Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

If he was in that cage as high as a kite then I change my mind, the judges should have scored it in his favor.

Well it certainly would have explained alot. Nick hardly showed any energy besides walking Condit down for 4 1/2 rounds before deciding to get engaged. If this is true, kiss the rematch goodbye, if there is one thing Dana truly despises it is these preventable issues with the fighters.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1218315p1.html?utm_campaign

CLOSING COMMENTS

The sheer amount of new content in UFC Undisputed 3 is staggering. The devs have managed to combine elements to make the experience less intimidating while still adding in a ton of new features to keep hardcore fans engaged. Taking some time off to rethink their game plan was a great move by the developers, and it really shows. This is the deepest and most realistic MMA experience around.

IGN gave it a 9/10

Rumor has it Nick failed his drug test. Tested positive for weed.

and now we will have a NSAC statement later today on who failed which drug test. This is getting comical and making the UFC, and Dana White look like fools. We go from Dana saying there will not be a rematch after the fight on Saturday, to him saying there will be a rematch earlier this week only to have Condit and Diaz deny it, then Condit's camp confirms the rematch, Dana announces it and now Gracie tells us there will be no rematch as we wait to hear from the NSAC. Way to keep things professional Dana.

Nick needs a year off anyway. Come back re-motivated, perhaps. Hope he doesn't get kicked out for this. I know he's been a tough employee to deal with, but he's an amazing mixed martial artist, period. You want the best fighters, and it's not like he took HGH or steroids. To me he should serve the punishment and be back against a contender in 2013.

Nick sorta reminds me of Ricky Williams.

---------- Post added February-9th-2012 at 05:56 PM ----------

So since Nick tested positive for weed is the fight turned into a NC or is that only if he wins?

Still a win for condit/loss for diaz. Would be a NC if Nick woulda won.

Nick needs a year off anyway. Come back re-motivated, perhaps. Hope he doesn't get kicked out for this. I know he's been a tough employee to deal with, but he's an amazing mixed martial artist, period. You want the best fighters, and it's not like he took HGH or steroids. To me he should serve the punishment and be back against a contender in 2013.

Nick sorta reminds me of Ricky Williams.

---------- Post added February-9th-2012 at 05:56 PM ----------

Still a win for condit/loss for diaz. Would be a NC if Nick woulda won.

Diaz is a great fighter, but he doesn't care about being a fighter. I don't think they'll get rid of him, but I wouldn't blame them if they did. If I had to promote him, how could I feel comfortable putting money into a big promotional campaign knowing that he's proven himself unreliable in just about every aspect of the business side of fighting?

Even though I'm a pro weed kind of guy, if your employment depends on you not using it, then you shouldn't use it. Seriously Nick? You couldn't lay off the herb for 30 days prior to the fight?

However, doesn't he have a legit perscription for it?

Even though I'm a pro weed kind of guy, if your employment depends on you not using it, then you shouldn't use it. Seriously Nick? You couldn't lay off the herb for 30 days prior to the fight?

However, doesn't he have a legit perscription for it?

that license , if he has one (I assume he does, but don't know), would only be valid for California, and since the fight was in Nevada, State laws apply-which is why the Nevada State Athletic Commision is the organization that licensed the event,issued the fine and the ban.

If he has a license to use it in CA, wouldn't be a weird situation cause technically if he smoked it in CA, it could show traces up to 30 days in his system which would draw a positive test in NV, even if he wasn't using it in NV.

No way he is cut for this, He is too much of a draw now, and guys who test positive for actual PEDs don't get cut after the first offense.

No way he is cut for this, He is too much of a draw now, and guys who test positive for actual PEDs don't get cut after the first offense.

But its not his first offense. He also got popped for weed after his Pride fight in Vegas in 2007 against Gomi. I know you probably know that, but he could very well get a harsher penalty since it is the second time. I don't have much of an issue with weed, but he knows that he is going to be tested and has already been caught once. You just have to be smarter than that.

But its not his first offense. He also got popped for weed after his Pride fight in Vegas in 2007 against Gomi. I know you probably know that, but he could very well get a harsher penalty since it is the second time. I don't have much of an issue with weed, but he knows that he is going to be tested and has already been caught once. You just have to be smarter than that.

He is not getting cut, just like Chael was not cut after his failed drug test, subsequent suspension and pleading guilty to fraud. The guy is too big of a draw to cut, and I don't think it is because he has a ton of fans, but he is polarizing, people either love him or hate him and will tune in to see him succeed or fail, whichever one they are rooting for.

He is not getting cut, just like Chael was not cut after his failed drug test, subsequent suspension and pleading guilty to fraud. The guy is too big of a draw to cut, and I don't think it is because he has a ton of fans, but he is polarizing, people either love him or hate him and will tune in to see him succeed or fail, whichever one they are rooting for.

I agree, I was never saying he was going to get cut, I just think that he is going to get more of a punishment (TM Tito Ortiz Enterprises) because it is his second time. And that, assuming he does not get this overturned, he should have been smarter.

I still don't see why athletic governing bodies test for marijuana. It's in no way a performance enhancing drug, if anything it's the exact opposite. Having said that he knew the rules and still failed, which indicates a major lack of professionalism on his part and should make any fight promotion wary of depending on him. I wouldn't be entirely shocked if the UFC accepted his retirement, so to speak, because this test follows his failure to show up at mandatory press functions. Why risk making him a headline again when the odds of it blowing up in your face are so significant.

UFC is a business and right now Nick Diaz is far more risk than reward.

Josh Neer has 2 DUIs and he no one seems to care.

WHen I said it was Nick's 1st offense, I meant while under the UFC banner. I believe his last offense was after the Gomi fight, in Pride.

I'm not excusing Nick. It is still a poor decision not to prioritize his career and paycheck over a hobby. I'm just saying Dana White has looked the other way regarding a lot worse things, if he feels the fighter is worth it from a business sense.