. That's a good thing. But forcing someone to apologize or change their position is ridiculous. He doesn't need to apologize for anything. He's entitled to his position, regardless of how stupid it is.

This site is great for taking people to task over their posts. That's a good thing. But forcing someone to apologize or change their position is ridiculous. He doesn't need to apologize for anything. He's entitled to his position, regardless of how stupid it is.

Well then maybe he should just apologize for subjecting us to his stupid position.

Actually, no Steve.

No one is entitled to be wrong. You aren't entitled to say something entirely untrue and refuse all fact and shared reality when asked to face it. You're entitled to have the data in front of you and form an intelligent thought. And when you don't, you'd better be ready to get hammered on it.

And we know there are many on here who flip flop on their posts within 20 minutes of posting, don't we.

Being the guy who 'started' all this commotion, I think its beyond funny that the guy who started a pretty harsh, cruel call-out of a Redskin player thread (entirely unjustified in most fan's eyes to boot) is outraged because someone (me) inserted HIS name in the thread title. Everything was damn fine until someone said HE sucked :laugh:

Come on.

Thats good stuff.

So maybe the lesson is, don't post threads telling people they suck. Especially when they don't. I'll take the lesson to heart if you will D'Pablo :)

And getting a sense of humor would be good too.

Being the guy who 'started' all this commotion, I think its beyond funny that the guy who started a pretty harsh, cruel call-out of a Redskin player thread (entirely unjustified in most fan's eyes to boot) is outraged because someone (me) inserted HIS name in the thread title. Everything was damn fine until someone said HE sucked :laugh:

Come on.

Thats good stuff.

So maybe the lesson is, don't post threads telling people they suck. Especially when they don't. I'll take the lesson to heart if you will D'Pablo :)

And getting a sense of humor would be good too.

Seems like he may be a lil stubborn. Maybe he'll come around after AC gets to Favre next week.

I'm not seeing your point.

The point is that people go from one extreme to another about this team in a matter of minutes.

Case in point:

October-7th-2007, 12:26 PM

Posted By stevenaa

Re: OFFICIAL GAME THREAD SKINS/lions

Normally I'm excited to watch the game. Not many are televised. But, I had no emotion about watching the game. You just expect this crappy execution.

October-7th-2007, 01:20 PM

Posted By stevenaa

Re: OFFICIAL GAME THREAD SKINS/lions

THe play calling sucks. This is horrible. Now we give them the ball back. Terrible, terrible, terrible play calling.

And then you are so excited that you post a thread about how GREAT it will be on the board this week?

I realize we all wonder about the games and get excited on the game thread........but according to your first post, this is how you felt all week.

THAT is flip flop.

I've had my doubts about Carter as well since he signed, but he has been our most consistent pass rusher this season. Look, we're getting more pressure from our front four than most people (including myself) would have thought possible. He also hasn't been a liability against the run.

The point is that people go from one extreme to another about this team in a matter of minutes.

Case in point:

And then you are so excited that you post a thread about how GREAT it will be on the board this week?

I realize we all wonder about the games and get excited on the game thread........but according to your first post, this is how you felt all week.

THAT is flip flop.

Umm... Pwned.

D'Pablo, it seems you lack information you desparately need. Here you are, brother:

Crow Recipe

INGREDIENTS:

1 Small to medium enclosure

1 Crow, approximately 16" long

Duct tape, cut three pieces, each 3 to 4 inches in length

Dutch oven - fill with water to cover

1 large wooden mallet

Step 1:

Capture the crow. I'm telling you, it will "caw, caw, caw" like

murder, just so you know.

Step 2:

Once you have captured the bird, ready your duct tape to keep the

crow's beak firmly shut. Remember, a crow is much larger than, say,

the sweet morsel of a tit mouse, and must be handled firmly rather

than casually (batting it about until it's senseless). You simply

can't do this with crows, so ready your duct tape.

Step 3:

Wrap that duct tape from one side of the bird's beak to the other. If

you do not steady the beak first, you may end up with a few randy

bites plus that hideous caw-ing will not be stopped until you do so.

Wrap the tape round and round until the bird's beak is firmly closed

and it can no longer make a sound, all the while making sure the nose

holes (or as referred to technically, the "nares") are not

obstructed.

Step 4:

On the counter, near the stove, tape (with the remaining pieces of

tape) down each foot of the crow's.

Step 5:

With the dutch oven filled with water, enough to cover the entire

crow, light the fire beneath it until it begins to boil, the water

that is, not the crow.

Step 6:

Place the mallet close to the crow's feet. Watch the eyes of the crow

when you do this one small thing.

(Note: Not to alarm you but the bird will not stand still for all of

these goings-on and will struggle desperately, which is all part of

it, I'm afraid. But, please, continue on.)

Step 7:

This is the part when even I get a little queasy, because it seems to

pain the bird so much. Well, we have to now, don't we? So, let's

proceed...

Ahem, take on a snarly cat face, look scary and grisly...

grab that mallet (quit shaking, it must be done)...

grab that mallet, the one close to the crow's feet...

the one next to the water pot boiling...

and bring it down with the hardest thwack, you have in your power with

which to do so, directly onto...

the counter AS NEAR TO the crow, as possible!

No, no, don't kill the crow. This wouldn't be at all humane. You don't

actually eat the thing. Good gracious. They're nasty tasting birds,

crows are. You simply scare the living daylights out of it. Trust me,

once you let it go it will never "caw, caw, caw" like that again.

Oh, yes...

Step 8:

Tell the bird it's noise is abominable and ask it, "will you promise

to never speak so harshly again?" It will, undoubtedly, reply with an

apologetic "yes!" at which time you can take the tape from its beak

and feet and let it go. But, dear lord, don't eat the thing.

OR

You could avoid all of this by simply apologizing to your favorite player and mine, Andre Carter. I stongly advise this course of action, brother.

Archived