Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

You know sometimes that dry humping causes a lot of damage.

Josh after his dry humping left him with a nerve damaged face:

Koscheck%252C+Josh+%2528swollen+right+eye+courtesy+of+GSP%2527s+left+jab+at+UFC+124+noncloseup%2529.jpg

Jon Fitch dry hump damage.

6869-JonFitch_0133.jpg

I can't find a picture of BJ Penn but he threw in the towel, I guess dry humping wasn't his thing.

LOL, He actually stood up alittle with those guys he put Koz to death with his jab and Fitch was knocked all over the ring. But he did'nt fear eithers standup game. And as much as I like BJ he just don't have any cardio to fight more then 1-2 good rounds.

I like GSP he used to be my favorite fighter but he just does'nt finish guys that he should. And he won't stand with Carlos or Nick. GSP just does'nt have that killer instinct to finish fights, he plays it safe. I think GSP has great standup and it sucks we rarely get to see much of it anymore.

I'd like to see Diaz vs Anderson at 185

Edited by Samuels

Finally got a chance to put some time in on the Undisputed 3 demo last night (ps3).

I'll probably wait until the price drops to pick it up. For this to be the 3rd edition of the game, the striking still doesn't have the fluidity it should. Too much of a robotic feel to it for my liking. I like the fact that they got rid of the old submission system (damn near messed up my controllers trying to finish submissions in the past lol), but the new system feels gimmicky.

LOL, He actually stood up alittle with those guys he put Koz to death with his jab and Fitch was knocked all over the ring. But he did'nt fear eithers standup game. And as much as I like BJ he just don't have any cardio to fight more then 1-2 good rounds.

I like GSP he used to be my favorite fighter but he just does'nt finish guys that he should. And he won't stand with Carlos or Nick. GSP just does'nt have that killer instinct to finish fights, he plays it safe. I think GSP has great standup and it sucks we rarely get to see much of it anymore.

I'd like to see Diaz vs Anderson at 185

Anderson would toy with Diaz. Diaz is slow (in terms of movement), flat-footed, and no threat to take Anderson down. He would get Forrest Griffin'd.

Edited by StillUnknown

Anderson would toy with Diaz. Diaz is slow (in terms of movement), flat-footed, and no threat to take Anderson down. He would get Forrest Griffin'd.

He wants to bang so give him somebody that wants to standup with him. Nick has fought at 185 before and other then Chael or GSP laying on him thats the most exciting matchup for me other then Anderson at 205 with Bones.

Nick has a hellva alot better chin then Forrest. He took some massive shots from Daley who's left hand is a freaking cannon and finished him standing. Not saying Nick can win but i'd pay to watch and would'nt completely count him out.

He wants to bang so give him somebody that wants to standup with him. Nick has fought at 185 before and other then Chael or GSP laying on him thats the most exciting matchup for me other then Anderson at 205 with Bones.

Nick has a hellva alot better chin then Forrest. He took some massive shots from Daley who's left hand is a freaking cannon and finished him standing. Not saying Nick can win but i'd pay to watch and would'nt completely count him out.

Paul Daley isn't on the same planet as Anderson Silva. He's got KO power but he's not even in the conversation of most dominant strikers on the planet. His three fights after Diaz have all been decisions and those are in Strikeforce, BAMMA, and RingsideMMA. Everyone that has tried to stand and bang with Silva has taken a nap.

Nick is too small for silva but I would love to see it. Not like he would be afraid of silva like Okami who was already defeated once he stepped

Into the cage. Daley is probably the most dangerous striker at 170. No one stands with him. Woodly wrestled him and so did Kos. As to the Kos gsp fight. It as disappointing for one simple reason. Gsp could not put away a guy with a broken orbital. Wtf. He was practically blind. To be fair though Kos is very durable.

Paul Daley isn't on the same planet as Anderson Silva. He's got KO power but he's not even in the conversation of most dominant strikers on the planet. His three fights after Diaz have all been decisions and those are in Strikeforce, BAMMA, and RingsideMMA. Everyone that has tried to stand and bang with Silva has taken a nap.

Your right Anderson is a way more accurate and has way more tools in his toolbag. But Daleys left hand might be most brutal in all of MMA and Diaz just kept eating them and coming back for more until he ko'd Daley. Not many guys beat Daley playing his game.

Diaz just does'nt quit. I thought for sure Daley was gonna KO him those shots were brutal.

I personally would love to see them fight.

Thats the reason I like Nick he could have very easily just subbed but he did'nt play it safe.

Edited by Samuels

I'm probably the biggest Diaz fan here and I cannot believe we are having a discussion about him fighting Anderson Silva. Nick wins fights by erosion, Silva by explosion. There simply would not be enough time for Nick to tenderize Anderson before Silva catches him.

Besides, we all know Silva walks around at 205. He's just too strong.

Daley's striking is so much different than Silva's. He winds up his hands, knees and kicks, putting a ton of power behind them, while Silva snaps his punches and kicks from nothing. Look at all those kicks Condit was landing, now imagine what Anderson would do. It's just impossible imagining Nick chopping Anderson down with 150 body shots. If Diaz chin were to hold up, I think his face would look like hamburger meat by the championship rounds. If it were to go to the ground, Diaz would have a shot, but standing up, stylistically, even as good a boxer as Diaz is, it's a terribly bad matchup.

That methodical, walk forward like a zombie approach would feed right in to the best counter striker in MMA history.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Daley's striking is so much different than Silva's. He winds up his hands, knees and kicks, putting a ton of power behind them, while Silva snaps his punches and kicks from nothing. Look at all those kicks Condit was landing, now imagine what Anderson would do. It's just impossible imagining Nick chopping Anderson down with 150 body shots. If Diaz chin were to hold up, I think his face would look like hamburger meat by the championship rounds. If it were to go to the ground, Diaz would have a shot, but standing up, stylistically, even as good a boxer as Diaz is, it's a terribly bad matchup.

That methodical, walk forward like a zombie approach would feed right in to the best counter striker in MMA history.

I don't think yall are giving Diaz enough credit, his not a zombie at all. You are making it sound likes he is the Chris Leben of the 170. Diaz is so much more then jjust a plodding zombie, no one throws combinations like Diaz and the angles he finds are uncanny. Not saying Silva wouldn't tool him but it wouldn't be anything like Leben vs Silva.

I don't think yall are giving Diaz enough credit, his not a zombie at all. You are making it sound likes he is the Chris Leben of the 170. Diaz is so much more then jjust a plodding zombie, no one throws combinations like Diaz and the angles he finds are uncanny. Not saying Silva wouldn't tool him but it wouldn't be anything like Leben vs Silva.

Leben is a zombie because he gets put on Neptune in pretty much any fight he's in, and somehow he can still fight in such a state of mind. I use the term zombie for Diaz because from the get-go he doesn't move around a lot. He barely gets on his toes, he rarely bobs/weaves/slips, he gets jacked in the face fairly often, yet he absorbs it like nothing 95% of the time while constantly walking towards his opponent. It's virtually like a zombie. A zombie with very good boxing offense? You better be damn sure. Not discounting Diaz, I'm a huge fan of his.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

I've been a Nick Diaz fan for years now and I honestly don't think he'd make it out of round 1 with Anderson Silva. Anderson is bigger, faster, stronger and has better technique. Diaz isn't a threat to take him down and that's about the only place he could have a potential advantage...and I'm not even sure of that.

Now the big question is, what does a title fight between 2 Jackson MMA fighters look like? does either Condit or GSP move forward, or do they both move back and wait to counter? do the judges give a round to the guy who back up the least or throws the most feints?

MMA fans who practice MMA or boxing will probably enjoy the Condit GSP fight for their technical skills, but to the casual fight fan, this could be the worst WW title fight of all time, 5 rounds of guys trying to slightly outpoint each other and not much action.

As for Diaz, I think he got robbed, I had a hard time scoring the bout, I gave 1 round to Diaz and 1 round to Condit and the other 3 where a coin flip IMO, but I thought that with Diaz pressing the action, he should have been leading on the score cards. The fight was so close that I would not have been surprised at a draw, or not surprised if Diaz wond a SD, but Condit by UD caught me by surprise.

As for Diaz, I think he got robbed, I had a hard time scoring the bout, I gave 1 round to Diaz and 1 round to Condit and the other 3 where a coin flip IMO, but I thought that with Diaz pressing the action, he should have been leading on the score cards. The fight was so close that I would not have been surprised at a draw, or not surprised if Diaz wond a SD, but Condit by UD caught me by surprise.

In one part of your statement, you say you think Diaz was robbed. In another part, you admit that is was closely contested in each round. The two cannot coexist.

I have no problem with anybody who thinks Diaz won the fight, reasonable minds can disagree on an outcome of a fight, but there was no robbery in that fight.

As for GSP/Condit, I think it looks like another GSP special, 5 rounds of takedowns. Although I expect Dana & Co. to let GSP sit back and recuperate the knee injury, letting Condit & Diaz rematch.

Edited by StillUnknown

In one part of your statement, you say you think Diaz was robbed. In another part, you admit that is was closely contested in each round. The two cannot coexist.

I have no problem with anybody who thinks Diaz won the fight, reasonable minds can disagree on an outcome of a fight, but there was no robbery in that fight.

As for GSP/Condit, I think it looks like another GSP special, 5 rounds of takedowns. Although I expect Dana & Co. to let GSP sit back and recuperate the knee injury, letting Condit & Diaz rematch.

I agree a GSP 5 round wrestling clinic.

I watched the fight again SU and I still gave Nick 1,2 and 5 but that fight could have went either way for sure. Every judge and person looks for different things.

I think Diaz got robbed in that it was a close fight in all five rounds, but 2 judges scored it 4-1 Condit, and one scored it 3-2 Condit. like I said, it could have been a draw-split or unanimous, or a split decision for Diaz IMO, but there is no way I thought Condit would get two 4-1 scores, maybe 1. Now that I think about it, maybe he didn't get "robbed", since when watching the fight with some friends, two of whom have fought professionally, no one could agree who won 3 of the 5 rounds, be we all agreed that if whatever a judge scored the first questionable round, they had to score the other 2 the same way, so I could see how you could go 4-1 for one fighter, I just didn't think that fighter was Condit.

I like both fighters, but was upset with both during the fight, Condit for backing up and running away and Diaz for letting him by not mixing things up and changing his attack. I think a rematch is a great idea, but I don't think it will happen, I don't think we will see Nick Diaz fight again,....this year anyway. I think Condit ends up fighting someone else-(Ellenberger, Shields, Hendricks??) late this summer, and the winner fights GSP by the end of the year.

I think Diaz got robbed in that it was a close fight in all five rounds, but 2 judges scored it 4-1 Condit, and one scored it 3-2 Condit. like I said, it could have been a draw-split or unanimous, or a split decision for Diaz IMO, but there is no way I thought Condit would get two 4-1 scores, maybe 1. Now that I think about it, maybe he didn't get "robbed", since when watching the fight with some friends, two of whom have fought professionally, no one could agree who won 3 of the 5 rounds, be we all agreed that if whatever a judge scored the first questionable round, they had to score the other 2 the same way, so I could see how you could go 4-1 for one fighter, I just didn't think that fighter was Condit.

I know this sounds odd in retrospect, but as I watched the fight i remember thinking a case could be made for Carlos winning the 2nd round. Not arguing, just remembering.

I like both fighters, but was upset with both during the fight, Condit for backing up and running away and Diaz for letting him by not mixing things up and changing his attack. I think a rematch is a great idea, but I don't think it will happen, I don't think we will see Nick Diaz fight again,....this year anyway. I think Condit ends up fighting someone else-(Ellenberger, Shields, Hendricks??) late this summer, and the winner fights GSP by the end of the year.

I agree with every word.

So...Condit vs. Diaz 2 is all but a done deal now. That was fast....

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/383512/Condit-accepts-rematch-with-Diaz/

Something tells me GSP might be out longer than Nov. 2012 or that GSP's desire to fight Diaz and UFC's desire to put together one of the bigger money making matches for GSP ever helped nudge Condit into agreeing to this rematch.

If I'm Diaz, why not attempt more takedowns if say, the boxing vs. striking match doesn't go more favorably after a round or two? Judging by how fast he took Condit's back and was able to control him once he had it, you'd think in a rematch he would be more willing to go to the ground and sooner. Would have been interesting if that happened with 2-3 mins left in the round. Start using your all-around game Diaz....Come on!

*Herm Edwards* we play to win the game *Herm Edwards*

Mission accomplished.

Condit has 26 finishes in 28 victories, goes to one decision, and people type cast him off that performance.

I swear MMA is the ultimate "what have you done for me lately" sport.

When you showcase yourself for maybe 40mins a year, yeah, one fight can change your opinion on someone, and I think that can be fair sometimes.

I was as disappointed in Condit. I liked both guys a lot, but was rooting for Diaz.

More than wanting Nick to win though, I wanted to see a fight. When I tune in for a Machida, Edgar, Cruz fight I expect to see a point game with he eye for a finish if it presents itself. When I tuned in for this fight past experience told me it would be a war, so I was disappointed. At the same time if Condit was using the same strategy to beat a guy I don't like, I probably would have been happy with it. When GSP comes at him and he uses that footwork to avoid takedowns instead of exchanges, I'll cheer for it. That's on me. I completely understand what Condit did and why. Good for him, but it cost him fans and the perception of him as a fight has changed until his next fight. Whatever that's worth....

---------- Post added February-8th-2012 at 12:55 AM ----------

Did anyone notice this dirty tactic by Werdum in the fight. I swear when the guy gets tired he starts resorting to dirty tricks like this.

2ufrb0l.gif

Rogan kept pointing that out. Not sure what he was trying to accomplish with that, but I also saw him pull the shocker on Nelson when he was getting up from a take down.

---------- Post added February-8th-2012 at 01:01 AM ----------

So...Condit vs. Diaz 2 is all but a done deal now. That was fast....

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/383512/Condit-accepts-rematch-with-Diaz/

Something tells me GSP might be out longer than Nov. 2012 or that GSP's desire to fight Diaz and UFC's desire to put together one of the bigger money making matches for GSP ever helped nudge Condit into agreeing to this rematch.

If I'm Diaz, why not attempt more takedowns if say, the boxing vs. striking match doesn't go more favorably after a round or two? Judging by how fast he took Condit's back and was able to control him once he had it, you'd think in a rematch he would be more willing to go to the ground and sooner. Would have been interesting if that happened with 2-3 mins left in the round. Start using your all-around game Diaz....Come on!

I'm not sure more takedown attempts would have meant anything. Diaz isn't a double leg across the cage kind of guy. That isn't in his arsenal. Condit did such a great job circling away that Diaz just didn't have the opportunities for more takedown attempts.

One thing that would have been interesting for Nick to do would have been to pull an Anderson Silva and stand there with his hands on his hips and waited for Condit to go forward for once. Or dropped to guard like Werdum. Anything to breathe cycle of stalking:backpedaling

Edited by Sebowski

People cast Carlos off because he fought completely different then we are accustomed too. Was it effect? Yes, but that is not how carlos fights at all. He is not a point fighter and the fact he did it against Diaz after declaring a war and all that bs rubs the fans the hard way and its justifiable. The biggest fight of his career and he decides to play it safe. As for the rematch I am glad for Nick but I don't see how he can really win, I mean his not an exceptional td artist and if Condit fights the same Nick is due for a long night. I personally think with the cage size it would be close to impossible to cut the cage off.