Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Watching Davis throw a punch is like watching Jason Campbell throw a pass.

No fluidity to his striking at all. He's all about the basics right now, at the top level of the division, that just won't cut it.

People on twitter are killing this card. Dana's going to have a hard time spinning this one.

No fluidity to his striking at all. He's all about the basics right now, at the top level of the division, that just won't cut it.

People on twitter are killing this card. Dana's going to have a hard time spinning this one.

The matches on Fox so far have definitely been less than stellar. Which is a shame. Could be winning a lot of new fans on a major network but I don't know that any non fans of MMA would want to tune in for more after the first two broadcasts. At least there was some entertainment with the prelims.

---------- Post added January-29th-2012 at 03:13 AM ----------

Dana tweeted the bonuses : Sub of the Night Oliveira, KO Lavar Johnson, FON Dunham vs. Lentz. Each guy gets $65k. Congrats guys!

Cub Swanson got jipped.

It's still going on, but I have to say that I don't think this UFC event did anything to help draw in casual fans like they've been wanting. They almost need a Hendo/Shogun type fight to really grab the casual viewer, but sadly those kind of fights don't go down every other week.

They need strikers. This card is loaded with ground fighters.

Anyone got a gif of that Swanson KO?

4.gif

5.gif

That's a nasty KO...it looked like Big John stopped it kind of late though.

---------- Post added January-28th-2012 at 10:47 PM ----------

Thankfully, Nate Diaz vs. Jim Miller is on the next FOX card, I just can't see that fight being boring.

That is a fight that could get casual fans to like the ground game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Bl9XydgMm0

Badr Hari's last Kickboxing fight before moving to Boxing was yesterday against Gokhan Saki. Man, I thought Badr would win a decision but I never thought I would see Saki destroyed like that.

It's too bad we will never see the rubber match between Hari and Overeem.

Edited by Patrick86L

Patrick, did you see Ghita's knockout of Hedys Gerges? Ghita looking like a monster now that he's toned up a bit.

Yeah I'm glad Ghita got a chance to redeem himself after losing to Gerges last time on that low blow that was called a knockdown. If Hari ever does come back to kickboxing that's who I want to see him face in a comeback fight.

Bisping got robbed IMO ( I gave him the first, slight edge in the 2nd and Chael the third), and the only thing more painful than watching that calf slicer was watching jon jones reading his notes to us and trying to act "natural" in the booth.

As for Chael, he is up to his old crap again, and I can't wait for Silva Sonnen II. I think Andy with his world class striking will open a nasty cut on Chael and will have a doctor's stoppage between rounds 2-3 or 3-4. Even though Sonnen has gone off the deep end with his comments lately, the guy is starting to grow on me, I still don't think he is a great fighter, a decent one with a heck of chin and great wrestling, but his I am starting to like, or at least be entertained by his act.

You have to hand it to Chael, he is a middle of the road MW in he UFC, yet he has talked himself into being the #1 contender even after failing a drug test, being convicted of fraud and having his license suspended for lying to a state athletic commission, continued use of TRT and tops it off with a poor performance in his title eliminator fight. If even one of those things had happened to another fighter (except poor showing in eliminator), I doubt you would see them back in the UFC for a few years, but Chael has been able to keep himself relevant wit his mouth, and I kinda respect and loathe him for that at the same time.

Edited by artmonkforHOF

That is a HUGE line for this fight because of Rashad's stature. Rashad is gonna get ****ed up by Jon Jones regardless, but he deserves more respect in the line than that. Anyone remember what GSP's initial line was against Shields?

I think it was around 500 or 450, and ended up at like 600. I ended up taking a flier on Shields since I was getting 12:1 with a local bookie (he had no money on Shields at all) the day of the fight. My bets turned out alright as I also bet on Machida and picked Aldo on that same card.