Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

The new UFC video game demo is out for Xbox; and PS3 I'm assuming. It is so awesome. Can fight in the old Pride arenas with the Pride rules allowed.

It's the best one yet. Definitely gonna get it come mid Feb.

If you like UFC Undisputed on facebook u get Alistair Overeem added to your fight roster for free they will email u a code on release day. :)

http://www.facebook.com/UFCUndisputed?sk=app_161379357295384

If you like UFC Undisputed on facebook u get Alistair Overeem added to your fight roster for free they will email u a code on release day. :)

http://www.facebook.com/UFCUndisputed?sk=app_161379357295384

Good looking out on the link.

I may wait to pick this game up though, I bought the first two shortly after they were released and got bored with them pretty quick.

Good looking out on the link.

I may wait to pick this game up though, I bought the first two shortly after they were released and got bored with them pretty quick.

Same here. I'm glad they changed the sub game. Still not sure if it's any good though. I kept playing the Pride rules and was enjoying it, but then I played as Anderson and he kept throwing spinning elbows over and over again. Lame. Looked like Bones does the same thing.

Pride Mode is more fun right now than the regular UFC mode. It's awesome because it's 10 minutes straight, it's in Japan and a different feel with the ropes than the octagon, Rampage and Wanderlei are completely different fighters, and the kicks to the head!!! The knees to the head and the stomps are ****ing brutal looking and badass. Rampage's slams are awesome too. My roommate picked it up and played it for the first time ever and loved playing as Rampage because he can pick up and slam from seemingly anywhere unless you can defend it correctly.

I felt going back into the UFC mode of the demo hampered me and held back the full game a little. I caught myself thinking, damn I wish this was 2 rounds... or damn I wish I could kick him now in this position, but I can't. With Rampage and Wanderlei, you experience one of the best trilogies in MMA, AND more importantly you feature two styles of MMA.

They made a mistake in picking JJ and Anderson Silva for the UFC mode because they both do basically the same thing in the game. I would have probably liked JJ and Machida or Shogun, or someone who has a different skill set than Jones. Bones and Silva kept throwing spinning back elbows, spinning back fists, flying knees and kicks, and **** that just got old and annoying after a while. I hated trying to throw a power punch one way and then throwing 3 spinning punches in a row out of nowhere...

Overall the game feels a LOT better than the last one. Playing the last one now and getting into a submission animation comes across like they took out the submission mini-game they have in there now. The new sub system is much more efficient, as is the transition system. I'm assuming the fighting mechanics for both modes will be similar, so I'm excited for the potential of the UFC mode, but honestly the Pride mode is so much fun, it is definitely enough for a full game on its own.

Also, thanks for the Overeem link! Just did that

Edited by styx491

UFC 143 pre-fight press conference is about to start any minute now on ufc.com.

edit: most respect i've seen diaz give an opponent in a staredown I wonder if he will still taunt condit into his fight? maybe it will be different at the weigh-in.

Edited by Patrick86L

UFC 143 pre-fight press conference is about to start any minute now on ufc.com.

edit: most respect i've seen diaz give an opponent in a staredown I wonder if he will still taunt condit into his fight? maybe it will be different at the weigh-in.

Dana must've paid him well for the BJ Penn win because I've noticed Nick has lightened up on his schtick and actually smiles in interviews once in a while now.

Weigh-ins are at 7pm ET/ 4pm PT.

I have a feeling that tomorrow night Nick is going to show just how beneficial it is to spar with high level boxers. Carlos will go for some KO shots out of nowhere, but that's all I can see him winning by. Sure, he'll chop the legs, perhaps land some shots, but Nick is a painless zombie in there. It's been a while since Nick has had a submission victory. I'll say Carlos gets desperate in the 3rd, throws something wild, gets taken down and submitted via RNC.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Anyone else think the UFC is pushing Jones on the people. I can understand why but I find it a little annoying. I admit I am not a fan but I won't miss a Jones fight.

UFC needs new stars with Brock retiring and GSP on the shelf with injury. PPV numbers took a big hit in 2011, particularly cards headlined by lower weight fighters (the card with Edgar/Maynard III & Aldo/Florian didn't even break 250k buys). They know they have a rare talent in Jones so they are putting the full machine behind him.

Edited by StillUnknown

Ok for anyone that has the demo..

Can anyone win in Pride with the difficulty level turned all the way up. This is so ****ing dumb. My punches do no power. And rampage is quick as a ****ing featherweight.

The rage is at an all time high right now.

I haven't bumped it all the way up, but Rampage is definitely harder to beat than Wandy. Rampage was frustrating the **** out of me for the same reasons you just mentioned. Then I finally switched to playing as Rampage and won the first try on whatever difficulty I was on.

Weigh-ins are at 7pm ET/ 4pm PT.

I have a feeling that tomorrow night Nick is going to show just how beneficial it is to spar with high level boxers. Carlos will go for some KO shots out of nowhere, but that's all I can see him winning by. Sure, he'll chop the legs, perhaps land some shots, but Nick is a painless zombie in there. It's been a while since Nick has had a submission victory. I'll say Carlos gets desperate in the 3rd, throws something wild, gets taken down and submitted via RNC.

Definitely a possibility. Frank Shamrock was saying that Nick Diaz's volume of punches is overwhelming and that he hits you with so many punches, so fast that you can't breathe and he just outworks you because his cardio is so good. I can't wait to see what happens tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_mpTddo8gQ

"I'm low on water, I'm low on calories, I'm low on food, I'm low on energy and I'm more so than anything low on patience with anything that takes patience"

"If you ask me something stupid and I am going to answer it with something stupid and if I hear myself talk something stupid and if am really pissed off, depressed and, bent out of shape about it, I'm going to throw a serious fit for no ****ing reason."

Incredible episode. SO pumped for this!