Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

**** the Cowboys

Big Weirdo

Heh. In dame retrospect looks like our Skins did play the spoiler role. nice

I must get that Jones gif. Must have it.

Cowboys QB Tony Romo has been ruled out the rest of the season due to his back injury, per league source.

Heh. In damn retrospect looks like our Skins did play the spoiler role. Nice. Very nice.

So my new neighbors come over for a drink.  They're from Western PA.  I try to start a nice conversation.

"Sorry about your Steelers."

"Actually, I'm a Cowboys fan."

<shock>  I gather myself. 

"A Cowboys fan?"

"Yup."

<pause>

"Have you ever flown over Dallas?"

"Nope."

I found this laughable:

"Dallas Cowboys owner/general manager Jerry Jones, a postseason spectator for the fourth consecutive year, is in favor of expanding the NFL playoffs."

Maybe if he said it BEFORE they were eliminated for the third straight year it wouldn't sound like the Marines having to institute a "flexed arm hang".

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/10237964/jerry-jones-dallas-cowboys-favor-expanding-nfl-playoffs

Maybe if he said it

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has the NFL Network ever rebroadcast the 1972 NFC Championship game? I know it doesn't mean much outside DC, but it means a lot to Redskins fans here, and most Redskins fans couldn't watch the game on TV because of blackout rules. (In fact, the NFL changed those rules as a direct result of Congressional hearings because of this.) Even though the Redskins would lose the Super Bowl in two weeks to a very good team that was NOT the greatest of all time, this game is still special because we beat the Cowboys and we whipped them good.

Anybody know anything at all about this?

Has the NFL Network ever rebroadcast the 1972 NFC Championship game? I know it doesn't mean much outside DC, but it means a lot to Redskins fans here, and most Redskins fans couldn't watch the game on TV because of blackout rules. (In fact, the NFL changed those rules as a direct result of Congressional hearings because of this.) Even though the Redskins would lose the Super Bowl in two weeks to a very good team that was NOT the greatest of all time, this game is still special because we beat the Cowboys and we whipped them good.

Anybody know anything at all about this?

The NFL doesn't even have a full game tape of SB VII so I highly doubt they have any meaningful footage of that 26-3 beatdown.

• 2 months later...