Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

**** the Cowboys

Big Weirdo

'I Don't Care!' Cowboys' KaVontae Turpin Takes Bold Stance Against New NFL Rule

"I don't care (about the new rule), because I'm not fair-catching nothing,'' says Cowboys Pro Bowler KaVontae Turpin.

FRISCO - The 2023 NFL season has itself a controversial new rule change that will surely mean fewer kickoff returns. ... unless Dallas Cowboys return man KaVontae Turpin gets his way. "I don't care,'' Turpin said. What is the Pro Bowl return man's reasoning? First, to the new NFL plan: Under the new rule, if a kickoff returner calls for a fair catch anywhere inside the 25-yard line, the result will be the same as a touchback. Instead of the ball being placed at the 20-yard line, the ball will now be placed at the 25-yard line.

While the rule could be beneficial in some ways - the NFL believes it has upgraded its level of safety with the change - it will create a difference in the way many people involved in the game do their jobs. Indeed, Kansas City Chiefs coach Andy Reid has voiced concern that the league is turning itself into "flag football.''

And Turpin is apparently siding with Reid here.

"I don't care (about the new rule), because I'm not fair-catching nothing,'' said Turpin, who made the Pro Bowl last year as an electric rookie coming into the league from the USFL, via DallasCowboys.com. "I'm being real with you — nothing.''

That seems like a bold statement, though Turpin is not the only kick returner who claims he won't be taking part in anything having to do with the new rule change.

Green Bay Packers All-Pro kick returner Keisean Nixon called the new rule "irrelevant" and made sure everyone new he wouldn't abide by it. 

"I ain't never fair caught anything," Nixon said earlier this week.

These are impressive and attention-getting flexes from the fellas. But before a guy like Turpin makes it sound like he's in charge of the decision? He might want to have a strategy session with coaches Mike McCarthy and "Bones'' Fassel, you know, just to make sure he's not "going rogue.''

Yes, please...I beg you...run it out for our sake.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cowboys RB Ronald Jones has been suspended for two games for violating the league’s policy on performance-enhancing substances.

Where do we start? Jones rushed 17 times for 70 yards and one touchdown last season with the Chiefs, with the majority of his work coming in a meaningless Week 18 game against the Raiders. Jones joined the Cowboys on a one-year, $1.23 million deal earlier this offseason and is competing for the right to play RB2 behind Tony Pollard. Jones is listed behind several players on the Cowboys’ unofficial depth chart and could face an uphill battle to make the roster with this suspension. RoJo truther and former Rotoworlder Pat Kerrane was unable to be reached for comment due to poor cell phone reception on his yacht.

3m ago

Source: Field Yates

https://www.nbcsports.com/fantasy/football/player-news

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, so now I'm hearing that Jerruh made this trade without telling McCarthy or Dak about this trade. Does that mean anything? If this is true, something tells me Jerruh is gonna force his guy in when Dak starts playing bad or gets hurt. This is Dak...he will start playing bad or get hurt.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...