Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN: Bob Barker backs Rosie O'Donnell for 'The Price is Right'

AsburySkinsFan

Bob Barker backs Rosie O'Donnell for 'The Price is Right'

POSTED: 12:22 p.m. EDT, June 16, 2007

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- Bob Barker endorsed his friend Rosie O'Donnell as a possible successor on "The Price Is Right," although the newly retired host isn't sure CBS wants a woman to take over the game show.

"I believe they're going to have a meeting with Rosie," Barker said backstage Friday night at the Daytime Emmy Awards, where he won his 19th trophy.

"She knows the show," he said. "There's no doubt in my mind she could do the show. Now, whether they want a lady host, I don't know. I've never heard that discussed. As far as I know, they've only auditioned men."

Barker said his friendship with O'Donnell goes back several years, when she had him as a guest on her old daytime talk show.

"She told me she loved 'The Price Is Right' and wanted to host it one day," he recalled.

Among those mentioned as possible replacement hosts have been Todd Newton of the E! network, Mark Steines of "Entertainment Tonight," George Hamilton and John O'Hurley.

Barker retired last week at age 83 after 35 years of giving away vacations and cars on the hit CBS game show. But he said he may be back with some specials featuring vintage clips and guests.

"If it works out, I'd like to do that," he said.

I clicked on this to read the punchline. I didn't see it but saw there was no link, and just figured it was an dry humor joke. Then I checked CNN.com "just in case".

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/06/16/barker.odonnell.ap/index.html

:doh::doh::doh:

Oh well, I work during the day anyway and haven't seen the show in I don't know how many years, so what the heck who cares:silly:

I'd like someone who is young who will be on it for a long time for the role... If the one thing The Price Is Right has realized is that the viewer loyalty isn't just for the show, it's for the host as well...

So I'd like to nominate Carson Daily...

Oh, come on, folks. What's with all the Rosie bashing?

Name me one person who says "Poor trailer trash will act like an idiot on national TV for enough Wal-Mart goodies to fill his double-wide" better than Rosie?

:)

Even if you do nominate Johnny Carson every single day until the position is filled, he ain't comin' back. :(

I agree that he'd be great though. :)

That's what I was thinking... I mean he's what 35 or so? He's still got another 50 years in him...

Ade Jimoh?

What about that stellar corner we cut I forget his name, but, it was like Max Power... supposedly really good in the CFL.... He wanted the word to get back to Washington...

Maybe we can send the word to LA

She'll have to alter Bob's famous tagline: "Here's a reminder, have your pet spayed or neutered.

Rosie's will be: "Here's a reminder, the United States ****ing sucks!" (crotch grab)

No, hers will be "Don't forget to have your Republicans and Soldiers spayed or neutered."

Rosie is too much about herself. A game show host has to defer and let the contestants have their moments and only really interject their personality to spice things up occassionally. Rosie is an attention hog. I think she could be a good game host of like a dating show or newlywed game type show or any show that involves banter and wink wink kind of stuff, but the Price is Right would be a bad fit.

On top of that, she hasn't been funny in fifteen years. Some of my friends who do stand up said that once upon a time she was absolutely hilarious. I must have missed that moment in her life.

No, hers will be "Don't forget to have your Republicans and Soldiers spayed or neutered."

Okay, that might be worth having her on the show. Can we get O'Reilly and Rush as contestants :silly:

Then again, we stopped eugenics here in the 1970's and that was for the best.

Among those mentioned as possible replacement hosts have been Todd Newton of the E! network, Mark Steines of "Entertainment Tonight," George Hamilton and John O'Hurley.

George Hamilton or John O' Hurley would be great for the show. Who doesn't want to see Peterman from Seinfeld hosting a game show? :)

Archived