Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

48 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

I thought Maia was fighting Woodley next

I must have caught a video clip out of context, from Dana's interview today.

He was talking about how Rockhold was saying he deserved another title shot, and Dana responded by telling him that he just got KTFO, and now Luke has to earn it, and that Maia has earned it. He actually said all of that in one sentence. So, reflexively I'm thinking he was pitting Maia against Bisping.

But now it just dawned on me, he must have been speaking in general about Maia earning the title shot - not that he was earning it in place of Rockhold.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Yeah Maia is fighting woodley. Horrible horrible Match up for Maia. I think he gets koed. 

Maia has a sneaky way of forcing things to mat, but Woodley usually follows a pretty solid gameplan and is a great wrestler.  More importantly than being a great wrestler, he's a far better athlete than Maia and should be able to stay on the outside and pick Maia apart and land a killshot

1 hour ago, StillUnknown said:

Woodley usually follows a pretty solid gameplan

Was the Rory fight an exception, since he "usually" gameplans well. Rory made him look pretty lost for the entire fight. And I just wondered if it was just a really good matchup for Rory, or if Woodley was just having an off-night, or if Woodley has really improved since that fight.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

I blame you. You had no problem him fighting Hendeo. 

I knew you were gonna ****in say that.

Shouldn't he had a few more fights by now?  That's a one-off exception to me.  Sorry.  I'm cool with giving fights like Serra/GSP, Royce/Hughes, and the sort on a blue moon.

At that time, there wasn't a clear #1 contender ready to fight, and Hendo is Hendo.  It was okay in my eyes, and I admit I am biased.

You get your head knocked around by the absolute best you can find for years and years, for this sport, and you deserve a little push from behind when you're calling it a career afterwards.  Sorry that I have no problem with that.

2 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

I don't see a slippery slope, I see a freaky scenario.  An aligning of the stars.  You act like because of that fight, it set a precedent.  If you would rather have had Bisping on the shelf instead of a rematch with Hendo, then you have bad ankles.  Period.

The Bisping/GSP booking seemed like it confirmed that a precedent was set with Hendo.

So you have Bisping going from fighting a guy literally on the precipice of retirement, to a guy, just coming out of a 4-year retirement (and in a different weight class).

And it was only because of a fluke that it appears the GSP fight won't happen. And even though the GSP fight ain't happening, we're still not getting a legitimate title fight.

On a side note, every time I look at Romero, I can't believe he's a middleweight. He looks like he should be fighting 2 divisions above that.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

3 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

On a side note, every time I look at Romero, I can't believe he's a middleweight. He looks like he should be fighting 2 divisions above that.

Whenever i see him, i think about how scary a fighter he could have been had he jumped into MMA earlier in his life

• Like 1