Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Feminization of America?

Destino

Well, since this is about as idiotic as most of his posts I'll only point out one thing. Did you really say women are trying to be as 'mentally advanced' as men? Its so wrong in so many ways I don't know how to combat it.

Candace, Blondie, Huly, HSF, HU-Bison - anything to say about it?

If someone would be so kind as to circumvent his ignore list by quoting this, I would be most appreciative.

Rince ... we all know that if women were as smart as men they would get paid the same.

It looks like Ali G was channeling MassSKinsFan at his Harvard address:

"A lot of you is probably feminists, or as we call them in England, 'lezzies,'" he said. "You women should only have to do half the housework. It's only fair that your mum should do the other half."

OK, so the extreme right, of course, thinks the liberal are at fault for all of this, why am I not surprised. . .

To say "Liberals want to give men vagina's and women penis' " is akin to saying Republicans start wars because they have a small dicks. . .therefor they have to extort their manhood (or lack of) outside the bedroom, because they are such crappy lovers. I mean why are bombs shaped like a big dick? So we can go around and say mine is bigger then yours?

Seriously, if you are looking at the "feminizing" of America, or the removal of testosterone in society, look at how society has changed over the years. Back in the Ozzie & Harriet times, you know, the times when segregation was rampart, people could afford a living on a single salary. Now, you need two salaries to make it in this world. Due to the outrageous cost of living increases, you need two incomes in order to have a family and to raise kids. Because of this, women are MUCH MUCH more a part of the workplace, and that is a GOOD thing!

I mean face it, white men still make 25% more then any other demographic in the workplace, and we still have it made. If women are in more prominent positions, all the more power to them, they've had to work twice as hard to get there, that is the way society is set up. It is STILL a glass ceiling for women and minorities, and although it is starting to change, we are still far behind.

So if you want to complain about the wussification of society, complain that you can't beat your wife anymore, call a black person a n****, whip your kids, and say the liberals are ruining our society, go right ahead and say so. Just remember, when you are calling up your buddy to bail your sorry ass out of jail, because the b**ch still hasn't learned to cook you supper right, it is the god damn liberals fault you are in jail.

edit: mods, sorry for using the word "dick" don't know if penis is more appropriate or if dick is tolerated, but I thought it flowed with the post better. . .

OK, so the extreme right, of course, thinks the liberal are at fault for all of this, why am I not surprised. . .

[/i]

Dude, maybe 2 people in this thread made any insinuation to blame it on liberals

Nevermind, actually 3 did

And I think most of us reasonable people know exactly what we are talking about. There aren't many Humphry Bogart type guys, a guys guy who stands up for himself, respects women and treats them right, but also knows that he is a protector and supposed to act like a man and isn't afraid of his own sexuality.

There isn't nearly enough of that now

As contrast with the "automatic" made comments so far, here's the "other" side, featuring the fact that there is common (correct) association (including in the thread) between violence and masculinity:

Males (and females) fighting in school: dramatically up over last generation (15-20 years).

Public fights by under-25 age group: significant rise. (I'm ignoring general crime stats--different, even if related, topic).

Creation, success and participation of extreme sports.

Success and imitation of macho-high-risk activity ala "jackass" (huge increase in hospitalizations and medical treatment due to related injuries).

Explosive success of popular media (music, movies, videos, video games) featuring violence and heavily emphasized sexualization of women.

Success and widespread imitations of pro wrestling and backyard versions.

Local fight clubs all over not having existed in such form 15 years ago.

Increased growth of young male demographics in supporting professional contact sports.

(BTW, you are not authorized to assume I am presenting all of the above in a dissaproving frame, I like a lot of it :D )

There are more indicators that familiar stereotypes of masculinity, and machoism are alive and well and even undergoing a growth spurt, but I offer this just as stuff to consider for the conversation besides the reflexive "sure they are."

My personal reaction does lean towards "thinking" I see a lot more (than in my teens/20's) of what I would call:

a "punk" (cowardly, stupid, demented) kind of violence.

celebration of wimpy :pooh: (emo-land).

guys who are men (say over 18) by chronology, but boys by behavior (immaturity, self-absorbed emotionality--i.e. whiny, silly, girly---girls love them for "pals", almost never sleep with them).

males living home off mom and dad a lot longer (but it really is harder financially these days).

But many actual social indicators, and a little critical thinking applied to my own "hard-azz side" personal remarks, do not seem to support any real overall "lessening" of masculinity in the culture.

Now as to male-female gender roles etc...that's another topic :laugh:

chom, it's not just the liberals who are at fault. The liberal mindset is PART of the problem, but the fact that families in general do not teach their children properly and abdicate that responsibility to the schools is a large part of the problem as well. Society shouldn't be teaching the feminization to our children, but the families need to stop allowing it to become the accepted norm in our homes and families as well.

As I said before, it's a moderation issue. women have become more Masculine and Men have become less Masculine. It's that simple. I believe the term that's been coined for the effect is called metrosexuality.

So if you want to complain about the wussification of society, complain that you can't beat your wife anymore, call a black person a n****, whip your kids, and say the liberals are ruining our society, go right ahead and say so. Just remember, when you are calling up your buddy to bail your sorry ass out of jail, because the b**ch still hasn't learned to cook you supper right, it is the god damn liberals fault you are in jail.

I have a feeling I have asked this of you before, but, so, generalize much?

I will refer back to my originial post in this thread where I pointed out the the difference between men and women is becoming less pronounced. Less emphasized. Which is silly. Men and Women are different from each other. There are obvious physical differences, along with emotive, intellectual and other differences as well.

There are some things as a man that I am better suited to do than my wife. And there are certainly some things as a woman that she is better suited for than I. That's the way things go. She doesn't try to prove her equality to me by lifting heavy boxes or mowing the lawn or whatever. And I don't try to prove my equality to her by spending my entire day with the kids every single day. I know she is gifted in some areas that I am not. So she does those things. I do some things that she isn't as good at doing. What's the bad in that?

Instead though, it seems as though society wants both sexes to be positively inter-changeable. I believe there are simply some jobs best suited for men and vice-versa, generally (there are always exceptions). And frankly, I don't see how that's such a bad thing.

BTW, Chom, that doesn't mean I want to beat my wife, call people n*****s, or the other wonderful things you lumped on me.

You see the feminization of the American male in Hollywood today. Fairies and sissy boys like Tom Cruise and Johnny Depp are prime examples. If the Duke were alive today, he'd smack the scientology right out of Cruise.

john%20wayne%20duke.jpg

From the mouth of our enemy Abu Bakr al Libbi. (see thread above on Al Qaida handbook):

"If the number of Americans killed is one tenth of the number of Russians killed in Afghanistan and Chechnya, they will flee, heedless of all else.

That is because the current structure of the American and Western military is not the same as the structure of their military in the era of colonialism.

They reached a stage of effeminacy which made them unable to sustain battles for a long period of time and they compensate for this with a deceptive media halo."

From the mouth of our enemy Abu Bakr al Libbi. (see thread above on Al Qaida handbook):

"If the number of Americans killed is one tenth of the number of Russians killed in Afghanistan and Chechnya, they will flee, heedless of all else.

That is because the current structure of the American and Western military is not the same as the structure of their military in the era of colonialism.

They reached a stage of effeminacy which made them unable to sustain battles for a long period of time and they compensate for this with a deceptive media halo."

Since when are you a supporter of his views? Al Qaeda is always a good source for information :doh:

Luckily our military is far superior to anything the Russians ever fielded and were able to wipe their *** all over Afghanistan without suffering 1/1000th of the casualties the Russians suffered.

Quite frankly I don't care what Abu Bakr al Libbi thinks of our military, go ahead and keep underestimating it.

Now the American public, different story...

Diehard- you really need to read more carefully.

the thread title is "the Feminization of AMERICA"- not the military.

I am pointing out exactly what our enemies say, that AMERICA has become more feminized. For g-d sakes, Al Qaida even uses those exact words.

the point is that a SOCIETY that had no problems dropping nuclear bombs on Japanese cities filled with civilians, or fire bombing Dresden- now has problems with keeping terrorists in air conditioned rooms.

seems to me that is a pretty good example of "how America has become feminized"...

the point is that a SOCIETY that had no problems dropping nuclear bombs on Japanese cities filled with civilians, or fire bombing Dresden- now has problems with keeping terrorists in air conditioned rooms.

seems to me that is a pretty good example of "how America has become feminized"...

I agree. Feminized, sissified, wussification. Call it what you want.

Men are being taught they have to shave their chest hair and not look like men. Colognes are becoming more perfumey. They're waxing their eyebrows to look like racing stripes. Men are getting manicures, pedicures and God doesn't want to know what else.

Can't we just be men anymore?

You can be a gentleman and dress nicely. You can be classy without having to taper your masculinity.

If this is indeed true in significant numbers, and I don't believe that it is, then masculinity is not being taken away....it's being given away.

Archived