Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

I really think the marketing whiz kids over in Ashburn missed the bus on this one. They should have went all black with burgandy numbers and lettering I think players and fans alike would dig that and they would probably sell a boatload of jerseys. Not that black is an official color or anything,  but our official logo has about as much black as the Shehawks logo has that stupid lime green color.  It's also a nice middle finger to Goodell..

• Like 3

Not a big fan of the gold on gold, however I think that color scheme could be nice once it see it live instead of conceptually.  

I was was kind of hoping that it would be a Redskins burgundy on white; like the eighties. 

I remember Dallas week in Dallas would always mean the skins would wear burgundy jerseys. Seeing how Gibbs a football life just aired, had me thinking about that era. 

Now, just smash the Cowboys.  

HTTR

• Thanks 1

I'm glad they went burgundy over burgundy. I guess I just wish that was the plan all along. Something doesn't sit right with Bruce Allen basically opting out of something that every other team in the league is participating in. Why are we special? Seattle had to wear all neon green. Traditional uniform teams like the Raiders and Steelers have done it too. What makes a bottom-third NFL team over the past two decades so special that we thought we could do our own thing? It's this type of organizational arrogance that is pervasive and a big issue. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RonBurgandy said:

I don't care if we wear pink on blue, 5-7 doesn't have a color. Whatever color we wear better be the color that gets us to 6-6.

Yeah yeah yeah - no one truly believes the uniforms are more important than results. But in this thread, we like to discuss it. I personally love uniform talk and get excited with tweaks or updates haha

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Yeah yeah yeah - no one truly believes the uniforms are more important than results. But in this thread, we like to discuss it. I personally love uniform talk and get excited with tweaks or updates haha

I feel ya. Sorry for the bitterness. I'm still upset that I didn't invest in Bitcoin 4 years ago. Does this mean we get to see Jay G in a Color Rush Onesie on the sidelines?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sebestian said:

Not a big fan of the gold on gold, however I think that color scheme could be nice once it see it live instead of conceptually.  

I was was kind of hoping that it would be a Redskins burgundy on white; like the eighties. 

I remember Dallas week in Dallas would always mean the skins would wear burgundy jerseys. Seeing how Gibbs a football life just aired, had me thinking about that era. 

Now, just smash the Cowboys.  

HTTR

I never liked the white pants.  They were just boring to me

You guys are taking it too serious saying BA and the Redskins think they are better than the NFL for not wanting to wear the gold uniforms. They are ugly and the FO simply don't want the team to wear them. Simple as that. What if someone told you that you had to wear a bright as **** yellow suit and shoes to work?  I think you would resist too. 

Like a few said Nike could come up with a modern uni for each team as an alternate and I think most teams would be on board with that. 

• Like 2