4 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Cruz just said McGregor has the tactical advantage

Cruz is not going to pass his next drug test

McGregor's tactics are impressive: 

1 - Talk a lot of ****

2 - Cash in like no MMA fighter ever has before

But they aren't better than Mayweathers:

1 - Get paid millions for fighting an amateur boxer

I'm giving DC round 2 as well.  Again significant strikes are IMO heavily in his favor.  He's also controlling the fight.   

1 minute ago, StillUnknown said:

feels like the commentary isn't giving Jones credit for the shots he's landing

a lot of what he's landing is off target.  He's beat the hell out of Cormier's shoulders.  Most of Jones landed strikes are to the body/legs but they aren't hard.

Just now, Destino said:

I'm giving DC round 2 as well.  Again significant strikes are IMO heavily in his favor.  He's also controlling the fight.   

a lot of what he's landing is off target.  He's beat the hell out of Cormier's shoulders.  Most of Jones landed strikes are to the body and legs.

i think he's put in some great work to the body already that hasn't been touched on

GREATEST OF ALL TIMES

NO DISPUTE

that headkick was ****ing perfection

Jones actually gave some damn good props to DC, i'm shocked

Cormier ate a bomb from Rumble a rebounded, how much force was on the Jones head kick?

Jones calling out Brock

he wants those PPV dollars 

Edited by StillUnknown

I'm really upset, not gonna lie. DC looked great and was fighting like an absolute champ for those first two rounds. One kick to the head and now I've got to hear for the rest of time that DC is a **** and a paper champ. Bull****.

Maybe one day I'll change my mind on Jon Jones being human garbage, but not yet. He's doing his choirboy routine right now. Hopefully he sticks to the straight and narrow and doesn't hold up the division with extracurricular nonsense and makes the most of his talent.

• Like 1

DF9gGwUXYAIc1Pl.jpg

fair scores

rewatched that final sequence and its a testament to the early body work Bones put in

DC sold out completely to block a shot he thought was heading for his midsection and leaned right in a flush head kick. telling you, that body work by Bones in the first 2 rounds created the finish

Edited by StillUnknown

Cormier got caught chasing a little too much.  I think his performance early in the fight was so much better this time around that he got a little too comfortable.  Bones was going backwards pretty much the entire time and he finally baited Cormier in one too many times and he paid the price. 

I wish Bones would go up to heavyweight and stay, and it has nothing to do with the Brock challenge, although if that is the catalyst for it, so be it.  As far as THAT fight goes.  Not sure why people are so hyped for it.  I fully expect Brock to wilt and turtle as soon as Jones lands any kind of kick to Brock's mid-section.

Does Cormier retire now? He isn't young, and he dominates all of his opponents, but the chances of getting a third fight with Bones are thin, and at this point he has cemented his status as "The best......besides....."

I was totally wrong on this one. I wanted DC to punish Jones.  Thought ring that would get to him and DC would catch him and pound him out. Jones is a bad dude! That kick was crazy. DC has nothing to be ashamed about.  It was a good fight until the end, unlike that Woodley/Maia snoozefest. 

MMA's top stars are going through a bit of an "awakening" lately.  They are learning to use more leverage and go for what pays them the most.  Lesnar doesn't belong anywhere near Jon Jones, but because the casual fans will eat it up and pay to see it. It'll happen.

Dana White pulled GSP/Woodley because the casuals and some MMA mainstay fans don't like Woodley's style, despite the fact he beats all of his opponents and fights in the weight division GSP ruled for so long in a not so distant time ago.

On 7/30/2017 at 10:23 AM, StillUnknown said:

circus fights are in fashion at the moment

Bisping/GSP is back on

I'd have no problem with circus fights if they done with legends that are no longer at the top of their game.  Having the current champions be the ones wrestling bears just cheapens the sport.  

14 minutes ago, Destino said:

I'd have no problem with circus fights if they done with legends that are no longer at the top of their game.  Having the current champions be the ones wrestling bears just cheapens the sport.  

Agree.  If you are the champ, you should be defending your ****ing belt, not fighting up 2 weight classes, or doing a boxing match, or wrestling a bear.  

For the record, I would love to watch Chael Sonnen fight a bear because (1) he'd talk SO much **** about the bear and that would be great and then (2) he'd get mauled by a ****ing bear.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Destino said:

You really can't be mad at these guys for wanting to get paid. Jones v Lesner is potentially the biggest fight in UFC history. Jones saw how a less talented McGreggor talked himself into a huge money(no pun intended)fight with Mayweather. 

I don't blame Jones one bit. 

On 7/30/2017 at 11:20 PM, NoCalMike said:

Dana White pulled GSP/Woodley because the casuals and some MMA mainstay fans don't like Woodley's style, despite the fact he beats all of his opponents and fights in the weight division GSP ruled for so long in a not so distant time ago.

Dana White needs to go.  His job is to sell the sport and promote fights, instead he's out here ****ting on his champ for dominating his title defense because it was boring.  Its not like it was Woodley's idea to attempt 20+ take down attempts, he had to stay on his feet and he did.  Sometimes it's exciting and sometimes the styles make for an ugly fight, that's how the sport works.  Dana knows that.