Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

Personally, I would like for them to wear the same uniform at home for all their home games- whatever one that might be. By wearing the same uniform at home, it sets consistency and helps with creating a home field advantage.

In other words, "These are our home uni's and when you come to our stadium know this is what we're wearing every time and we're going to beat the **** out of you"! Not a fan of being all over the place with the uni's at home. Pick one as your home uniform and stick with it. 

Just my humble opinion on a windy, cold, January afternoon in Upstate N.Y.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CrypticVillain said:

The white on white jerseys were fire until they brightened the Burgundy.

I'm cool with a complete redesign though. Like someone said, it's long overdue. And whatever we do, I think the Arrow needs to be on the helmet.

no, no, way to bland and boring

• Haha 1

The arrow throwbacks from the Sonny era that DG wore for the 70th anny were my favs.  Had the arrow and the gold pants that Charlie Taylor wore.

I'd love for those to be our full time unis and then do some Gibbs era for throwback and some crazy schemes we've online in futuristic designs for the color rush game.

Wonder if we'll participate in those now that Brucifer is gone

• 1 month later...

Bump for this thread. Any word/rumors on uniform updates for the season?

I figure this would be a good time now that dan has "turned a new leaf" so to speak.

I wish they would go with a matte burgundy metallic, kinda like the vikings helmets but with our logo, I think it would look nice. Also maybe bolder colors on the uni, instead of the muted reddish burgundy they have now.

28 minutes ago, carex said:

why do people like all white uniforms on anyone?  I hate seeing that look on anyone let alone the Skins

I can't speak for anyone else and I know I'm in the minority but I love all-white uniforms (with the right helmets). The saints for instance, especially their slick alternate...such a good look. 

The real issue with all-white imo is that the NFL doesn't allow an alternate helmet to go with looks like that. Gotta have the same helmet all the time no matter what for marketing reasons, pretty much. 

On 1/16/2020 at 11:32 AM, CrypticVillain said:

redskins-white-uniforms-112015-usnews-tw

hWxf9Fqn_400x400.jpeg

I'm cool with a complete redesign though. Like someone said, it's long overdue. And whatever we do, I think the Arrow needs to be on the helmet.

I agree, as much as I love it, we need to get the Indian off of the helmet and go back to the arrow with feathers. I think that would help some with the anti-Redskins protestors.

12 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

I always liked this helmet.Washington-Redskins-throwback-replica-helmet-1970-1971.jpg

that's a great helmet, would love to see it in burgundy to see what that looks like.

I have a black Redskins Sean Taylor jersey with all of our usual colors in the numbers and stripes. It's my favorite look and the Skins have never had a black jersey. This would be a cool Thursday night jersey with black pants for the boys to come out in rather than the yellow ones. The players would love it. You can find the jersey on Fanatics for $100.....check it out if you haven't seen it.

1 hour ago, Redskins Reparations said:

There was a Nike uniform concept for the Chiefs that came out a few years ago that I cannot find.  The helmet had a native american headdress that looked sick that the Redskins could certainly pull off.  

Was this it:

c7f538b44d98de1a626fa42397548138.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

I have a black Redskins Sean Taylor jersey with all of our usual colors in the numbers and stripes. It's my favorite look and the Skins have never had a black jersey. This would be a cool Thursday night jersey with black pants for the boys to come out in rather than the yellow ones. The players would love it. You can find the jersey on Fanatics for $100.....check it out if you haven't seen it.

Pic to share?

2 hours ago, carex said:

why do people like all white uniforms on anyone?  I hate seeing that look on anyone let alone the Skins

Makes the grass stains pop...and when ya got grass stains ya know damn well you've been gettin down!

Keep as close to the original colors as possible...untill a name change, keep it all original 

1 hour ago, bakedtater1 said:

Makes the grass stains pop...and when ya got grass stains ya know damn well you've been gettin down!

well you know what?  I don't want any grass stains on my players.  I want them staying up right on offense and on defense I want them tackling people from the front and landing on top of them

I agree with the darker burgundy being the better look but the pics below, I'm pretty sure, are the same color. Just the difference between a day game and night game. I dont think they have made any recent changes to the burgundy color.

My personal choice would be to use the throwback jersey and pants that had the faux leather helmets but...

1. The helmets are the darker burgundy with the current logo only a little bigger and no center stripes. The dark gray / black face mask too. Our logo is not the issue. It is the name people have a problem with. I disagree, but that is for a different post.

2. Put an arrow on the sleeves of the jersey, no stripes

3. Socks are single bold burgundy up high and white below. Like the pic underneath.

image.png.598c3faa70b7f3eb6520a564e834ad6a.png

On 1/16/2020 at 10:32 AM, CrypticVillain said:

redskins-white-uniforms-112015-usnews-tw

hWxf9Fqn_400x400.jpeg

1 hour ago, Redskins Reparations said:

That's a bit too busy for my tastes...I am trying to think of somehow using the helmet design below to tastefully update the single feather and make it into a headdress:

Here is a Redskin helmet design that uses a type of headdress:

newredskinshelmet2.jpg?resize=640,478%20

• Sad 1