Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

I just read on PFT that the Browns are officially changing their unis for next season.  The helmet will remain the same, but the unis will be drastically different and modern.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/04/browns-unveiling-cutting-edge-uniforms-next-year/

Browns need someone to go ahead and finish that helmet design that someone left undone a million years ago. Maybe slap a tropicana sponsorship on it, not like it would make any less sense or make it any uglier than their old logo:

Brownie_Logo.gif

This logo may be ugly to some, but it makes sense as elves were often referred to as "Brownies".

Nike sucks. If we ever get new uniforms, I damn sure don't want Nike touching ours. I love new ideas and all...but they have done such a horrible job in the NFL, from the weird neck collars to uniform redesigns.

I agree Nike has been horrid since taking over the NFL uniform deal. Everything from smaller jerseys that look like T-shirts. To the abomination that have become the Tampa uniforms. Dear Lord please leave the Redskins uniforms alone. I miss the burgundy collar on the white jerseys. I really wish we declined the flywire collar like Greenbay and the Eagles did. Long live Reebok NFL equiptment. The best Jersey maker in my opinion.

• Like 1

I like these Browns unis:

107453_feature_display_image.jpg?1278383

====

Re: That Sonny Pic.  Yes, I agree, the "gold" is too dull.  I don't mind the current "gold" the team uses, but I would like it to be slightly darker (not 70th dark), and less shiny though.  

The Burgundy is spot on from the 80th and 70th.  That IS Burgundy.  The color the team calls "burgundy" now is closer to cranberry.  I want the team to go back to real burgundy (which is kinda like red / brown / purple mixed together).

I'm also a big fan of the idea of a "Gold" jersey.  I'd love to see a Burgundy Helmet / Gold Jersey / Burgundy Pants look.  That would be crazy and add a new twist to the classic B&G look.

• Like 1

I just read on PFT that the Browns are officially changing their unis for next season.  The helmet will remain the same, but the unis will be drastically different and modern.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/04/browns-unveiling-cutting-edge-uniforms-next-year/

This logo may be ugly to some, but it makes sense as elves were often referred to as "Brownies".

Browns need someone to go ahead and finish that helmet design that someone left undone a million years ago. Maybe slap a tropicana sponsorship on it, not like it would make any less sense or make it any uglier than their old logo:

Brownie_Logo.gif

Every time I see this logo I bust out laughing. Looks like something you'd find on a box of butter cookies from 1934. As for the orange pants, I'd like something like this:

Kosar-Sipe-Main.jpg

^

A metallic look would fudge (no pun intended) the hue up. Matching a dark top with white pants typically never goes over too well

modernthrowbackcust_zps9c0f979c.jpg

If we were to go in a new direction with our uniforms, this idea by httrMP is the most interesting one I've encountered.  For one thing, it has the upside of not requiring a separate pair of pants to go with a white/road jersey, as this shade of bronze-ish "gold" would work perfectly with white jerseys.  (Hell, those tan pants from last season's 1930s throwbacks would work fine with white jerseys, too.  And we'd have the distinction of being the only team in the NFL to sport tan pants, even though tan pants used to be the industry standard back in the early part of the 20th century, after Notre Dame had popularized them.  But I realize that most Redskin fans don't dig them because they're not really any kind of shade of "gold.")

3e6cdb707bf1de71b9a4041533239980.jpg

One of the things I've always liked about this jersey is the use of the burgundy stripe that runs vertically at the edges of the shoulders.  If we were to decide to sport gold pants all the time, we'd need something like this to add more burgundy to what is, after all, a mostly white jersey.  I think that's what seems so off to me about when we sport the 1970s road uniform combo: the pants are so gold and the jerseys are so white; it's just a weird juxtaposition, in my opinion.  If there was more burgundy on the jersey, as in the above image, I think that would do the trick.  However, if our official road uni combo were to feature burgundy pants -- whether of the dark "red wine" or lighter "cranberry" variety -- you wouldn't get any complaints from me.

As of this moment, though, I think I favor a kind of limited, middle-ground approach to altering our uniforms.  This approach would feature us sporting the road unis we wore prior to Bruce Allen joining the Redskins' front office (read: the burgundy pants and white jerseys of the Gibbs I & II Eras), and the home unis would look virtually identical to those of the past few years (read: the '70s-inspired gold pants with the current burgundy jerseys).  However, I would swap out the five-striped socks for the socks that are worn with the white pants, which feature a thick band of burgundy and a thin stripe of gold at the tops.  Yes, this doesn't harmonize the overall number-of-stripes discrepancy on the home unis.  But at least it kicks to the curb those annoyingly-distracting, overly-striped socks.  And this minimalist approach doesn't require the team to petition the commish for permission to do an official uniform change.

... As for the Bengals, I like everything about their unis but those damn helmets. Wow, your helmet is launching an amphibious assault on all 5 senses with tiger stripes. You go you.

I know I'm in the minority on this, but I've liked the Bengals' helmets ever since I saw them in Super Bowl XXIII.  Their prior helmets were terribly blah.  An orange helmet with the word "BENGALS" on either side?  Well, whoopty-freakin'-doo.  Moreover, I really liked their entire uniform combo back in the 1980s.  But now?  Their current unis, from the shoulders on down, are overly-complicated with way too many "design flourishes" for my taste.

The Burgundy is spot on from the 80th and 70th.  That IS Burgundy.  The color the team calls "burgundy" now is closer to cranberry.  I want the team to go back to real burgundy (which is kinda like red / brown / purple mixed together).

...and what you and some others call " real " burgundy, or " true " burgundy, is actually closer to maroon. :)

WashingtonRedskins_FRC_1968_SCC_SRGB.png

1968_Washington.png

2002_Washington.png

Edited by Spearfeather

Sitting Bull - Those uniforms look like something a painter wears at the end of a long work day.  Messy.  I would avoid buying one of those until Robert won his 2nd Super Bowl wearing it.  I also don't like the feather that is droopy and angled toward the front.  But, this is all just my opinion. 

Those are fantastic sitting bull! Is that a number on one side of the helmet and a feather design on the other?! Awesome. Love the fact that they are new and not just a touched up old jersey design.

Out with the old.

Edited by Destino

You be the judge, this:

spiller.jpeg

=====

Or this:

cj-spiller.jpg

well I guess there's no hope for me.  Overall I prefer the first uniform.  Thous I might like the lower one better if it had red pants or a red helmet I might like it better.  The new school uniform feels like it uses colors more, even though they're darker shades.  The old school uniform with the white helmet and white pants feels like it's just using the colors for accents.  Maybe I'd feel different if the player was standing straight and part of the jersey wasn't twisting away from me though

No black.  That's not one of the team's colors.

hey, the indian heads hair is black so it's a critical part of the team's color scheme for decades.  Anyway, white isn't one of the teams colors either.  If white can be a generic stand in so can black.

No black. That's not one of the team's colors.

How is black not one of the team colors? Look at the Redskins logo, one of the main colors is black! Black hair, black tip of feather, black cheeks and black eyes!

That black uniform design flows perfectly. And it's real hard! Unlike the Ronald Mc Donald unis

Edited by redskins55

How is black not one of the team colors? Look at the Redskins logo, one of the main colors is black! Black hair, black tip of feather, black cheeks and black eyes!

That black uniform design flows perfectly. And it's real hard! Unlike the Ronald Mc Donald unis

Black is used as a detail color, for keylines and the like.  A lot of teams can say the same.  That doesn't mean it's a part of their color scheme.

Saying that black is a featured part of the Skins color scheme is like saying the Steelers should include red and blue since those colors are featured in their logo.  How ridiculous would Pittsburgh look in a blue or red uniform?  But hey, it's featured in their logo.

• Like 2

I'm all for a black uni alternate. :shrug:

I guess it's just one of those polarizing things that half the fans will love and the other half will hate.  Talking uniforms is almost like talking politics....there's nothing anyone else can say that can change people's already formed opinions.

Cool avatar, by the way.

• Like 2

"Everyone" seems to have a black uniform nowadays. No thanks. It's neither intimidating nor cool looking. 75% of the teams in all sports who have a black uniform look ridiculous. I'd rather us not look ridiculous. Any Redskins fan that compares our uniforms with Ronald McDonald should have their mouth washed out with soap.

• Like 4

Those are fantastic sitting bull! Is that a number on one side of the helmet and a feather design on the other?! Awesome. Love the fact that they are new and not just a touched up old jersey design.

Out with the old.

I really like those too. I'd ditch the black ones, but would love to have any combination of the other jerseys and pants. I particularly like the look of using warpaint. I don't think that's been done in the past.