Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

**** the Cowboys

Big Weirdo

Has the NFL Network ever rebroadcast the 1972 NFC Championship game? I know it doesn't mean much outside DC, but it means a lot to Redskins fans here, and most Redskins fans couldn't watch the game on TV because of blackout rules. (In fact, the NFL changed those rules as a direct result of Congressional hearings because of this.) Even though the Redskins would lose the Super Bowl in two weeks to a very good team that was NOT the greatest of all time, this game is still special because we beat the Cowboys and we whipped them good.

Anybody know anything at all about this?

I'm sure that TV footage is long gone.

I've always wanted to hear the radio broadcast, though. Not sure who was in the booth for the Redskins that day, but I'm sure it was an exciting broadcast.

Sometimes I try to engage in intelligent conversation on Cowboyszone but it's next to complete impossible.  I engage in talks about the Redskins on several other forums and it's actually quite reasonable at times, but Cowboyszone takes perspective to a whole new level.  They know absolutely ZERO about other teams but love to talk about them.  This one is my favorite regarding Revis.

The Pats are afraid of the Broncos so they got Revis, the Broncos are trying to be more like the Seahawks so they got Ware. Both are players past their prime getting over paid. By season end their fans will be rueing these deals. Just like the Cowboys would if they got Allen. List the high value FA's that have ever paid off, Carr being one.

Sometimes I try to engage in intelligent conversation on Cowboyszone but it's next to complete impossible. I engage in talks about the Redskins on several other forums and it's actually quite reasonable at times, but Cowboyszone takes perspective to a whole new level. They know absolutely ZERO about other teams but love to talk about them. This one is my favorite regarding Revis.

The Pats are afraid of the Broncos so they got Revis, the Broncos are trying to be more like the Seahawks so they got Ware. Both are players past their prime getting over paid. By season end their fans will be rueing these deals. Just like the Cowboys would if they got Allen. List the high value FA's that have ever paid off, Carr being one.

There are a lot of good posters there. Not many of them are posting right now, but they're there. Right now, its high comedy on that site.

• 1 month later...

Does this mean we get to call him "Sean Knee" now?

Call him as you please.

Dude needs to retire now before he ends up wheel chair ridden for the rest of his life. Made of glass lol

Yeah seriously, I dont wish injury upon anyone but the RGKnee crap is just low class.

Same as people calling romo - *omo. It's all people can do. Rhyme something similar and think it's clever.

• Like 1

Call him as you please.

Dude needs to retire now before he ends up wheel chair ridden for the rest of his life. Made of glass lol

Same as people calling romo - *omo. It's all people can do. Rhyme something similar and think it's clever.

I don't see many people on this board calling Romo that?

I don't see many people on this board calling Romo that?

Not here. Just in general. It's pretty comical watching games with people and there rgknee comebacks and such!

That's gotta hurt.

Chances of sean lee playing all 16 games in a season??

Better chance of winning the lottery 3 times, while being struck by lightning.

I'm a huge Penn State guy and loved watching Sean Lee play in college.  Was not happy when he became a Cowboy, but this is beyond what any player deserves.  The guy has had nothing but bad luck in this department since he entered the league.  I'll bet he winds up becoming a great coach once he decides to hang it up.

Not here. Just in general. It's pretty comical watching games with people and there rgknee comebacks and such!

Chances of sean lee playing all 16 games in a season??

Better chance of winning the lottery 3 times, while being struck by lightning.

Sucks for him. Best wishes to the guy. Cowpoke or not I hate to see a potentially great career jeopardized by injury.

I'm a huge Penn State guy and loved watching Sean Lee play in college.  Was not happy when he became a Cowboy, but this is beyond what any player deserves.  The guy has had nothing but bad luck in this department since he entered the league.  I'll bet he winds up becoming a great coach once he decides to hang it up.

I agree. SL has the heart of a lion, the body of a pencil.