Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

10 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

his chin is not of this earth

when it goes, its going to be ugly, but until then, he's going to put a few souls to rest himself

It'd also be interesting to see if he employs his signature plowing forward technique against Khabib or someone like him, who won't hesitate to take him down when he's fighting at such close range, and likely give him serious problems on the ground.

19 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

Well to be honest, Amanda's last two fights were against one fighter who had one foot out of the fighting game for awhile and didn't look mentally into it from the start, and then the other was against an opponent who had over a year layoff not to mention zero stand up.

I am not saying Nunes is going to reinvent herself for this fight, but I also think if she comes in "guns blazing" in this fight it's possible she doesn't get the same results.

Nunes currently in the hospital. Main event could be scrapped tonight.

EDIT : It's officially scrapped.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

21 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Travis Browne has fallen so far. 

Yeah. It's a wonder he is ranked where he is, but that could be a bi-product of not a very deep weight division at the moment, or at least one where too many guys are inconsistent. 

Also for Nunes.  Is the consensus that this is a weight-cutting issue?  I haven't heard many details other than she wasn't feeling good, but the doctors seemed to insist she was medically cleared.  

Good fight.

Surprised Romero says he knew he hurt Whitaker's knee in RD1.  I didn't see ONE attack to that leg (which is Whitaker's lead leg, for goodness sake) after that.  Whitaker had it out there to be kicked quite a bit, too.  Nothing.

"Were you aware that you hurt his leg in RD1?"

"....uh..ummm...YES!  YES I DID!  NO FOR GAY JESUS!"

13 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Good fight.

Surprised Romero says he knew he hurt Whitaker's knee in RD1.  I didn't see ONE attack to that leg (which is Whitaker's lead leg, for goodness sake) after that.  Whitaker had it out there to be kicked quite a bit, too.  Nothing.

"Were you aware that you hurt his leg in RD1?"

"....uh..ummm...YES!  YES I DID!  NO FOR GAY JESUS!"

Whittaker won that fight on 2 things : Fighter IQ and Cardio (and his TDD was pretty damn good, too)

I been tellin everyone - people keep sleepin on this kid, but he keeps KOing and beating great fighters by fighting smart fights, which offset any lack of physical gifts.

Maybe one of the smartest fighters in the UFC.

He's going to be undisputed champion.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

4 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Whittaker won that fight on 2 things : Fighter IQ and Cardio (and his TDD was pretty damn good, too)

I been tellin everyone - people keep sleepin on this kid, but he keeps KOing and beating great fighters by fighting smart fights, which offset any lack of physical gifts.

Maybe one of the smartest fighters in the UFC.

He's going to be undisputed champion.

I had Whittaker winning the fight too.  Romero is a beast, but I am getting tired of the "athletic freaks of nature" who are basically fighting out on their feet for 3 rounds because they gas so quick.