Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

Except for the Chargers (powder blue) Bills (OJ era) Eagles (Cunningham era) and Broncos(elways/80s) most throwback uniforms are garbage, ours included.

Ugh

I like the idea of throwbacks and something about Thanksgiving gives off a very traditional vibe. I just think that should be a day when teams that play where old-school uniforms. If you want to improve the throwbacks, that's fine with me. 

I like the idea of throwbacks and something about Thanksgiving gives off a very traditional vibe. I just think that should be a day when teams that play where old-school uniforms. If you want to improve the throwbacks, that's fine with me.

I'm ok with thanksgiving being used for throwbacks too but yeah we need to make them better across the league

::pats on back:: One day Momma, one day.

Still hoping one day Bruce gets over his infatuation with the Ronald McDonald yellow pants, and we go Burg/White & White/Burg or White/White once again.

White/Yellow is dreadful.

Appreciate it bro. One day indeed.

We need the burgundy pants and I'd even keep the gold. The id do something really different for our alternate but Bruce Allen is stuck in 1975 so we can enjoy these uniforms for next 45 years

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

• 2 weeks later...

Ha - Allen with the gluten free options again.

I've never seen someone be so comfortable going from "GM" to head of the team spirit committee with absolutely 0 regret about it

I'm sure he prefers it that way, he's the Allen figurehead and gets to do all the fun stuff.  The only way he gets fired at this point is if the Maryland crab sandwiches get recalled for contaminated meat

With that said - I wonder if they are going to do a revamp of the 80s type unis and bring those back, since this doesn't seem like it's any sort of official uniform change.  At worst, updating their current suite to make them more cohesive with each component would be nice.

I do have to admit, I like the gold pants with the white shirt, because the helmets and pants go together well with the white shirt in between.  I hope that combination stays depending on what they do...

• Like 2

Anthony Raposa@AnthonyRaposa 6h

6 hours ago

“We’re going to do some things this year that I think our fans are really going to like with the uniform.” - Bruce Allen #Redskins

I am at a complete loss as to what he could mean by this. He's too conservative and traditional for anything modern so it must just be another dated throwback. Yay

Yeah I don't mind the gold pants honestly, but we don't have to wear them 16 games a season. 8 would be fine and 8 in burgundy pants would work as well.

Of course, maybe Allen, fresh off his Norman recruiting and harvest fest successes, was feeling a little ballsy and also decided to to fix the striping to match across the jerseys helmets, pants and socks

I read an article yesterday that the players wanted to *WEAR!!! ll White against the Panthers last year and Allen said no. If so, that's messed up.

I need those all whites now more than ever. We got harder and ran faster in those jerseys. I promise lol

Edited by MLSKINS
  • Like 1

That Panthers game would have turned out a lot worse if Bruce had let them eat the all whites lol

But seriously, yeah he's too traditional when it comes to the jersey. When he says they are going to do something that the fans will really like, I'm sure he means the back of the helmet will have a sticker honoring his pops or something equally as lame

I read an article yesterday that the players wanted to eat ( wear ? ) all White against the Panthers last year and Allen said no. If so, that's messed up.

Can't wear pants you don't have. Although, there is no rule keeping us from having burgundy or white pants.

The rule is three pants colors. Our pants colors are gold, white, and the throwbacks. We could wear all white uniforms.

But Allen said when asked about that combination earlier this season that the look isn’t an option because the team no longer has burgundy pants.

I was thinking of this comment from Allen, and since we haven't seen the white pants in years, ... but we do wear them for training camp and practice ( didn't know if they were leftover from pre-Nike ) , but I guess it would be possible.

Edited by Spearfeather

Just a public service reminder that our colors are Burgundy and Gold. And the Gold in the uniform is a shade called Maize. If you want to look at one of the best uniform combinations in the history of the league please look at my avatar. Thank you.

• Like 1

I love our team colors.

The white on gold combo needs to go though. Such a lame look; most agree it seems after having to see them consistently for 5-6 seasons.

The nostalgic middle aged crowd that can't let go are entitled to their opinion but hopefully the team brings back the white or burgundy pants soon. The team looks so bland in them ; I guess at the end of the day it's not an important issue but white on gold is WEAKKKK.

The more burgundy, the better. Unless it's the all burgundys but even they're better than what we've been wearing on the road.

• Like 1